Nintendo Switch #3: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Eh - I already have Link’s Awakening DX on my 3DS.

If it’s a substantial remake (the way Metroid: Samus Returns was a re-imagining of Metroid 2) then I’m potentially interested.

But if it’s just a port of the original game with upgraded graphics, I’ll pass. Don’t need to re-buy a game I already have.
I am betting it will be more like A Link Between Worlds (A Link to the Past).

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Almost everything shown yesterday caters directly to my taste, so I am overwhelmingly excited for the next year

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
llxi4mlzhig21.png

Almost everything shown yesterday caters directly to my taste, so I am overwhelmingly excited for the next year

Yeah this one was a big hit for my personal tastes. Luigi's Mansion would have put it over the top but what we got is great.

Anybody else play Tetris 99 yet? It is very addicting. My highest finish so far has been 6th place.

Last edited:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Yeah this one was a big hit for my personal tastes. Luigi's Mansion would have put it over the top but what we got is great.

Anybody else play Tetris 99 yet? It is very addicting. My highest finish so far has been 6th place.

I haven't played it but my buddy has finished 1st 4 times so far and says it is extremely addicting

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Kind of miffed they didn't announced better NES/SNES online stuff but I have a LOT to look forward to this summer and fall.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I haven't played it but my buddy has finished 1st 4 times so far and says it is extremely addicting
llxi4mlzhig21.png

I played 6 rounds of it last night before I went to bed. The highest I got was 3rd, but yeah it's pretty addicting and I've had a blast with it.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm super hyped and surprised that not only are they porting Rune Factory 4 to the switch, but are making a sequel. I'm actually playing RF4 on my 3DS right now. I'd totally be down to buy the port if it has added features. And the promise of a new game after like 6 or 7 years is great news. There's always Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons farming games, and there's always dungeon crawling Zelda/Secret of Mana type action RPGs, but there's not enough games out there that marry the concepts.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I'm super hyped and surprised that not only are they porting Rune Factory 4 to the switch, but are making a sequel. I'm actually playing RF4 on my 3DS right now. I'd totally be down to buy the port if it has added features. And the promise of a new game after like 6 or 7 years is great news. There's always Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons farming games, and there's always dungeon crawling Zelda/Secret of Mana type action RPGs, but there's not enough games out there that marry the concepts.
I have never been able to play a Rune Factory game yet, and the fact that 4 is coming to the Switch excites me quite a bit. Really hoping that it's a sooner 2019 release rather than a later 2019 one.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I wish that there was a bit more to do in the farming and town-based stuff (there's no incentive to do things like grow different crops or craft foods or items out of the stuff you harvest for the most part. You're usually better off with fields full of whatever crop you can sell for the most and just enough materials to make your spouse/child's favorite foods. So I have a barn full of monsters I never do anything with and a shelf full of seeds that I'll rarely ever grow because it's more cost-efficient to just harvest jillions of cabbages and make the 'fried veggies' dish out of them.) but it's nice that the game never railroads you into doing one thing or the other. You can dick around on your farm for a long time without touching the main quest if you want, or you can power through the dungeon crawling story without ever working your fields.

The other thing they need to fix is random quest triggers. Nothing is more frustrating than needing a particular quest and wasting months of in-game time hoping it'll show up. Especially when you've satisfied the criteria for it to show up

I hope they can fix that stuff in the port and/or the sequel.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Anyone know of a better deal on a switch then the bundle they put in place today - System + 35 estore credit?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So got around to watch the Fire Emblem Three Houses trailer..... DAMN that looks awesome. Right up my alley. Sadly, my little girl is to be born a few weeks before that so... fat chance I'll get any time to play it when it releases lol

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
So got around to watch the Fire Emblem Three Houses trailer..... DAMN that looks awesome. Right up my alley. Sadly, my little girl is to be born a few weeks before that so... fat chance I'll get any time to play it when it releases lol

why? It's not like you're going to be wasting time sleeping or anything. You'll be awake at all sorts of strange hours.

And congrats! :)

Reactions: sa cyred

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
why? It's not like you're going to be wasting time sleeping or anything. You'll be awake at all sorts of strange hours.

And congrats! :)
Thanks! And love that is true! First one so gonna hit me like a train.

But already planning for her to play video games. Even the wife accepts that ;)

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Going to buy Hollow Knight today. I never heard of the game until I saw the trailer for the new one in development. Metroidvania games are some of my favorites (i.e. Ori and the Blind Forest). I cant wait to get into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad