Rumor: NJD interested in Josh Anderson?

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
The devils have no reason to take on a contract like that, even if Anderson could fit in. Things are going too well, they’re getting really good value out of some cheap contracts. The success of the team early has been like found money, there isn’t any pressure to make a deal to add more “grit” yet. This summer has a lot of flexibility for the devils and they need to sign bratt long term. They should be targeting a higher skilled winger who can be on their top line, not a middle 6 winger.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
The devils have no reason to take on a contract like that, even if Anderson could fit in. Things are going too well, they’re getting really good value out of some cheap contracts. The success of the team early has been like found money, there isn’t any pressure to make a deal to add more “grit” yet. This summer has a lot of flexibility for the devils and they need to sign bratt long term. They should be targeting a higher skilled winger who can be on their top line, not a middle 6 winger.
Even if you ignore the contract, he does not represent an upgrade in any way for this team. We don’t need another Miles Wood that skates north/south and can’t pass for shit. That’s fine on the 4th line, but we don’t want another player like this.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Good for you, You can keep him.

I am every other Devils fan has said we didn't want him and I only suggested cap retention as a way for such a trade to look palatable.

You're laughter is misplaced as it should be directed to the OP of this thread.

Hope Anderson works out for the Habs.:thumbu:
Now look what you've done :( You made me agree with @Baksfamous112 :( :(

I almost always disagree with everything he says. When it comes to Josh Anderson, though, he's right and you're wrong.

Anderson has already worked out for the Habs, and he will probably keep working out for them for quite a while.

It's unlikely they would trade him, and unthinkable that they would retain.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Maybe you're right, but the one thing we should never underestimate is how much GM's love players like Anderson. They always have and always will love the stuff he brings, and those type of guys don't grow on trees.

Jarmo didn't want to lose him in the expansion draft and went out of his way to trade with Vegas (giving up Karlsson in the process).

Even after a terrible write-off season with the Jackets, Bergevin gave him a 7 year deal.

I wouldn't necessarily feel overly comfortable about speculating whether the GM wants to stay away from the contract entirely. And if there's a way to make the Habs retain a little bit (without him the Habs are going to be almost 30M below the cap next year only missing a few forwards from a full roster, not counting Price), Anderson's cap hit can be very reasonable for a middle 6 winger as the cap is presumably going up significantly over the duration of his contract.
It’s more to do with his contract , not the type of player he is .Yes I could see the Devils liking his game but there is but nit enough to have to be tired to him for 4 years and his cost. With prospects still coming up , I’d think Fitz holds tight and waits to see if a better fit comes along in a bargain deal. Forz knows the long term plans and adding Anderson doesn’t really fit with that

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
Anderson is staying, he is a fine contract. He will get over 20 goals, hits hard and can skate. You need guys like him to go deep.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
3 Things:

1) I don’t think Anderson fits into this lineup right now. While I think Anderson would be a great element to the Hughes line, Haula is vital to that second line right now as Hughes can’t win faceoffs at a decent clip (meaning at least 47-48%).

2) With that, I think the Devils focus should be on someone who can slot into Haula’s spot on the Hughes line and put Haula at 3C or a 3C. That player to me screams Adam Henrique. I made a post recently about acquiring him.

3) With all of that, even if they acquire someone, who do you take out of the line up? And once Palat comes back, who’s the second guy you take out? I guess it becomes Boqvist and Zetterlund, but you don’t want to mess with the chemistry this season.

Reactions: SpitfireG

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
3 Things:

1) I don’t think Anderson fits into this lineup right now. While I think Anderson would be a great element to the Hughes line, Haula is vital to that second line right now as Hughes can’t win faceoffs at a decent clip (meaning at least 47-48%).

2) With that, I think the Devils focus should be on someone who can slot into Haula’s spot on the Hughes line and put Haula at 3C or a 3C. That player to me screams Adam Henrique. I made a post recently about acquiring him.

3) With all of that, even if they acquire someone, who do you take out of the line up? And once Palat comes back, who’s the second guy you take out? I guess it becomes Boqvist and Zetterlund, but you don’t want to mess with the chemistry this season.

I can speak to Haula’s time in Boston. He was 10000000% more effective as the 3rd best guy on a line with good players than when he was in the bottom six. He was a black hole on offense on the third line and doesn’t bring enough elsewhere to be worth a roster spot. Until he was moved between Hall and Pasta he was as bad as Foligno.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Now look what you've done :( You made me agree with @Baksfamous112 :( :(

I almost always disagree with everything he says. When it comes to Josh Anderson, though, he's right and you're wrong.

Anderson has already worked out for the Habs, and he will probably keep working out for them for quite a while.

It's unlikely they would trade him, and unthinkable that they would retain.

Am I dreaming? What is happening?! 😛

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Did we just become friends?
We would have to wait and see if you're done trashing the Leafs at every opportunity first. As Xi said to Trudeau, we would have to "create the conditions."

I never reciprocate by trashing the Habs, which is a franchise I deeply respect and admire, along with the vast majority of their fans.

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
We would have to wait and see if you're done trashing the Leafs at every opportunity first. As Xi said to Trudeau, we would have to "create the conditions."

I never reciprocate by trashing the Habs, which is a franchise I deeply respect and admire, along with the vast majority of their fans.
We started a new dynastie in my pool with a bunch (16) of friends and I picked Matthews 3rd overall (behind McDavid and Draisaitl) and over MacKinnon. I also managed to pick Nylander in the 4th round. I am very critical of how the Leafs/Dubas managed their window - and for good reasons I think - but that never meant I didn’t mean I thought your star players were trash.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
I can speak to Haula’s time in Boston. He was 10000000% more effective as the 3rd best guy on a line with good players than when he was in the bottom six. He was a black hole on offense on the third line and doesn’t bring enough elsewhere to be worth a roster spot. Until he was moved between Hall and Pasta he was as bad as Foligno.
I agree with this.

The talk with him coming here is that he’s not an offense driver, which is fine by me, everyone has their roles and he has fit in great playing with Hughes. Haula has been doing the little things and winning faceoffs which has been huge for Hughes and Bratt’s possession numbers.

But I do think ultimately the Devils need a 3C and not a winger which is why the Devils shouldn’t be going after Anderson. I think Adam Henrique would fit nicely between Sharangovich and Zetterlund, and ultimately, Mercer goes back to 3RW once Palat comes back.

Tatar-Hischier-Palat
Haula-Hughes-Bratt
Sharangovich-Henrique-Mercer
Wood-McLeod-Bastian
Boqvist-Zetterlund (extras)

Reactions: wintersej

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Former TSN reporter now on TVA (French sportsnet) doesn't break news often but he definitely has connections
Marinaro was never a reporter. More like a blowhard radio host who went rogue and was asked to leave the station he was working at. He’s more of a soccer guy. He does not have a track record of highly reliable sources. We’ll see if anything comes of this but would be surprised.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Very little interest in the player, negative interest in the contract.

Fitzgerald sniffs around everywhere but never pulls the trigger unless he gets a bargain price. There's no bargain price for Josh Anderson. This deal makes zero sense.

NJ have no cap space this year unless they send equal salary back, plus they are getting Palat back at the deadline. So why is Fitz giving up assets for a Miles Wood clone who has one of the worst contracts in the league?

Reactions: StevensRocks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad