2019 Stanley Cup Final NO STREAM - Bruins To Hold Intrasquad Scrimmage At TD Garden On May 23

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
cut.jpg

The Boston Bruins announced today, May 21, that the team will hold an intrasquad scrimmage at TD Garden on Thursday, May 23 at 7 p.m.

The scrimmage is a ticketed event that is open to the public and media, with doors opening at 6 p.m. Concessions will be available for fans, and all kids will receive free popcorn. Net proceeds from the event will benefit the Boston Bruins Foundation.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public today at 3 p.m. Tickets cost $20 and parking in the North Station Garage costs $10. Tickets are available online only, are not for resale, and are first come first served with a limit of four tickets per account.

Members of the Boston Garden Society will receive ticket purchase information based on the product and package they own later today. Tickets for Season Ticket Holders and Game Plan Holders cost $10 and parking in the North Station Garage costs $10.

The Bruins will split into two teams - Team White and Team Black - and play two 25-minute periods of controlled scrimmage, with two referees on the ice to officiate play.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Thoughts on lineups? Without Black Aces I would guess:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Acciari

Krug-Carlo
Grzelcyk-Clifton

Halak

vs.

DeBrusk-Krejci-Backes
Heinen-Coyle-Johansson

Chara-McAvoy
Moore-Kampfer

Rask

PP units kept together for the most part (no DeBrusk on top unit, but I seriously doubt they'd put the top 2 lines on one team).

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Thoughts on lineups? Without Black Aces I would guess:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Acciari

Krug-Carlo
Grzelcyk-Clifton

Halak

vs.

DeBrusk-Krejci-Backes
Heinen-Coyle-Johansson

Chara-McAvoy
Moore-Kampfer

Rask

PP units kept together for the most part (no DeBrusk on top unit, but I seriously doubt they'd put the top 2 lines on one team).
Looks good , I would switch D's.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
How to handle a 10-day playoff layoff? Set up a fake game,...

“We’re looking for compete, and we’re looking for pace,” explained Cassidy. “We’re not looking for players to blow each other up. We’ve had good practices, but this will be a little bit different.”

The white and black teams will be divided between the top lines vs. the checking lines. This season’s version of the black aces — callups from AHL Providence — consists of six forwards and three defensemen and those players will be split between the two teams, which are composed of three lines each. Tuukka Rask will play for Team White, while Jaroslav Halak will be in net for Team Black.

Cassidy explained that individual players will decide how much ice time they want in this scrimmage. Zdeno Chara, who missed Game 4 of the Eastern Conference final due to a nagging injury, is good to go and will likely participate in the scrimmage.
There will be on-ice officials, and at certain points different special-team scenarios will be integrated, including four-on-four situations.

The biggest concern, of course, is the chance of injuries.

“That’s one of the inherent risks of this,” admitted Cassidy. “This isn’t a physicality contest out there. It’s compete on pucks, play with some pace, be respectful of each other; no different than practice. We have some (moments) in practice where we ask guys to establish body position and not running each other. That’ll be a challenge, but we have a smart enough group and we’ll relay that message to some of the younger guys that we’re doing this for a reason and the reason isn’t to injure one another.”
To keep things a bit interesting, the winning team will receive some sort of reward.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Black Aces

*I think Carey is still an Ace.

Jordan Szwarz
Trent Frederic
Jack Studnicka
Zach Senyshyn
Paul Carey*
Peter Cehlarik

Urho Vaakanainen
Jeremy Lauzon
Jakub Zboril

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Edit: I was able to buy a parking pass by logging into my ticketmaster account via bostonbruins.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenway

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I mean this is better than a preseason game which is charged the same as a regular season game unquestionably. It’s a nice bone to die hards who can’t afford 600+ for a ticket but wanna get another look at the team in person. And will help the guys stay sharp more than a similar skate at warrior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad