2019 Stanley Cup Final NO STREAM - Bruins To Hold Intrasquad Scrimmage At TD Garden On May 23

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Of course Adam Jones complaining that Tuukka is giving up goals to Backes and Chelarik
Adam Jones is the biggest POS on 98.5. He goes out of his way to be a *****. I used to enjoy listening to Damon Amendolara. He enjoyed and respected the Bruins and had a good knowledge of hockey. That clown Jones is just that: A clown. He acts the jerk just to stir up controversy. No a fun listen!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Adam Jones is the biggest POS on 98.5. He goes out of his way to be a *****. I used to enjoy listening to Damon Amendolara. He enjoyed and respected the Bruins and had a good knowledge of hockey. That clown Jones is just that: A clown. He acts the jerk just to stir up controversy. No a fun listen!

I can’t even listen to Jones any more. Even outside of the downer gimmick, even stripping the most annoying quality of his he’s still just shit at his job.

Reactions: Lady Rhian and TP

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Nice to see the game available to those that don't typically have the means to go see Bruins games. Bruins hockey is supposed to symbolize the lunchpail attitude, and it is a shame that seeing games live is out of the reach for so many fans. The best way to grow the game is by getting kids in the seats with their parents. Those memories turn into nostalgia and it pays dividends down the road. Not quite sure where the game will be in 20 years if the only people that can afford to see it today are in the top 10% of income earners.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Nice to see the game available to those that don't typically have the means to go see Bruins games. Bruins hockey is supposed to symbolize the lunchpail attitude, and it is a shame that seeing games live is out of the reach for so many fans. The best way to grow the game is by getting kids in the seats with their parents. Those memories turn into nostalgia and it pays dividends down the road. Not quite sure where the game will be in 20 years if the only people that can afford to see it today are in the top 10% of income earners.
My son tried to get us tickets to one of the games- balcony seats, lowest ticket was $550.00. Broke his heart, as he wanted to take me to a game so bad, but he can't afford that.

Reactions: ap3lovr and BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
My son tried to get us tickets to one of the games- balcony seats, lowest ticket was $550.00. Broke his heart, as he wanted to take me to a game so bad, but he can't afford that.

I can tell you the Bruins have made available tickets to former STH's going back to the Garden and offering them a game at what current STH's paid.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Yeah it’s high.

Even if I was rich, I wouldn’t spend that kind of money to go to a game. That’s just me though. For the price of two tickets, you could spend that money on a big screen and surround sound system at home and enjoy a quick walk to your fridge for cold beverages and no line to the bathroom.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Yeah it’s high.

Even if I was rich, I wouldn’t spend that kind of money to go to a game. That’s just me though. For the price of two tickets, you could spend that money on a big screen and surround sound system at home and enjoy a quick walk to your fridge for cold beverages and no line to the bathroom.

True, but it's not the same as being there, live, spending a little less than $10 for a beer.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Yeah it’s high.

Not to mention, in our case, the train ride then an hour and a half drive home. Much as we would have loved to go, just to say we were there, it isn't worth the price. Not to mention the rude people getting up and down several times during the period for food and drinks- bathroom break, I totally understand, but three or four times during the period for beers? Half of them are also on their phones, not even watching the game- this happened last week at a Red Sox game- I won't get into the young adults in front of us using vapes, marijuana pens, constantly standing up (but not cheering for the Sox!), drinking, turning around 100 times to talk to their friends four rows up, and don't get my daughter started when hubby and I went during between innings to get something to snack on- they had their friends come down and sit in OUR seats! My daughter told them nicely that we were coming back, and they said "so what, they're not using their seats now, are they?" We barely got to enjoy them, they were awful and just utterly ridiculous.

I will enjoy it much more at home.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

I was looking a few days ago as well, and was shocked to still see a good number of balcony tickets available. Then i clicked on a couple seats, saw the face value costs and it made sense. Not a chance I’m paying that.

Reactions: BMC and Lady Rhian

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Cutrent STHs did get an offer for extra balcony seats - at least I did, and it was $400 or $450 for game 1. Forget what the other games were offhand, but they were better than what you’d find on the secondary market, and way worse than real STH seats.

And for anyone hoping to go see the less formal practices this weekend - nope. Looks like they’re at the Garden, which usually means it’s closed, because they don’t want to have to clean up after fans. Warrior arena just tweeted that their practices were moved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->