Nintendo Switch #3: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Unsure how well it has aged. That game is slooooowwwwww.

Definitely my favourite of the 3D Final Fantasy games but that was.... 19 years ago:cry:
I’ve got a long weekend of solitude coming up, so I’m kind of looking for a slow burn game to tide me over. Plus I haven’t played a 3D FF game in quite some time, and I got this random itch a few days ago to play through a JRPG.

I’m glad to hear you liked it, though. I really did not enjoy FFX at all, so I’m hoping there isn’t too much of that game in IX. I was 8 years old when IX came out, so I completely missed the boat on playing through it when it was popular to do so.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Aside from having a character named Cid and chocobos, there's not much in common between IX and X. Getting spells and abilities are different, they are tied to weapons and armor and you'll learn them when you get the right amount of AP after battles, so there's no Sphere Grid. Setting is better, characters are better, story is better...I can't think of much that X does better, aside from graphics, but even then, IX has some great CGI sequences.

Reactions: Steve Varlamov

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I've had my switch for a week and I've yet to use it in the dock. I ran into an issue last night when it tried updating the youtube app, the screen just went off and I couldnt turn it back on. I held down the power button for 30 seconds after reading an article online and it finally turned back on...is this normal?

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Aside from having a character named Cid and chocobos, there's not much in common between IX and X. Getting spells and abilities are different, they are tied to weapons and armor and you'll learn them when you get the right amount of AP after battles, so there's no Sphere Grid. Setting is better, characters are better, story is better...I can't think of much that X does better, aside from graphics, but even then, IX has some great CGI sequences.
The characters and story were my main point of contention with regards to X, so if IX is better on those fronts then I have to assume I’ll enjoy it.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Interesting, I really enjoyed FFX. Everything, the story, the sphere grid, the battle system, the blitzball, the characters... One of my fave games.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I've had my switch for a week and I've yet to use it in the dock. I ran into an issue last night when it tried updating the youtube app, the screen just went off and I couldnt turn it back on. I held down the power button for 30 seconds after reading an article online and it finally turned back on...is this normal?
I don't believe so. I've never had this happen to me.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Interesting, I really enjoyed FFX. Everything, the story, the sphere grid, the battle system, the blitzball, the characters... One of my fave games.
Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. My favorite FF is still VI, followed by Tactics and then probably IV. I guess I didn’t care for the jump to 3D once the games hit the PS2 generation of consoles.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
So our bodies can never be Reggie again? :(

I'm really sad about this, Reggie has done so much for Nintendo. I will miss his presence. All the best.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Okay I'm about to finish Octopath (finally), what is the next long haul game I should tackle for the switch. I have played Odyssey and Zelda at this point as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad