2019 Stanley Cup Final NO STREAM - Bruins To Hold Intrasquad Scrimmage At TD Garden On May 23

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
They should've had Z and Bergy be the captains and then have them draft their own teams.

Would be great if they made a secret gentleman's agreement to pick Marchy last. There's no way he'd take that quietly.

While I love the idea of having Marchand being the last man (I'm just envisioning Marchand having a Joe Pesci-style breakdown), Cassidy shot down this idea quickly during the press conference. It's business - they don't get to pick teams for training camp, either.

I also remember Bruce saying that teams may be fluid. There could be a few artificial PP/PK situations, and some 4v4. Players may hop from one team to the other to make a full PP unit. I'm hoping they actually put players in the box - I managed to get a seat next to the penalty box. I will be playing the role of "St. Louis Blues heckler", just to get them prepared for games 3 and 4.

Reactions: lopey and sooshii

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Don’t listen to Felger right now especially TP

Blues Bruins breakdown

Blues look like 1980 Islanders

Bruins old and last chance

Reactions: TP

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Don’t listen to Felger right now especially TP

Blues Bruins breakdown

Blues look like 1980 Islanders

Bruins old and last chance
Felger is predicting a Bruins win though . At least that’s what he said yesterday. I know most here don’t like Felger and Mazz but I enjoy the show and find it entertaining.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Guy just called up Felger and Mazz all pissed off because of tonight's game and is like "what if Chara gets hurt? What if Rask gets hurt?"

Uhhhh... What if they get hurt in a regular practice? What if they got hurt working out?

I don't get the issue tonight.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Guy just called up Felger and Mazz all pissed off because of tonight's game and is like "what if Chara gets hurt? What if Rask gets hurt?"

Uhhhh... What if they get hurt in a regular practice? What if they got hurt working out?

Typical idiot caller for those idiot hosts. They troll for these morons, and the morons take the bait.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

I don’t know . It is a bit of a concern . What if Bergeron catches a rut and injures himself in a meaningless game ? The stands will be full and these guys will feed off that energy and will be going harder than they would at a practice which is fine as long as no one gets hurt . Fingers crossed .

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
why isnt this on NESN+ or even NESN???

Remember, we’re the lunatic fringe. Yeah, even casual fans will be tuning in on Monday, but a scrimmage? Where players may randomly change teams, and penalty situations will randomly be assessed? It’s a tough sell. Plus, it’s last minute.

They actually may do better showing a “Sox in 2” of this afternoon’s game, since most folks were at work during it.

As far as NESN+ - maybe it’s showing something else? Maybe it costs money to operate it instead of a generic “NESN+ is here” graphic with an audio feed of NESN?

The other issue is how high quality the scoreboard feed is. And, I assume Jack and Brick might not be available - or would command some money if they were to commentate. Watching the Garden scoreboard on TV isn’t exactly riveting programming, and it might be diluting the brand, so to speak.

Plus, they might have been afraid that they wouldn’t be able to sell the tickets. (Ha!) If you put it on TV, maybe people stay home.

Either way, yeah, it sucks that it’s not on NESN. But hopefully it will be on an unrestricted feed on bruins.com.

Reactions: BMC and TD Charlie

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Sounds to me like it's going to be a pretty controlled scrimmage. It's good they will be able to play in front of a crowd on the ice they will be playing on come the SCF, have refs, and be a tad more competitive than in practice. As long as Z isn't firing 100 mph slappers into traffic from the point, or guys aren't running each other and going high then things should be just fine. I fear a rusty player getting injured in game 1 more than I do someone getting injured in a controlled scrimmage. I think the coaching staff are making a smart decision by having this scrimmage.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Felger and Mazz are painful. They are so negative and annoying. However, I love listening to bruins talk so I do listen to the station in general in hopes of catching any bruins chatter even if it’s awful and I’m generally annoyed by it. I do however, love Toucher and Rich and the Hockey Show on Saturday’s.

I’m sure they are probably pooping on the Bruins for this scrimmage and talking about how good the Blues are but also how big of a dissapointment it will be if they lose.

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad