2019 Stanley Cup Final NO STREAM - Bruins To Hold Intrasquad Scrimmage At TD Garden On May 23

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
"with two referees on the ice to officiate play."

So this is what they are doing with the ****ty refs now.
That's funny. I saw that and wondered who got to be lucky enough to work the game. I'm too old, too slow, and most importantly, too far away, but that would be a whole hell of a lot of fun.

Reactions: TP

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I just realized that YET AGAIN, the Bruins are gonna play (even if it's just a scrimmage) while I'm on a plane. At least I'm home all next week for games 1-3, and not travelling during a game again until Game 5.

Reactions: BMC

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Nobody gets hurt and they win the cup this will be viewed as a brilliant move.

Somebody gets hurt and they lose this will viewed as moronic.

Not much room in between.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

Yea I'm concerned about injuries... I know they can happen in practice too.. but I dunno. Just worried a blocked shot or errant stick.... who knows. Hopefully it goes off without a hitch

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I think this is a bad idea. Players will be playing partially serious and not playing in real game mode... and will also be playing to NOT get hurt. In actuality, this is how players DO get hurt. How are they going to benefit from playing half-hearted hockey?
I'd rather they just keep up their practice and gym work. Don't like this at all.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think this is a bad idea. Players will be playing partially serious and not playing in real game mode... and will also be playing to NOT get hurt. In actuality, this is how players DO get hurt. How are they going to benefit from playing half-hearted hockey?
I'd rather they just keep up their practice and gym work. Don't like this at all.

Guys get hurt in practice all the time. You can't stick the team in bubble wrap for 11 days and then expect them to come out and play next Monday at 100%

Its Intrasquad, so you're not going to see anyone trying to settle scores out there. I'm sure in some ways it will be a bit like an all star game

Could someone get hurt, yes anything is possible, but I have no doubt they are playing very spirited practices this week trying to get ready

Reactions: TwineTickler

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

This isn't half hearted they are just gonna back off where they would usually play the body.

NHL players can play with mens league rules just like non NHL players.

When was the last all star game injury in hockey?

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The scrimmage is the right thing to do. I'm sure that Cassidy has explained to all the players - especially the Black Aces - that this isn't training camp, and they're NOT going to play with the volume turned up to 11. Yes, there's a risk of injuries. But here's a list of injuries in the past 5-6 years for the Bruins that haven't occurred during a game (or happened almost tangentially related to a game):

1) Brett Connolly getting hit on the wrist literally minutes into his first practice with the Bruins after the trade deadline.
2) Pastrnak getting hit (by Miller?) in his first training camp after his draft, sending him to Providence for the start of the season. Shoulder, I think?
3) Rask getting run into by Bjork during practice and getting a concussion.
4) Chris Kelly breaking his leg and ending his season (and Bruins career) by literally stepping onto the ice during a game - no contact, just a freak injury.
5) Pastrnak schmoozing with sponsors this year and tripping getting into his Uber.

Details may be hazy, but I'm pretty sure the general picture is accurate - and those are just the ones I remember. Accidents happen. Yes, they happen more frequently during games, and the more intense he game, the more likely they are to happen. But it's worth a small chance of injuring a player (who may or may not be a key player) to shake off some of the 11 days of rust that the players will have.

And I'm not going to apologize for this post even if we get injured - it can happen. I'll be annoyed if it does, but that's life. Playing a scrimmage isn't even drawing to an inside straight - it's pushing more money into the pot with the best hand. Can we lose? Sure. But we're more likely to win. I'll take a 3% chance of an Acciari injury in exchange for some improved conditioning and game reflexes on the players any day.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Players will be playing partially serious and not playing in real game mode... and will also be playing to NOT get hurt. In actuality, this is how players DO get hurt.

Please provide even a shred of evidence to support this.

I'll save you the time. You can't. It's just something some coach most likely said at some point long ago to get his players to play harder. It sounds good so people repeat it, but there is no actual data to support it.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
"Omg the layoff is going to suck they'll get rusty"

The Bruins then schedule a game to keep legs fresh.

"Omg paranoia they're gonna get injured"

Calm the heck down people!
We want to worry... we need to worry.
I'm worried, I feed on fear dammit.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

It's already viewed has a great idea on my part.
Now.. let them play

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
It's a night practice. Maybe with a bit more pace. That's all. If anyone is clapping bombs or running goalies they're idiots

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

They would likely be practicing and scrimmaging anyways.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
On the 23rd I will be coming home after another back procedure. Will anyone be reporting what happen at this practice?

No injuries during this practice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad