Trade: [NO/LA] Anthony Davis for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three 1st round picks

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Damn I dug deep into this and you right. I guess playing for the Cavs ruined his defensive reputation.

he was terrible defensively his last year with the cavs. he didn't put much effort last season on D but lakers kids had young legs under them and could run, allowing lebron to rely more on his IQ on D. with cavs in 17-18 they had lot of vets who couldn't keep up. and last years lakers had an edge at center even with washed up tyson chandler and javale 'goaltending' mcgee.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lol @ whoever thinks AD isn't a top 10 player in the league right now

and someone really said kyrie is better? hahahaha

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
AD is a top 5 player?

Khwai
Giannis
Embid
LBJ
Harden
KD
Curry
Irving

Just of the top of my head, and all easily better. Then you have a group of Jokić, Simmonds, George, Westbrook etc who some would take over him. He is nowhere near a top 5 player.

Anthony Davis is 3rd all-time in career PER

Only Jordan and LeBron are ahead of him

Is it possible you're confusing Anthony with Ed?

Reactions: Morozov

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Smart move. The Nuggets should continue to build the way they have been. Giving up Murray for what would almost assuredly be one year of Davis probably isn't worth it.

Then again, we see what Kawhi Leonard just did for the Raptors, so maybe the Nuggets were thinking a championship and Davis bolting in 2020 would be worth it.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Smart move. The Nuggets should continue to build the way they have been. Giving up Murray for what would almost assuredly be one year of Davis probably isn't worth it.

Then again, we see what Kawhi Leonard just did for the Raptors, so maybe the Nuggets were thinking a championship and Davis bolting in 2020 would be worth it.
Joker and AD lol

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
AD is a top 5 player?

Khwai
Giannis
Embid
LBJ
Harden
KD
Curry
Irving

Just of the top of my head, and all easily better. Then you have a group of Jokić, Simmonds, George, Westbrook etc who some would take over him. He is nowhere near a top 5 player.

incredulous.gif

Kyrie? Embiid? Simmons? ohhhhhh man

KD, LBJ and Kawhi are better than him, that I won't argue. Giannis had a good year but there is no way I'd choose him over Davis, Curry maybe but certainly not any of the other guys you listed.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The only players I'd put above Davis to start next season are LeBron, Kawhi, Giannis, and Curry so he's in my top five. Durant would've bumped him out if he was healthy. If Davis can stay healthy he could be the best player in the NBA and it wouldn't be a shock to me if he's #1 on my list by this time next year.

Reactions: Voight

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
What do Laker fans think of the Lakers keeping Kuzma over Lonzo?

Terry Yake?
Mymerlincat?
Ziggy Stardust?
Voight?
Kingsholygrail?
The Night King?

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
What do Laker fans think of the Lakers keeping Kuzma over Lonzo?

Terry Yake?
Mymerlincat?
Ziggy Stardust
Voight?
Kingsholygrail?
The Night King?

would've preferred they dealt kuzma

kuzma's strictly a scorer while lonzo brings so much more with his defense, passing, and bball IQ. but i'm just glad they got to keep one of BI, lonzo, and kuzma

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yeah but he's also 35 in a sport that doesn't see a lot of elite players in their mid 30s. Jordan's last rodeo was at 35. Kobe was out of his prime by 34 for sure. Larry Bird wasn't winning NBA titles in his mid 30s either. Lebron has a ton of mileage, and there's a decent chance that from here on out injuries will become more frequent and more difficult to quickly overcome.

I think you’ll see LeBron letting AD take a lot of the load in the regular season and saving himself as much as possible for the playoffs.

A team with AD and whoever else they sign should be able to easily make the playoffs even with LeBron coasting. Then he’ll turn it on in the playoffs to try to replicate what he did in Cleveland.

Maybe not Kawhi level load management, but I think the days of him playing high 70s game are over and he’s much more likely to be in 70-75 games and not playing as many minutes.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
incredulous.gif

Kyrie? Embiid? Simmons? ohhhhhh man

KD, LBJ and Kawhi are better than him, that I won't argue. Giannis had a good year but there is no way I'd choose him over Davis, Curry maybe but certainly not any of the other guys you listed.

i think embiid has a case, though i'd take AD over him.

not sure if i'd put ben simmons even in the top 20.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Lakers will swing for the fences with Leonard, Walker, Irving. The last two are real possibilities, Leonard is a huge longshot but it is tough to know what he's thinking. I think Irving is the guy. He's over the Lebron thing and they did win a title together. Worst case, is the Lakers sign a couple lower tier guys (Russell back, Rubio, lots of guys in a deep FA class).

My Best-Carey

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
meh, they score about the same on similar efficiency, but slight edge for AD. embiid is better iso-scorer, AD better off-ball and as a playmaker, embiid has blinders on when gets the ball. but he's quite a bit better defensively,

AD is clear cut better than Embiid. Not to say Joel is a bad player, but its 100% clear that Davis is better.

Reactions: Wrigley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad