Confirmed Trade: [NJD/TOR] Andreas Johnsson for Joey Anderson

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Dick measuring aside, good trade for both teams.

Devils are getting a decent (if vanilla) forward with the ability to play with better players. In the right situation no one should pre-surprised if he has a 50+ point season, or flirts with 30 goals.

The Leafs move his entire cap hit, and pretty close to full value in a solid prospect that is likely NHL ready and fits their needs to a T. Frankly after the Murray/Nutivaara trades and Johnson waivers I was worried we'd have to give him away, but Anderson is a nice get.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
You’re comparing apples to oranges. If you are the top student in your class of 30 people on average twice throughout your school career which would be about one in seven those are pretty good odds.Go to university in a class of over 300 people and your odds of being at the top of your class is going to drop significantly
There are lots of comparasions between apples and oranges: they are both fruits, both have nutritional values and they have a similar shape. Maybe when you get to university, you can figure it out too! Though in this thread, I have been comparing 13 to 3 and have concluded 13 is the bigger number.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
thats a totally fair situation to use them in!

unless youre comparing the Leafs first 50 to, say, the Devils first 50 (we havent been around for 50 but I digress)
Yes, that was my original point. The Devils haven't been around for 50 years yet. I really wish you had been there from the beginning. It would have saved some valuable time.

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
AJ's a dime a dozen mid-line winger. He'll score 15-25 his whole career, very soft and below average defensively

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Johnsson is worth that much, which is why the Leafs got value back for him.
The post I quoted stated:
AJ's a dime a dozen mid-line winger. He'll score 15-25 his whole career, very soft and below average defensively
That's worth $13.6M over 4 seasons ?

Please note that I absolutely do not agree with CapspaceKiller and that my post was a criticism of his opinion...

I agree with you that he was worth that much.

I will, however, disagree with the "which is why the Leafs got value back for him" part of your post.

NyIander

Feb 18, 2019
The post I quoted stated:

That's worth $13.6M over 4 seasons ?

Please note that I absolutely do not agree with CapspaceKiller and that my post was a criticism of his opinion...

I agree with you that he was worth that much.

I will, however, disagree with the "which is why the Leafs got value back for him" part of your post.

Anderson is a potential top 9 player. How is that not value?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Arguably a better return than Nate Schmidt. This offseason is stupid.
this offseason isn't stupid. it is truly fascinating and it's a challenge for the gm's, as the established values of assets get turned upside down. not every gm (and fan base) seems to get, what's currently going on.
i have learned, that the montreal fans love the moves bergevin has done. i believe he has severely overpaid in almost any move:
- paid to take on the allen contract
- paid for the ufa rights of edmundson and extending him with ntc
- extended petry a year early before the contract numbers started to drop
- overpaid for anderson in trade and contract demands

while the pieces might be the correct ones, i doubt the prices were. he has given away two 3rd and a 5th for the right overload his cap, which had huge space going into the offseason and probably now has to pay even more to unload an unwanted contract (byron). he easily could have gotten a 1 million retention on the allen contract.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
He is an average to good forward with a great attitude. Wasnt going to help the leafs in their current team but the trade was ok given the times. Would have recieved more under different situations. He will do well

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
He is an average to good forward with a great attitude. Wasnt going to help the leafs in their current team but the trade was ok given the times. Would have recieved more under different situations. He will do well
the knife cuts both ways. toronto would have paid more for the ufas signed under different situations.

Reactions: uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad