Nintendo Switch #3: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Tetris 99 is a blast. I haven't won yet, but I've had about 3-4 3rd place finishes so far.
Going to download the Yoshi Crafted World demo and give it a shot. I've never really played a Yoshi game before, and depending on how I like the demo, I may snag this.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
My first kid is due any day now. I get a good chunk of paid time off work (yay Canada!) so I'm hoping I can get through a few games when she's asleep. I don't sleep much to begin with, my wife is the one who will probably have a tougher time with that, so I don't mind being awake in the middle of the night.

Started Octopoth finally, man I don't know why I waited so long. This is a great, classic RPG like the ones I loved as a kid.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Also enjoying Tetris 99, great for quick little bursts of gaming. Best I've done is 7th twice. I have had a few games going really well and I accidentally double tap up and hard drop something I did not want.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Haven't played it, but my wife has dabbled a bit with Tetris 99. But if I know anything about Tetris it's that there are some people that are unfathomably and astonishingly good at Tetris. I fully expect that I could sink a hundred hours into it and never get a chicken dinner.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Tetris99 is addicting.

Also I had no interest in the Yoshi game but after playing the demo, I might get it day 1. It's a fun game.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Sadly Tetris 99 is not enough incentive for me to spring for Nintendo Online. If they start at least bringing in SNES games to the offerings then I'll think about it. The only games I ever really feel like playing online are the ones that don't require N.Online. I'm over Mario Kart at this point.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I've played six games of Tetris 99 so far. I've gotten as high as 6th. Ugh.

Edit: The players remaining alert is so distracting. I've gotten into the top 10 twice so far.

Last edited:

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Yeah, Tetris 99 is really fun. I've mostly gotten the hang of it, getting 2nd a couple times... but each game clearly has like 3 or 4 people who actually know what they're doing and they just run rampant. Considering I've probably played fewer than 5 hours total of Tetris over my entire life prior to this game, I am not one of those people and most likely never will be.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
It's fun, but every third or fourth game I inexplicably get piled on right away with row after row after row grayed out within mere second of starting. I fully recognize that some Tetris players are lightyears ahead of me, and you can get attacked by multiple people at once, but even accounting for those factors it's still inane and there's really no conceivable explanation for how someone could get something like 8-12 rows stacked on you within ten seconds of starting the game, and it happened at least four times to me in my sole sitting playing the game.

More annoying than anything.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
It's fun, but every third or fourth game I inexplicably get piled on right away with row after row after row grayed out within mere second of starting. I fully recognize that some Tetris players are lightyears ahead of me, and you can get attacked by multiple people at once, but even accounting for those factors it's still inane and there's really no conceivable explanation for how someone could get something like 8-12 rows stacked on you within ten seconds of starting the game, and it happened at least four times to me in my sole sitting playing the game.

More annoying than anything.

Yeah I have been getting murdered this way. An immediate pile on. No idea how it keeps happening. I have just been getting crushed the last couple days. I've been lucky to crack the top 50.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I saw this video from some pro Tetris players and it seems what they do is build a huge stack and then use those t-spins to clear multiple lines at once using T blocks or other shapes. The t-spins apparently count for double, so a triple makes 6 lines appear for someone else. I haven't really figured this out.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Tetris 99 is pretty awesome! I'm pretty surprised I enjoy playing the game in split joy-con mode.
I hope they add the ability for custom controls in the future. I think I want to map quick-drop to the right trigger button instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad