Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Patrick Maroon for J.D. Dudek, 2019 3rd round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I like these moves by Jersey. Bringing in Grabner and Maroon means they didn't lose anything major, but still improved their team by a pretty significant amount.

This is as much as you can do to help out a team that's likely not going to go far in the playoffs anyway.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I like these moves by Jersey. Bringing in Grabner and Maroon means they didn't lose anything major, but still improved their team by a pretty significant amount.

This is as much as you can do to help out a team that's likely not going to go far in the playoffs anyway.

Maroon had played a significant amount of time away from McDavid this season and the Oilers PP has been a disaster and it's no fault of Maroon's.

He still has 14 goals and 16 assists so far. My opinion, NJ got a steal of a deal. If Patty had spent the whole season beside McDavid those stats would have been ballooned much more.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Honestly, he has decent hands, but his speed, shot, and decision making are all below average. His hockey IQ is highly questionable.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
How did Chia f*** this up?

You must know people were lining up to pay a 2nd for patty or something?

I for one, was expecting a second minimum.

AS soon as I heard it was to the Devils, I knew it wasn't the case.

If Maroon re-signs in Edmonton, I'll be happy, but at the same time I definitely expected more, especially with how the market went today.

That being said, I'm looking forward to watching the Devils even more with Hall and Maroon on the team. I hate the deal as an Oilers fan. Chiarelli should have gotten more, but of course, he didn't.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018

If Maroon re-signs in Edmonton, I'll be happy, but at the same time I definitely expected more, especially with how the market went today.

That being said, I'm looking forward to watching the Devils even more with Hall and Maroon on the team. I hate the deal as an Oilers fan. Chiarelli should have gotten more, but of course, he didn't.
Again, you have absolutely no idea what the market was for patty.

Based on the other trades that happened today there was no way the Oilers were getting a 2nd for Maroon

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Anyone claiming he will come back...that NEVER happens. The Oilers direction is to get faster. Spending 3-4M on Maroon doesn't fix that.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Look at the returns for Vanek and Kane
Both are far better players..so their returns are adequate.

If we got a remotely better prospect and a lower draft pick my opinion would change. I guess it all depends on what this numb nuts does with all the 3rd rounders we have now as he's said he plans on moving picks for real bodies etc..

I pray that as soon as the season finally against Vancouver, Chiarelli is removed. This team longs for someone that isn't (excuse my language) Pejorative Slured as the GM.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I knew Chia-turd was going to fu*k this up.

I like the return we got for Letestu and Davidson though.

The reality what the return was going to be was pretty much right around what NJ paid for him. As Oilers fans we expected much more considering we watch him night in night out and the dirt cheap cap hit for a man who has 30 points.

A big factor could be the past reports he'd like to go play for St. Louis making a extension not possible.

Now that Hall has settled in nicely and having a big year, would have been nice if Ray Shero sprinkled a little sugar on top of the Maroon deal.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Anyone claiming he will come back...that NEVER happens. The Oilers direction is to get faster. Spending 3-4M on Maroon doesn't fix that.

This, he’s a fan favorite, and would probably want to come back to play with Mcdavid. But we have an unmoveable 6M dollar version of him in Lucic, no room to pay him for the same role

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016

If hall played center i would like maroon on his wing but he doesnt

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Hall - Hischier - Palmieri
Wood - Zacha - Bratt
Maroon - Zajac - Grabner
Coleman - Boyle - Stafford

Greene - Vatanen
Moore - Severson
Butcher - Lovejoy

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017

So if he was not offered more, should the Oilers have just kept him the rest of the season?

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Isn't worth what? A prospect we weren't going to sign and a 3rd next year? Seems exactly like what the Oilers gave for him if anything.

Isn't worth much more than a 3rd. I'm sure if ANY other team in the entire league offered a 2nd the Oilers would have taken it

Oilers traded a fourth and Martin Gernat for him (and the Ducks retained salary) now they move him for a 3rd right before he's a UFA. I don't see any reason to criticize this trade from either teams perspective. Oilers are out of the playoffs and Maroon is a UFA. The Devils are looking to get stronger for their playoff push.

I say good deal for both sides, but on HFboards someone has to be the "loser"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad