Trade: [NO/LA] Anthony Davis for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three 1st round picks

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
LeBron still looked like a top 5 player last year and with a full summer of rest, for the first time in 8 years, I think he'll be great next year. Think of how well he's done the last couple years with only having 2/3 months off.
For sure. Time is of the essence if he wants another ring.

I’ll expect a pretty inspired LBJ this year.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
LeBron still looked like a top 5 player last year and with a full summer of rest, for the first time in 8 years, I think he'll be great next year. Think of how well he's done the last couple years with only having 2/3 months off.
Top 5??? He didn't play any defense last season.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
It’s a good deal for both teams.

Ingram has all star potential and Lonzo is really underrated.

Griffin did an excellent job with the draft pick transaction too timing them to be after LeBron likely retires.

Anthony Davis is a 25 year old top 5 player in the sport in a star driven league like basketball, having 2 top 5 players makes you an instant contender.

Davis by all accounts will stay and be a star for the Lakers for the next decade.

It’s interesting to see what the Lakers will do from here, if they’re confident that can sign quality bench players for the minimum they absolutely should go all in on Jimmy Buckets or Kemba.

Another guy who is flying under the radar in this free agency class is Khris Middleton, I think he stays with the Bucks but if not I would covet him if I were the Lakers.

A lengthy wing that can shoot the 3 and defend well. Tobias Harris is another guy, but I see him getting overpaid by a mediocre team.
AD is a top 5 player?

Khwai
Giannis
Embid
LBJ
Harden
KD
Curry
Irving

Just of the top of my head, and all easily better. Then you have a group of Jokić, Simmonds, George, Westbrook etc who some would take over him. He is nowhere near a top 5 player.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
AD is a top 5 player?

Khwai
Giannis
Embid
LBJ
Harden
KD
Curry
Irving

Just of the top of my head, and all easily better. Then you have a group of Jokić, Simmonds, George, Westbrook etc who some would take over him. He is nowhere near a top 5 player.
There is no way anyone takes Kyrie Irving over Anthony Davis, and I also wouldn't take any of Jokic, Simmons, George, or Westbrook over Davis, either.

Giannis just had an MVP-caliber season, but I'd still take AD over him.

AD is a top-5 player in this league.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
There is no way anyone takes Kyrie Irving over Anthony Davis, and I also wouldn't take any of Jokic, Simmons, George, or Westbrook over Davis, either.

Giannis just had an MVP-caliber season, but I'd still take AD over him.

AD is a top-5 player in this league.
He isn’t but ok. Giannis line is just hilarious beyond belief.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
AD is a top 5 player?

Khwai
Giannis
Embid
LBJ
Harden
KD
Curry
Irving

If you think Kyrie is easily better than AD you really don’t know basketball, but we could probably gather that by you not being able to even spell arguably the greatest player in the worlds name right.

AD has been top 4 in the league in PER in 4 of the last 5 season, is probably the 2nd best two-way player in the league behind Kawhi and was 2nd in scoring this year before having minute restrictions.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He isn’t but ok. Giannis line is just hilarious beyond belief.
How is it hilarious beyond belief?

For all this praise that Giannis gets, Anthony Davis in last year's playoffs was putting up even better numbers. His only problem is that he ran into the Golden State Warriors and had to take them on essentially by himself.

It's fine if you don't agree that he is, but don't give me players like Kyrie, Jokic, Simmons, Westbrook, etc as players potentially better than him. That is what's truly laughable.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Jokic just had a MVP caliber season. Westbrook for all the hate he gets is a amazing player and Kyrie for all the sideshow he creates can flat out take over games on regular basis and has shown to be clutch. And yes, taking AD over Giannis is hilarious. Giannis dominated the entire season and put a performance for the ages. When was AD even close to doing that. I get it, Lakers got a star player and you Lakers fans need to hype him up to high heaven. But he has ways to go to be a top 5 player in the league.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Based on some YouTube videos you watched?

His defensive analytics were fine last year. He also averaged 27 8 8 and had the Lakers 4th in the conference before getting hurt.

He still is unquestionably a top 5 player in the league.
Damn I dug deep into this and you right. I guess playing for the Cavs ruined his defensive reputation.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
If you seriously have someone like Kyrie Irving above Anthony Davis, then there's no point in even going on about this with you.
I like you man so I really don’t want to get into it anymore, but it’s not cut and dry as to who is clearly the better player.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I like you man so I really don’t want to get into it anymore, but it’s not cut and dry as to who is clearly the better player.
The feeling is mutual, but I honestly don't see how Kyrie Irving is a better player.

I will give you this: there are very, very few in the league that can take over a game single-handedly with a non-stop assault on offense like Kyrie Irving.

The problem is, his moments are so far apart and spread out that it's impossible for me to have him amongst the upper echelon of NBA superstars.

Reactions: Avs_19

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
AD has higher PPG, more steals, blocks, less turnovers, more rebounds, gets to the line more, better efficiency and a way better defensive player. I am really curious to see what makes Irving that much greater.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I hope this works out for both teams. I liked Ball's movement in NCAA - haven't seen him much with Lakers. I hope he finds his place with the Pels. If Ingram is healthy will he start for the Pels? Is Josh Hart any good?

I really hope the Lakers fill out the team and make some serious runs with AD and Lebron.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

Yeah but he's also 35 in a sport that doesn't see a lot of elite players in their mid 30s. Jordan's last rodeo was at 35. Kobe was out of his prime by 34 for sure. Larry Bird wasn't winning NBA titles in his mid 30s either. Lebron has a ton of mileage, and there's a decent chance that from here on out injuries will become more frequent and more difficult to quickly overcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00