Rumor: NJD interested in Josh Anderson?

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
12 pages on a guy we might have been interested in 6 months ago. Some guy named italian spaghetti sauce pops off and everyone runs with it? Give it a break already!

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
12 pages on a guy we might have been interested in 6 months ago. Some guy named italian spaghetti sauce pops off and everyone runs with it? Give it a break already!
Marinaro is well-known in Montreal media, so this isn't a random post.

"A well-known media figure suggests a trade destination for a highly-regarded asset from a rebuilding team" is always going to be a solid start to a thread (even if fans of the destination team don't see an obvious fit).

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

If you don't like it, don't fuel it. Telling others to stop on the internet is a waste of your energy. Well, would you look at that, we just bumped it to the top of the trade thread again. :laugh:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Marinaro is well-known in Montreal media, so this isn't a random post.

"A well-known media figure suggests a trade destination for a highly-regarded asset from a rebuilding team" is always going to be a solid start to a thread (even if fans of the destination team don't see an obvious fit).
“Highly-regarded”. Well, not by NJ people. Nothing about the decisions the Devils have made in recent years suggest we want this player at that number.

QC4TheWin

Mar 4, 2011
How could a general manager want a player who proves nothing from year to year apart from a good season? Anderson is not a good hockey player and I believe the Devils should NEVER go after him. They have much better players in their organization than Josh Andreson

Reactions: Hisch13r

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
He has nailed a few things when it comes to The Habs. (less so since Patches was traded but w/e)

He isn't a random guy on the internet.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Okay so random hf poster vs hockey reporters (not Marinaro), hmmmm who should we listen too. Let's review the records from the past 12 months:

Lehkone, Chiarot Kulak

Hf said worth basically nothing maybe a 2nd for the best return of all of them

In reality the combined return:

Unprotected 202e 1st, 2 x 2nds, good prospect, b prospect, 3rd.

Seems like we aren't the delusional ones when are going off what's literally being reported.
obviously the ones, who get instrumentalized by teams.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm trying to be fair in this opinion type discussion. Make no mistake, We are getting phone calls about Anderson but it's likely to acquire for cheap while the Habs are only looking to move him if we get an offer we can't refuse.
Crazy that you are posting on HF boards but negotiating deals for Anderson at the same time.

Reactions: minibrodeur

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Anderson has never hit 30.gpals before. We could use some size and grit in our top 6 but Anderson isn't really pushing anyone out of our top 6. I doubt we are interested and I hope we aren't.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Crazy that you are posting on HF boards but negotiating deals for Anderson at the same time.
Fans following media reports can have a pretty good idea of what their team is likely to be doing.

What exactly our team is targeting as a return ? Who knows. But it doesn't appear to be a fire sale, for sure.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Fans following media reports can have a pretty good idea of what their team is likely to be doing.

What exactly our team is targeting as a return ? Who knows. But it doesn't appear to be a fire sale, for sure.
If you think what Tony Marinaro is saying is remotely accurate to whats going on in real time go for it. Habs fans also told me they would turn on the GM and that 'it would be a bad idea if they didnt draft Wright because thats what the fanbase wants'. Swing and a miss on that one. Slaf was clearly the better prospect. The sense of entitlement is beyond for your fanbase.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Josh Anderson was traded for Max Domi and 3rd round pick.

Since the trade his production has declined and he has an ugly $5.5m contract for 5 more years

I don't see any scenario that shows Anderson value has increased since the trade. In fact it has got worse due to the albatross contract that Bergevin gave him.

Montreal fans are delusional to suggest he returns a top prospect or first round pick and some stupidly suggesting both.
Best case scenario that Montreal recoups the 3rd round pick they paid for him and get the salary off their books.

Reactions: bert and Billdo

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You're out of bounce now with your focusing on a poster. Just shows you can't handle a disagreement and then go on attack mode. Classic
You're talking like you're in the room. That these fictitious offers are coming in. That's not attacking that's pointing out how absurd your argument is. Once proven that the player has no value you claimed that you were literally negotiating on the deals.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You're talking like you're in the room. That these fictitious offers are coming in. That's not attacking that's pointing out how absurd your argument is. Once proven that the player has no value you claimed that you were literally negotiating on the deals.

I'm talking like I'm in the room? :laugh:

It's proven the player has no value? :laugh:

The only proof we got is you can't handle a difference of opinion. I think you need to take a break and go talk to Ernie

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Okay so random hf poster vs hockey reporters (not Marinaro), hmmmm who should we listen too. Let's review the records from the past 12 months:

Lehkone, Chiarot Kulak

Hf said worth basically nothing maybe a 2nd for the best return of all of them

In reality the combined return:

Unprotected 202e 1st, 2 x 2nds, good prospect, b prospect, 3rd.

Seems like we aren't the delusional ones when are going off what's literally being reported.
No one said the bolded... How do you not see the difference here? That was at the trade deadline and they were all on expiring contracts..... Flat cap, 5 year contract that expires when the player is 34 and he is on the decline..... Wild stuff!!!!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm talking like I'm in the room? :laugh:

It's proven the player has no value? :laugh:

The only proof we got is you can't handle a difference of opinion. I think you need to take a break and go talk to Ernie
It's not a difference of opinion you're willfully ignoring data and common sense. Exhibit A
I'm trying to be fair in this opinion type discussion. Make no mistake, We are getting phone calls about Anderson but it's likely to acquire for cheap while the Habs are only looking to move him if we get an offer we can't refuse.

Reactions: Devils731

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's not a difference of opinion you're willfully ignoring data and common sense. Exhibit A

They are my opinions that you don't agree with. Get back to the hockey topic now Bert. Focusing on a poster is against the rules and for good reason. Trying to give you advice here

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Anderson is a train that gets the puck from point A to point B in a straight line, but you need a taxi to pick up the passenger at the station to make it work, or else it stays there.

Anderson would fit in a team that has a hard time getting past the blue line in control of the puck, but who are not very good at beating a system that holds the blue line by having a successful dump and chase approach. He would be especially useful if those players are east-west and can hold onto the puck once in the other zone. I think he is mid 6 and only on the 2nd line if he has chemistry with a talented player because of the above. He has no creativity whatsoever.

I think he has value, but it has gone down since last year, when i thought he would need an overpayment to pry him from us.

1669815362629.png

Having said that, i don't think it is delusional to expect a 1st rounder or equivalent. If traded, he would go to a team that has identified a lack that Anderson may fill for them in the playoffs, so that first will be in the later half of the round. He does play better in the offseason and teams typically like to add size to their team (especially when it skates like Anderson), even if only for support roles. On top of that, everything costs more at the TDL; I dont think a 1st is far-fetched at all.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Anderson is a train that gets the puck from point A to point B in a straight line, but you need a taxi to pick up the passenger at the station to make it work, or else it stays there.

Anderson would fit in a team that has a hard time getting past the blue line in control of the puck, but who are not very good at beating a system that holds the blue line by having a successful dump and chase approach. He would be especially useful if those players are east-west and can hold onto the puck once in the other zone. I think he is mid 6 and only on the 2nd line if he has chemistry with a talented player because of the above. He has no creativity whatsoever.

I think he has value, but it has gone down since last year, when i thought he would need an overpayment to pry him from us.

View attachment 614997
Having said that, i don't think it is delusional to expect a 1st rounder or equivalent. If traded, he would go to a team that has identified a lack that Anderson may fill for them in the playoffs, so that first will be in the later half of the round. He does play better in the offseason and teams typically like to add size to their team (especially when it skates like Anderson), even if only for support roles. On top of that, everything costs more at the TDL; I dont think a 1st is far-fetched at all.
TDL is mostly for expiring contracts, not when there is 4 more years.
Domi and a 3rd happened on his last year of a 1.8 mil deal.

Bergevin signed him 2 days later to that 5.5 7yrs.
Since the trade Domi outproduced Anderson 77 to 63. This season Domi is doubling Josh on a 1yr 3 mil deal.

i totally get why you want to trade Josh but got to be real here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad