2019 Stanley Cup Final NO STREAM - Bruins To Hold Intrasquad Scrimmage At TD Garden On May 23

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Hearing the paid attendance for this is STRONG.

Not only is it "paid" attendance - I'd imagine a high percentage will actually go. Sure, maybe some people drop $20 on 2 tickets and then their plans fall though, but I don't think there are many (if any) resellers.

I checked again for parking in my account (just for yucks, and because Spot Hero is making me nervous), and I noticed that there were only 3 categories left for the STHs, as opposed to about 7 or 8 yesterday. Don't know if there are any left still, and if there are, they might release them to the public tomorrow if they're smart.

Good on the Bruins fans for paying what must be at least $160K for this game. And the proceeds are going to a good place.

And for anyone saying "just move the practice to night time" - Warrior looks like it seats, what, 800 maximum? Move the practice from day (when people are working) to night, and you're going to get very crowded very fast, unless it's a closed practice.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Yeah they could never do anything like this at Warrior and tell the public about it too small. I don’t even think they can open development camp scrimmages to anyone other than STs since it seats half what Ristuccia does. Only 200 or so left I wouldn’t wait if your interested in going no clue how you’d get a ticket once it sells out other than showing up and asking people if they have an extra and plans fell through.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Yeah they could never do anything like this at Warrior and tell the public about it too small. I don’t even think they can open development camp scrimmages to anyone other than STs since it seats half what Ristuccia does. Only 200 or so left I wouldn’t wait if your interested in going no clue how you’d get a ticket once it sells out other than showing up and asking people if they have an extra and plans fell through.

No, I've been to a couple of the development camps since they moved to Warrior - there's actually not an overflowing crowd, even though it's on a weekend morning. Last year they supposedly restricted one day to "Gold" STHs (10+ yrs, I think), but I think it was just to hand out free t-shirts? Wasn't a capacity issue. Part of that may be that the talent is diluted - you see either Bergeron or Chara, but not both on the ice at the same time, unless you stay for both sessions. Part of that may be that nobody's thinking about hockey in August, especially with a team that didn't make the Finals. (May be different this summer!)

But yeah, if you want to go, I'd say get tickets now. Or, rather, that you should have grabbed some at 1 PM (when they sent the email to STHs) or 3 PM (when general public opened up) on Tuesday. When I heard $10 or $20 for a scrimmage, I figured supply would go fast.

Reactions: Alicat

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Sold out. Nice job by our fans the players should get a boost hearing this. I am pretty excited I view this more as a Bruins All Star game than a preseason game/scrimmage given the time of year and what is happening next week. Can't really think of any 'reward' to have them play for that makes sense but we'll see what Butch comes up with.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Is there any chance out of market fans will be able to see this? I feel like usually when they stream things on the website it’s only for the New England area

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
hope its a non contact minor scrimmage you see in practice as anything more is just risky, use the opportunity for the fans to cheer them before the finals like the Pats fans did for the Patriots before their superbowl

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Sold out. Nice job by our fans the players should get a boost hearing this. I am pretty excited I view this more as a Bruins All Star game than a preseason game/scrimmage given the time of year and what is happening next week. Can't really think of any 'reward' to have them play for that makes sense but we'll see what Butch comes up with.

Yup real excited it sold out. The hype for The cup is strong

Reactions: jangerhofer and DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We are going

What do you think attendance will be ?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Media and opposing HF & twitter love Blues in this series

Vegas and me love the Bruins in this series

Hmmmmm

Reactions: sooshii

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
It's seated. There's 7 different seat types that you can get in Account Manager if you're a STH (or Premium Club/Garden Society, or Game Plan Holder), and they're all loge. You don't get to pick your exact seat - it will determine the "best seat available" in the category you pick. It's $10 from Account Manager, $20 if you're not a STH, Game Plan Holder, or have a Premium Account.

I have absolutely no doubt that the Boston Bruins Foundation will be getting a nice check. I do, however, question the wording. They say "Net Proceeds", but that no doubt means they're subtracting something from the $10 (or $20) per ticket cost to cover manning the event, which is reasonable. And I assume this is net proceeds from the ticket sales only...they're most certainly still selling hot dogs, nachos, and beer....and, legally, there are restrictions on changing the price of alcoholic drinks, because someone in the 80s got drunk at a happy hour at a Ground Round and killed someone in a parking lot.

I'm sure JJ will making something from the event, but I don't think it's from the $10 charge.
Well they do have to pay those pesky Garden employees and security folks.

jangerhofer

Dec 22, 2018
New Hampshire
This could be a sign of the future.

There are NO paper tickets to this event and all tickets are locked in the Ticketmaster app

Right now neither Stub Hub or Ace is showing anything for tonight
Pro: would make it straightforward for box offices to offer ticket verification for ticket resales.

Con: would make it straightforward for box offices to charge exorbitant fees for ticket resales.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Have some easily breakable plans tonight, so I opted not to get tickets.. Now I am regretting my decision. should be a blast

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Have some easily breakable plans tonight, so I opted not to get tickets.. Now I am regretting my decision. should be a blast
You don’t have to be there to be ‘scared’

Reactions: TP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad