Nintendo Switch #3: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
So im going to buy a switch today or tomorrow and want to get a couple games. There looks to be two or three mario games out right now, I want one thats more traditional side scroller like SMB1,2,3...would that be Super Mario Bros U in this generation?

SMB U is actually a previous generation game.

It’s a Wii U game that got ported to Switch.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They specifically announced additional info on Fire Emblem Three Houses so I'm very invested in this. It's pretty much been my most anticipated Switch game since it was announced including games that have already come out.

Also a Square Enix creator retweeted the news of the direct twice so I'm willing to bet more details on the FF ports are coming. But I'd prefer to hear that the KH collection is being ported to Switch.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I've been anticipating this. Today I get to find out if I'm selling my Switch

This is so strange to me. If your financial margins for buying videogames are so tight why are you buying new consoles at all?

Also that just doesn't sound fun. Constantly worrying about what is coming out next is a sure fire way to keep yourself from enjoying what it is out now.

Reactions: Turin and S E P H

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
They specifically announced additional info on Fire Emblem Three Houses so I'm very invested in this. It's pretty much been my most anticipated Switch game since it was announced including games that have already come out.

Also a Square Enix creator retweeted the news of the direct twice so I'm willing to bet more details on the FF ports are coming. But I'd prefer to hear that the KH collection is being ported to Switch.

I swear I saw a Switch commercial last night that showed FF7 being played.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011

I saw a rumor about Fire Emblem having been delayed until September. Hopefully that is wrong.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This is so strange to me. If your financial margins for buying videogames are so tight why are you buying new consoles at all?

Also that just doesn't sound fun. Constantly worrying about what is coming out next is a sure fire way to keep yourself from enjoying what it is out now.

Has nothing to do with budget. I haven't played my Switch in a while and if I don't see anything exciting for 2019, I'll just sell it. Why let it gather dust when I could recoup some of the money and allow someone else to enjoy it.

I did the same thing with my PS4 after RDR2: there is nothing I care about that is coming out on PS4 in 2019 so I sold it. I have a PC so the only thing I'll miss out on is The Last of Us Part 2 but that's fine by me, I don't need to play everything that comes out.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Has nothing to do with budget. I haven't played my Switch in a while and if I don't see anything exciting for 2019, I'll just sell it. Why let it gather dust when I could recoup some of the money and allow someone else to enjoy it.

I did the same thing with my PS4 after RDR2: there is nothing I care about that is coming out on PS4 in 2019 so I sold it. I have a PC so the only thing I'll miss out on is The Last of Us Part 2 but that's fine by me, I don't need to play everything that comes out.

But you buy every console. o_O

I don't need to play everything that comes out which is why I don't own an XBox and why I didn't buy a PS4 until just this past September.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
But you buy every console. o_O

I don't need to play everything that comes out which is why I don't own an XBox and why I didn't buy a PS4 until just this past September.

I'm not sure what to tell you. If I have an expensive piece of hardware that I have enjoyed and barely use anymore, I'll sell it.

Back in my younger days I did re-buy a few PS2s and 3s but that's about it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The amount of people on /r/NintendoSwitch who seem to think a KH3 port is possible is really quite staggering.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
God what an underwhelming direct. Fire Emblem delayed, no Joker gameplay or Smash news, no looks at Animal Crossing or LM3, seriously what the f***.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Haha. Funny i have a big time opposite reaction. I loved that Direct!

Mario Maker 2 and we get it in JUNE!

Yoshi demo available today.

Captain Toad DLC (free 2P mode is amazing)

Links Awakening. I peed my pants.

Edit:

Port Link Between Worlds you cowards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad