Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Patrick Maroon for J.D. Dudek, 2019 3rd round

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Dudek is one of our worst prospects. After some of the trades today. I am happy with the Devils decisions. Kept our 1st and added depth scoring/grit. Schneider returning will be a big boost.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm disappointed it's Dudek, but considering he's a Boston product I'd like to assume Keith Gretzky or Chiarelli have an idea of what type of player he is. From this perspective, it's hard to see him even getting a contract.

In terms of value though, I wasn't expecting much more than a 2nd rounder.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
You Oilers fans need to figure out what dirt Shero has on Chiarelli. Wow.

Devils forwards once healthy:

Hall-Hischier-Maroon
Grabner-Zacha-Palmieri
Johansson-Zajac-Bratt
Wood-Boyle-Coleman/Gibson/Stafford

devsfan4life

Aug 13, 2007
FL
EDM fans what can you tell us about Maroon? Seems like a guy who gets a good amount of goals in close proximity to the net. Well liked by you guys?

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
Based on the precedents set by wingers today, Maroon should have gotten a 1st at least and/or a much much better prospect. How the hell can Chiarelli not get *even remotely* a similar return to Rick Nash. What a joke.

And sure, he may not be worth that but today was a massive sellers market. Chia failed to use this to his favour.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
EDM fans what can you tell us about Maroon? Seems like a guy who gets a good amount of goals in close proximity to the net. Well liked by you guys?

He nothing until he started playing with McDavid . Real likeable guy tho . NJD just got slower however Maroon is smart enough to still be in the right places , Nice shot , Goes to the front of the net

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Based on the precedents set by wingers today, Maroon should have gotten a 1st at least and/or a much much better prospect. How the hell can Chiarelli not get *even remotely* a similar return to Rick Nash. What a joke.

And sure, he may not be worth that but today was a massive sellers market. Chia failed to use this to his favour.

Never was Maroon going to get a 1st . This speculation started out on HF Oilers . He is not that valuable . See his numbers before he played with McDavid ? GM's aren't dumb enough to pay base on last years production . Also Nash is a far far better player at both ends of the rink

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You Oilers fans need to figure out what dirt Shero has on Chiarelli. Wow.

Devils forwards once healthy:

Hall-Hischier-Maroon
Grabner-Zacha-Palmieri
Johansson-Zajac-Bratt
Wood-Boyle-Coleman/Gibson/Stafford

Maroon is a LW--never seen him play the right side. Good on the cycle, good physicality and will drop the gloves when needed. Scores a lot of garbage goals in front of the net but is incredibly streaky offensively.

Shero dunked Chia again lol

Not really. Realistically we were probably looking at a 2nd round pick. I'm personally disappointed we didn't get an NHL-ready warm body like Aberg. But the third can be parlayed at the draft if the right deal comes along, I guess.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Maroon is a bottom 6 player that looks like more than that because he clicked with McDavid.

Fan favorite in Edmonton and I'll miss the guy but he's not going to change your world. Team guy that plays a greasy game but comes with an inconsistent effort level and skates in mud.

Should be a nice depth add for New Jersey, price considered.

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Shero dunked Chia again lol

How so do you think Chia waited until he got the lowest offer ? Everyone knew he was available and I am sure the teams with interest made their offers . Chia was trying to sign him over the last few weeks and his demands were too much . He a product of McDavid . Before he played with McDavid he was a 3rd line plug . Plus he could resign with the Oilers if he really wants to be there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad