Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This is as good a news we could have expected. Let's hope for a full recovery.

the problem is it's not really saying anything, it's been rumored he would be out for the season but we don't know anything about the injury, how bad it is, or if the docs think he'll make a full recovery. Just that he's expected to be at camp but that doesn't really mean anything.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
the problem is it's not really saying anything, it's been rumored he would be out for the season but we don't know anything about the injury, how bad it is, or if the docs think he'll make a full recovery. Just that he's expected to be at camp but that doesn't really mean anything.
Doesn't it mean if the injury heals correctly, he'll be in camp? That's how I read it anyways.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Didn't MB say that it hadn't been ruled out that Juulsen would come back this year?

He seemed rather reassuring when a reporter put the question to him about how there were reports that Juulsen's eye injury might compromise his career.

Maybe I'm not remembering this correctly. I believe he answered it at his mid-season presser.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
"«Il progresse, mais on ne doit pas trop s'exciter, a confirmé Bouchard. Il doit suivre le protocole de rémission. On doit s'assurer qu'à chaque étape il aille de l'avant. C'est sûr que c'est encourageant pour nous, pour lui aussi. Mentalement, tu as besoin de voir la lumière au bout du tunnel.»
Pour sa séance du matin, Juulsen a travaillé à recevoir des passes provenant d'un peu partout, et à décocher des tirs sur réception. Des exercices, de toute évidence, qui visaient à tester sa vision périphérique."

Translation:
"He is making progress, but we must not get excited," Bouchard said. He must follow the remission protocol. We have to make sure that at each stage it goes forward. It's certainly encouraging for us, for him too. Mentally, you need to see the light at the end of the tunnel. "
For his morning session, Juulsen worked to receive passes from everywhere, and to shoot shots on reception. Exercises, obviously, that aimed to test his peripheral vision.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Doesn't it mean if the injury heals correctly, he'll be in camp? That's how I read it anyways.

the article posted from J-F Tremblay goes into more detail so at least he's on the ice skating but I was hoping the Habs would say what the docs think of his chances to return 100%

Jul 6, 2016
For 3rd pairing standards, 5 goals, 20 pts, and a +16 is well above average. This is almost on par with what Sergachev is doing with Tampa this year. A contract year for Benn... he clearly showed up this season and will be looking for a decent contract. Turns 32 in July. Outside chance that some team signs him for 2 or 3 years at $2M AAV (+/-)

I'm not sure what Bergevin will do with Benn. Does he let him walk or does he still value him like he did when he protected him in the expansion draft?

It all depends of what Juulsen can provide next season IF 100% healthy again.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It all depends of what Juulsen can provide next season IF 100% healthy again.

I have confidence he will be 100% healthy. If not, that is some rare freak career ending injury I tell you. Habs doctors expect a full recovery. Don't listen to the reporters trying to earn a living... Listen to the Habs doctors

Juulsen played very well for us before those pucks to his face game. He lead our team in hits and blocks and he was a +5 in 21 games. He even made Reilly look good

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
what did you do with Petry?

I don't see Kulak getting 3 years, no way.

I don't think Fleury is ready to be a full timer next year

That blueline would be brutal.

My opinion is that with Juulsen's strong play this season, and the depth Montreal has on the right side, that Petry will be traded at the Draft for a 1st round pick and something else.

The dream scenario is for Montreal to manage to get one of the big Cs available in this draft + draft Harley (youngest LD top end PMD available in the 1st round) with those two selections.

Reactions: montreal

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
That's a significant downgrade from this years defense. I see MB adding after this year as opposed to selling. Also 15 teams we cant trade him to so i don't see it happening next year. Deadline 20/21 is much more likely imo. In you're scenario is Petry moved in a hockey trade or for futures?

My point is that it's a short term downgrade for a long-term gain.

Folin, Fleury, and random UFA will likely battle it out for the 3rd RHD position. Fleury may jump back and forth with the AHL as he grows into his role.

Have Mete and Juulsen implement themselves properly into top 4D roles. Introduce Fleury slowly, such that in the 2020/2021 season you will have Brook and Romanov also beginning the transition to the NHL roster (and in a dream scenario, Harley drafted in the 2019 1st round then starting to push that year or the next on the left side.)

Long term you'd have an evolution where:

Harley - Brook
Mete - Juulsen
Romanov - Fleury
Kulak

(Petry traded, Weber traded, etc.)

To me, that's the end goal.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
He did pretty good for the first 20 games behind Petry :dunno:

With Rielly, no less.

I mean, when are we going to give the kids playing time ?
He was fighting to keep his nose above water more often than not. He wasn't ready.

Both Mete and him could've used the time to simmer in Laval. To learn to be more assertive offensively in each cases and Juulsen to also work on his skating - any kind of moderate speed in the NHL would expose him. We saw how much even the small amount of time helped Mete's game.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Been annoyed by multiple injuries. Let the recovery at her own natural pace. Don't force yourself to comeback. Without being at 1909%... Just wanna him to be a top healthier player at all costs.

Saku K

AKA Saku K.
Jul 28, 2002
3-Rivières, Québec
Visit site
If Juulsen is 100% healthy I expect him to compete for the last RD spot at training camp. I am not 100% sold on him right now, not much production, saw him get burned by speed a couple of times despite not being a big defenseman. Good shot, some physicality to his game that I like. I would expect Benn to sign elsewhere for more money so there should be a spot open. Short term, I don't see him on the top-4 and still need developing to move up the ladder. I wouldn't mind him starting in the AHL after all his health issues.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
If Juulsen is 100% healthy I expect him to compete for the last RD spot at training camp. I am not 100% sold on him right now, not much production, saw him get burned by speed a couple of times despite not being a big defenseman. Good shot, some physicality to his game that I like. I would expect Benn to sign elsewhere for more money so there should be a spot open. Short term, I don't see him on the top-4 and still need developing to move up the ladder. I wouldn't mind him starting in the AHL after all his health issues.

That's my thinking. He missed a lot of hockey this year. So I'd personally like to see him start off in the AHL getting top minutes. If he's healthy, I don't think it would be long before he'd be called up.

Reactions: Saku K

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
That's my thinking. He missed a lot of hockey this year. So I'd personally like to see him start off in the AHL getting top minutes. If he's healthy, I don't think it would be long before he'd be called up.
Hurrying up for Juulsen isn't on his advantage.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Wouldn't rush Juulsen. We're solid on the right side already and I'd rather he play top line in Laval rather than bottom pair on the Habs.

Reactions: cphabs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->