Trade: [NO/LA] Anthony Davis for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three 1st round picks

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
they need a 3rd max guy and shooting if they even want to consider making a title run

the west is absolutely stacked
Looks like we won't have enough space for another max guy. I think I'd rather get a few lower tier FA's anyway, to fill out the roster. Re-sign Bullock, try and bring back Brook, and take a look at guys like Seth Curry, Marc Gasol, JJ Reddick, etc. I'd take KCP back if he took far less money.

Reactions: Wrigley

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
AD is clear cut better than Embiid. Not to say Joel is a bad player, but its 100% clear that Davis is better.
I don't know if it's necessarily clear cut. I would prefer AD over Embiid strictly due to health reasons, and that's saying something since AD is a noted injury prone player. But Embiid is very, very close to AD in terms of overall abilities.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Apparently the Knicks are considering taking Garland at #3. They are doing a workout with him.

I think if Barrett is on the board, the Pelicans take him, but if he indeed goes #3, the Pels trade down to get 8 & 10 from Atlanta

Add a Reddish and a Hayes maybe to Zion, Ball and Ingram

Last edited:

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
LBJ, KD, and kawhi are the only guys i'd put above AD
Agree. He’s the clear #4 after the top 3. It gets debatable as you get into 5-10

More I think about this trade you just theorize how ridiculous LBJ-AD could be together. LeBron is one of the best decision makers in the P&R and Davis is one of the best rollers and finishers. They can both do everything... this could be the greatest dynamic duo ever and only last a year or two.

Too bad LeBron wasn’t a few years younger.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Let’s see how the rest of the roster plays out because LeBron missed 27 games this season and is soon to be 35. AD has never played a full season. If even one is out, it could get ugly with only Kuzma as the other legit scoring threat.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Looks like we won't have enough space for another max guy. I think I'd rather get a few lower tier FA's anyway, to fill out the roster. Re-sign Bullock, try and bring back Brook, and take a look at guys like Seth Curry, Marc Gasol, JJ Reddick, etc. I'd take KCP back if he took far less money.
Agreed. First post on this trade. (Non FAs I think) Danny Green and Joe Harris would also be good. Over rated trade for both teams. The Lakers have no guards, no depth, and no shooting and the Pels don't have an All-Star. The Pelicans' 20 & 21 Lakers' picks are worthless unless the Lakers have LeBron or AD injuries, but as le sean pointed out that's not unlikely.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Let’s see how the rest of the roster plays out because LeBron missed 27 games this season and is soon to be 35. AD has never played a full season. If even one is out, it could get ugly with only Kuzma as the other legit scoring threat.

I'm expecting Lebron to sit out 20-25 games regardless to "manage his load".

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
How tf are they making playoffs with him out those many games

Yeah the West isn’t the East. They’d be lucky to go .500 with LeBron out. So if he sits 20 games (8-10 wins), they’d have to go at least 40-22 when he’s in the lineup. That’s just to grab the 6-8 seed. I don’t see that happening.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Agreed. People need to pump the damn brakes on this. If the Warriors keep the band together they will be the team to beat. It doesn't matter how they finish the season as long as they're healthy come playoff time. It took random acts of God and all the injuries that came with it in order for the Raptors to win the title.

The LAL are gonna be a lot better this year but unless they get another game breaker I don't see how they're taking out Curry, Klay, Green AND KD if he comes back

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

As more of this comes out, I wonder if some of the early speculation about the Lakers front office possibly not knowing how some of the cap details work, like the timing of the trade, is accurate. It sure seems like it.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Yeah the West isn’t the East. They’d be lucky to go .500 with LeBron out. So if he sits 20 games (8-10 wins), they’d have to go at least 40-22 when he’s in the lineup. That’s just to grab the 6-8 seed. I don’t see that happening.
Well we don't know how the rest of the roster will end up but between Phoenix, Memphis, Sacramento and the weaker teams in the East, there's enough games that he can sit out without compromising the season.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Apparently the Knicks are considering taking Garland at #3. They are doing a workout with him.

I think if Barrett is on the board, the Pelicans take him, but if he indeed goes #3, the Pels trade down to get 8 & 10 from Atlanta

Add a Reddish and a Hayes maybe to Zion, Ball and Ingram

Are they gonna want 3 rookies on the team tho? With AD and now probably Randle gone, they only vet left is going to be Holiday. Sure they can sign. super experienced guy but either way, 3 rookies on a. team is tough.

As more of this comes out, I wonder if some of the early speculation about the Lakers front office possibly not knowing how some of the cap details work, like the timing of the trade, is accurate. It sure seems like it.

Maybe with Magic in charge but with Pelinka a former agent, I would presume he knows the cap and how it works. Thats why Bob Myers was able to do what he's done with GS.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
With the injuries to Klay and KD, even if they come back the Warriors may be in a huge fight for the playoffs.
The biggest problem for the Warriors IMO will be trying not to fall behind early in the season. The West will be tough and they're gonna have a target on their back. By the time Klay returns it may be too late, and he can't be expected to be at 100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad