Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Patrick Maroon for J.D. Dudek, 2019 3rd round

Status
Not open for further replies.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
He’ll provide that, he also has good hands and goes to the right areas, can play with skill and not look out of place
its a solid pickup. problem with edm is they are too slow minus a few players. NJ has the speed, they need grit and net presence which he does well. great hands also for a big guy

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Maroon will be good for NJ..
only thing is that he does not play RW... he is strictly a LWer.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Underwhelming return. Dudek looks like nothing - has worse numbers at 22 than McPhee and Rasanen, 19 year old Oiler prospects also playing for Boston College.

Thought we’d at least get a 2nd but that went dead in the water when Kane only returned a 2nd (with impossible conditions) and a nothing prospects.

Devils fans, Maroon will thrill you at times and piss you off no end at others. Talented but wildly inconsistent.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Maroon will be good for NJ..
only thing is that he does not play RW... he is strictly a LWer.

That's fine.

Should be able to find a spot playing a grind-it-out game on the third or fourth line with Zajac or Boyle. Likely plays the net front role on the first PP as well.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Maroon will be good for you guys especially with the talent you have up front. He was definitely a product of McDavid but they meshed well and will be sad to see him go. If he finds chemistry with your top 2 lines, he will be a steal. As per usual, Chia didn't get a whole lot according to what I'm seeing here.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
That is some seriously terrible value for a player who scored 27G last season.

LOL people bash Draisaitl saying he the produce of McDavid . Yet Maroon who been a 3rd line plug gets 27 goals playing with the best player on the planet and he worth a boat load . We go fair value for him

Reactions: ManitobaKid

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Anyone bashing this trade needs to see Maroon interview . He said he would circle back to the Oilers in the off season . So a 3rd for a few months lone and 4 or 5 playoff games ...Yes I see NJD going out fast

Pretty much every player says the same thing as a rental player when they're traded. "Yeah of course I'll circle back, I love this city"

It means nothing, its just a player trying to avoid answering tougher questions if he says "Nope, I 'm outtie".

Of course he'll circle back, if the Oilers beat the other offers that his agent wrangles up.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
You Oilers fans need to figure out what dirt Shero has on Chiarelli. Wow.

Devils forwards once healthy:

Hall-Hischier-Maroon
Grabner-Zacha-Palmieri
Johansson-Zajac-Bratt
Wood-Boyle-Coleman/Gibson/Stafford

20 games of Maroon just isnt worth that much. The Oilers got him for a throw away prospect and a 4th. I don't think Chia did bad here

983 others

Aug 26, 2009
Anyone bashing this trade needs to see Maroon interview . He said he would circle back to the Oilers in the off season . So a 3rd for a few months lone and 4 or 5 playoff games ...Yes I see NJD going out fast

Oilers using their virtually nonexistant cap flexibility on Maroon? Not something I’d be bragging about.

Reactions: Cubs2024WSChamps

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
That's fine.

Should be able to find a spot playing a grind-it-out game on the third or fourth line with Zajac or Boyle. Likely plays the net front role on the first PP as well.

Maroon and Boyle on the same line? Enjoy never leaving your own zone, those guys will get buried by a speedy forecheck.

I always maintained Maroon was worth a 3rd, maybe a 2nd if teams got desperate enough and there was a bidding war, but he did us no favours with his play the last month.

Good hands for a big guy, tough and will go to the dirty areas. Can lay a big hit and will drop the gloves. Those are the positives. The negatives are that he will take dumb penalties and is lazy on the back check.

Won’t surprise me if he gets healthy scratched at some point during the playoffs because of those aforementioned negatives.

Reactions: McSuper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad