Rumor: NJD interested in Josh Anderson?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The devils have no reason to take on a contract like that, even if Anderson could fit in. Things are going too well, they’re getting really good value out of some cheap contracts. The success of the team early has been like found money, there isn’t any pressure to make a deal to add more “grit” yet. This summer has a lot of flexibility for the devils and they need to sign bratt long term. They should be targeting a higher skilled winger who can be on their top line, not a middle 6 winger.

Cheap contracts will be a thing of the past in the very near future. Not saying you need to get desperate to trade for Anderson but it's neither a bad contract or a value contract. It's likely fair when it's all said and done.

His career stats are 21 goals and 36 pts but he can put up more if in the right spot and he has multiple gears to his game. It's frustrating cause you prefer him to play at a high level every game but a big body like this that skates well is very valuable for playoff hockey.

Devils haven't made the playoffs in a few seasons. You will change your mind on players like Anderson after this next playoffs. Bookmark it

ranchand

Nov 5, 2022
Even if you ignore the contract, he does not represent an upgrade in any way for this team. We don’t need another Miles Wood that skates north/south and can’t pass for shit. That’s fine on the 4th line, but we don’t want another player like this.
I tend to agree. Anderson can help quite a few teams come playoff time, but Jersey may not be one. He fits better in EDM middle six.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
What's a Tony Marinara? The Devils could certainly use someone like Andersen but someone who doesn't have Andersens contract and his inability to stay healthy.

Reactions: Davegarri

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
What's a Tony Marinara? The Devils could certainly use someone like Andersen but someone who doesn't have Andersens contract and his inability to stay healthy.
People need to stop perpetuating the injury prone myth. He had shoulder surgery in 2020 and missed significant time because of it. Other than that he hasn’t really missed that many games. He’s been pretty healthy since coming to Montreal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

If you think he can't stay healthy, you really are not watching him too much. I wish the Devils luck... getting a power forward who can skate like that and is very effective in the playoffs is not easy. Don't pretend this is readability available.

Cost for middle 6F types is going up. You will find that out with Wood here shortly

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
If you think he can't stay healthy, you really are not watching him too much. I wish the Devils luck... getting a power forward who can skate like that and is very effective in the playoffs is not easy. Don't pretend this is readability available.

Cost for middle 6F types is going up. You will find that out with Wood here shortly

Yes wherever can they find an Anderson? Oh there he is, at the end of your post.

Why pay anderson 8 million next season when you can just give miles wood a few more minutes.

The only people carrying water on this rumor are Habs fans.

Anderson is the new Kerfoot.

"Here! Take him! Please! You're welcome!"

Reactions: HBK27 and Owenay

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes wherever can they find an Anderson? Oh there he is, at the end of your post.

Why pay anderson 8 million next season when you can just give miles wood a few more minutes.

The only people carrying water on this rumor are Habs fans.

Anderson is the new Kerfoot.

"Here! Take him! Please! You're welcome!"

Nah... It's not just the Devils who will call about Anderson. We are only talking about the bad takes into what others are saying about him. Spare us with the exaggeration and spins.

$5.5M in a growing cap for a 20-30 goal guy is not horrible. It's neither a value contract or a bad contract. Reality.

Habs are not really shopping Anderson but you think we are cause we have a huge fan base and we like to talk Hockey. This is a player we would move if the offer is right. If that don't happen, we are glad to be "stuck" with him. It's not Gallagher we are talking about here bud

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Nah... It's not just the Devils who will call about Anderson. We are only talking about the bad takes into what others are saying about him. Spare us with the exaggeration and spins.

$5.5M in a growing cap for a 20-30 goal guy is not horrible. It's neither a value contract or a bad contract. Reality.

Habs are not really shopping Anderson but you think we are cause we have a huge fan base and we like to talk Hockey. This is a player we would move if the offer is right. If that don't happen, we are glad to be "stuck" with him. It's not Gallagher we are talking about here bud
Well my mistake I didn't realize I was talking to Kenny Hughes. Thank you for the insight into your personal conversations.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's called he made it up. About as real as Anderson for 7th OA from the Sens. Anderson has negative to no value.

Anderson won't return a top 10 pick but your exaggeration that he has negative to no value is not accurate. If you have to exaggerate, you don't have a good point. It's neither a value contract or a bad contract. In a growing cap for a player of this type, it's fair. The frustrating part with Anderson is he doesn't bring it every game. But when he does, he is very effective and especially for playoff style hockey.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well my mistake I didn't realize I was talking to Kenny Hughes. Thank you for the insight into your personal conversations.

I'm trying to be fair in this opinion type discussion. Make no mistake, We are getting phone calls about Anderson but it's likely to acquire for cheap while the Habs are only looking to move him if we get an offer we can't refuse.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

i am a dump devils fan. i can't read.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Anderson won't return a top 10 pick but your exaggeration that he has negative to no value is not accurate. If you have to exaggerate, you don't have a good point. It's neither a value contract or a bad contract. In a growing cap for a player of this type, it's fair. The frustrating part with Anderson is he doesn't bring it every game. But when he does, he is very effective and especially for playoff style hockey.
He makes 5.5 million for 5 years it brings him to 34. He ain't getting better hes on pace for 29 points and is at best a 3rd liner on a contender that plays wing.... A 4th liner on Jersey. Sorry he doesn't have value. If he had less term sure but he doesnt. Especially not returning anything remotely close to what TM the biggest homer alive is suggesting.

You are aware that Calgary gave Montreal a first to take Monahan and he only has 1 year left on his deal. Right? They are the same age.

When's he ever been a 20 to 30 goal guy exactly? He has done it once in his career in 10 seasons. He couldn't even pace for it this year playing on the first line which even a donkey could score points on. You're living in a fantasy world.

Reactions: HBK27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He makes 5.5 million for 5 years it brings him to 34. He ain't getting better hes on pace for 29 points and is at best a 3rd liner on a contender that plays wing.... A 4th liner on Jersey. Sorry he doesn't have value. If he had less term sure but he doesnt. Especially not returning anything remotely close to what TM the biggest homer alive is suggesting.

You are aware that Calgary gave Montreal a first to take Monahan and he only has 1 year left on his deal. Right? They are the same age.

I'd have concerns about his decline if he was a poor skater or average skater type. However, that is not the case so I think he ages well. It's basically 20-25 goals and 30-40 pts is what you get but his value in the playoffs is underrated. Whoever trades for him (if there is a trade), will automatically change their tune. Typical HF boards to devalue players in trade talks.

Monahan trade has nothing to do with Anderson's trade value. Habs are not the ones shopping Anderson, teams are calling us. Fans are the ones who make you think the Habs are "desperate" to trade Anderson.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

When's he ever been a 20 to 30 goal guy exactly? He has done it once in his career in 10 seasons. He couldn't even pace for it this year playing on the first line which even a donkey could score points on. You're living in a fantasy world.
I'd have concerns about his decline if he was a poor skater or average skater type. However, that is not the case so I think he ages well. It's basically 20-25 goals and 30-40 pts is what you get but his value in the playoffs is underrated. Whoever trades for him (if there is a trade), will automatically change their tune. Typical HF boards to devalue players in trade talks.

Monahan trade has nothing to do with Anderson's trade value.
No those aren't the numbers he produces talk about spinning! He's actually only ever done what yours suggesting once out of 10 tries and it was 5 seasons ago. He especially won't on a contender because he won't get the ice.

Monahans trade value has absolutely everything to do with it. It's a flat cap. Again absolutely clueless living in a fantasy world. Can't even see the same comparable on your own team. It's incredible.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Anderson has scored 20 goals or more one single time in his 7 full seasons, so lets cool it a bit with the "20-30 goal scorer" talk. If you want to discuss pace that's a totally different conversation, but in terms of things he's actually done he is absolutely not a reliable 20-30 goal guy.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

Will he suddenly learn how to the pass in the playoffs? He hasn’t been very effective in his playoff career so far — he’s the same drag on his team as the regular season.

It’s amazing that if you’re big, you’re automatically viewed as a playoff hero. Even if you stink.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

No those aren't the numbers he produces talk about spinning! He's actually only ever done what yours suggesting once out of 10 tries and it was 5 seasons ago. He especially won't on a contender because he won't get the ice.

Player values are not solely based on points. Especially middle 6F types like Anderson.

But his actual career stats prorated to 82 games are 21 goals and 36 pts and he does have a 27 goal season. Those are facts so my 20-30 goal and 30-40 pts range is fair.

Do you seriously believe that the Habs are not getting any phone calls about Anderson? NHL GM's are not interested and think he sucks like you and other fans on HF boards? Rethink that part bud

Will he suddenly learn how to the pass in the playoffs? He hasn’t been very effective in his playoff career so far — he’s the same drag on his team as the regular season.

It’s amazing that if you’re big, you’re automatically viewed as a playoff hero. Even if you stink.

You probably think he is not effective in the playoffs cause you are stat watching and haven't even watched one playoff game he played.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
You probably think he is not effective in the playoffs cause you are stat watching and haven't even watched one playoff game he played.
I watched much of that fluke cup run. Bad team carried by a goalie. Anderson doesn’t use his teammates effectively. He’s good at skating in a straight line. He’s worth half what he makes, if that.

Reactions: bert

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I watched much of that fluke cup run. Bad team carried by a goalie. Anderson doesn’t use his teammates effectively. He’s good at skating in a straight line. He’s worth half what he makes, if that.

Not a bad team cause Suzuki/Caufield were dynamic and having Danault with a strong top 4D (Weber, Chiarot, Petry, Eddy) in front of Price was a huge factor. Guys like Anderson, Toffoli, and Lehkonen in the mix.

If you think it was all Price, then I really don't trust your opinion on Anderson. Doubt you watched the games but if you did, you didn't watch it well or know as much about hockey like you think you do :laugh:. You don't fluke a cup finals. Those of you who think that are trolls and I know you know better than that.

Rethink this... Habs are getting phone calls from other GM's about Anderson's availability. If you are in denial about that and think you know more than actual GM's, you are foolish

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Power forwards generally don't age well. And Josh Anderson has already been underperforming, is making top 6 money, and signed with a modified NTC through his age 33 season.

Anyone who thinks he has any material value without significant $$$ retention is living in fantasy land.

Reactions: HBK27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Power forwards generally don't age well. And Josh Anderson has already been underperforming, is making top 6 money, and signed with a modified NTC through his age 33 season.

Anyone who thinks he has any material value without significant $$$ retention is living in fantasy land.

Power forwards with poor skating generally don't age well. Skating is the game bud. You know the difference between E Kane and Lucic? Both Power forwards but the major difference is skating

So you do think the Habs are getting zero calls about Anderson. He will be a cap dump and the Habs are desperate to trade him. That's comical.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Player values are not solely based on points. Especially middle 6F types like Anderson.

But his actual career stats prorated to 82 games are 21 goals and 36 pts and he does have a 27 goal season. Those are facts so my 20-30 goal and 30-40 pts range is fair.

Do you seriously believe that the Habs are not getting any phone calls about Anderson? NHL GM's are not interested and think he sucks like you and other fans on HF boards? Rethink that part bud

I am well aware of the physical aspect he brings. He's still a 3rd or 4th liner that's overpaid for 5 seasons. He's only scored 20 goals or more once it was 5 seasons ago. In one post you say he isn't injury prone then the next say he pro rates to score 20 goal when he hasn't done it for half a decade. You're lost.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
It's called he made it up. About as real as Anderson for 7th OA from the Sens. Anderson has negative to no value.
And what's your source...?
It's been reported by many respected reporters that teams were calling asking for Anderson at last TDL and draft. He was also very coveted when we acquired him from Columbus, according to well connected sources. But Bert from HFboards probably knows better :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad