2019 Stanley Cup Final NO STREAM - Bruins To Hold Intrasquad Scrimmage At TD Garden On May 23

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Not really... I am shocked they aren't selling seats for the away games on the jumbotron... There is still time though.

We don’t do this and I’m fine with it feels small time and going deep is nothing special. I’m attending the scrimmage and looking forward to it atmosphere will be great but I’d never go into the building to watch a game on the Jumbotron.

Game watches at City Hall Plaza would be a better idea and should happen IMO.

Reactions: sooshii and TP

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Nothing special? This isn't the 2nd or even 3rd round. This is the freaking Stanley Cup Finals. It's the polar opposite of "nothing special".

Where would we draw the line anything before the finals would be empty and like 400 people total watching the jumbotron imo. I wasn’t referencing this run per say just saying Boston fans aren’t happy to just make the playoffs like Toronto are who readily congregate en mass for first round games on tv.

I hope the scrimmage is full might not technically sell out but I’d like it to be close the Pats damn near filled the field and lower part if Gillette for their pre super bowl rally we at least get to watch hockey Thursday.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
On one hand, it's probably good they play a bit to get warmed back up for the Cup.

On the other hand, i'm f***ing terrified somebody's gonna get hurt. PLEASE FELLAS, take it easy on each other!

Reactions: BMC and mg08

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
On one hand, it's probably good they play a bit to get warmed back up for the Cup.

On the other hand, i'm ****ing terrified somebody's gonna get hurt. PLEASE FELLAS, take it easy on each other!

A black aces fight would be quality imo.

Senny and Zboril should drop with each other.

Reactions: Krupp

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Where would we draw the line anything before the finals would be empty and like 400 people total watching the jumbotron imo. I wasn’t referencing this run per say just saying Boston fans aren’t happy to just make the playoffs like Toronto are who readily congregate en mass for first round games on tv.

I hope the scrimmage is full might not technically sell out but I’d like it to be close the Pats damn near filled the field and lower part if Gillette for their pre super bowl rally we at least get to watch hockey Thursday.
Judging by ticket availability it’s almost sold out already

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Any idea if it’s GA or seats?

It's seated. There's 7 different seat types that you can get in Account Manager if you're a STH (or Premium Club/Garden Society, or Game Plan Holder), and they're all loge. You don't get to pick your exact seat - it will determine the "best seat available" in the category you pick. It's $10 from Account Manager, $20 if you're not a STH, Game Plan Holder, or have a Premium Account.

The proceeds are going to the Bruins foundation.

I have absolutely no doubt that the Boston Bruins Foundation will be getting a nice check. I do, however, question the wording. They say "Net Proceeds", but that no doubt means they're subtracting something from the $10 (or $20) per ticket cost to cover manning the event, which is reasonable. And I assume this is net proceeds from the ticket sales only...they're most certainly still selling hot dogs, nachos, and beer....and, legally, there are restrictions on changing the price of alcoholic drinks, because someone in the 80s got drunk at a happy hour at a Ground Round and killed someone in a parking lot.

I'm sure JJ will making something from the event, but I don't think it's from the $10 charge.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Judging by ticket availability it’s almost sold out already
upload_2019-5-21_17-8-21.png

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Edit: I was able to buy a parking pass by logging into my ticketmaster account via bostonbruins.com

Dangit, I didn't notice - is there any way to get parking AFTER you buy the ticket? Most games they let you pay for parking separately, but now that I have my ticket, I can't find an option to get prepaid parking.

EDIT: Nevermind, they've run out of prepaid parking. Guess I'm taking the T. :/

EDIT: Nevermind again, they're for sale on Spot Hero for $9. Saved a buck!

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
In all seriousness, I see this as a no win scenario.

You can do this in practice without advertising it.

If you have someone hurt, you’re inviting second guessing and it’s an unnecessary distraction.

If you lose the series, it’s something to be mocked for.

Just have a scrimmage at the practice facility.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Loge is gone looks like they will go first half of balcony in fourths then the highest rows. Should be fun in there and a great atmosphere this is a pretty damn unique event I’m not sure any team has ever done something like this.

Pretty sure that this is a record-breaking wait for the Stanley Cup Finals - at least, it's got to be close to that. So that's a good reason for a scrimmage - break up the monotony of practice for folks like Krejci who prefer to play.

Teams do all sorts of on-ice stuff that the Bruins don't do. I vaguely recall one team this decade hosting a "skills competition" for the kiddies - basically, the ASG without the the All Stars, or the Game. And I think some teams, in addition to their official preseason games, may have an intrasquad game in September...but I could be wrong.

BTW, practices ARE free at Ristuiccia, including free parking.

Several have been wanting Halak to get some ice time.

If he plays well enough, do you consider starting him in Game 1?

Congrats. My aneurysm just popped.

Reactions: BMC

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
In all seriousness, I see this as a no win scenario.

You can do this in practice without advertising it.

If you have someone hurt, you’re inviting second guessing and it’s an unnecessary distraction.

If you lose the series, it’s something to be mocked for.

Just have a scrimmage at the practice facility.

Nah cause that’s still practice and is like being at the driving range. This is playing 18 even if it’s not sunday at Augusta.

As a fan instead of choosing between buying a Ferrari ie finals tickets or taking the bus ie tv you have the option of a Ford.

They’re still gonna try and score more goals than the other side they just won’t be plowing each other into the glass to do so.

Why enter a series with a historic disadvantage in terms of rust/rest. This is an excellent idea and a one time ever event seeing this team in the Garden play hockey in late May for 20 bucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->