Confirmed with Link: Nils Lundkvist Requests Trade

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
That's how a GM should operate. These guys need to realize there is no emergency escape plan. The only option is to EARN a spot with the big club.

Ya, if you're under contract, that means you're under team control. Agents are trying to force organizations into yielding but Drury doesn't have to out wait Nils' 2 remaining ELC years, he just has to out wait Claude Lemieux just like they out waited Vitali's old agent before he switched to Milstein.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ

Newsday requires a subscription but you can quickly skim in the article.

Lemieux said Lundkvist is in Sweden and he will not report to training camp.
Lundkvist's attitude and the way he's handling his situation vs. Jones' attitude and the way he's handling his situation.

That spot on LD is Jones' to lose at this point.

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019
seriously though, lowering his client's value to the bottom so the new team will be left unscathed is such a shit tactic.
All due respect to those players that make good agents/GMs/etc., but what exactly are lemieux’s credentials for advising anybody about…well…anything? Look, maybe he put in the work and earned an Executive MBA from Wharton’s, but getting a semi-GED on a bus while shuttling between Sherbrooke and Chicoutimi doesn’t impress me much. So far, his advice and negotiating skills are about what would expect from a guy that has this on his wiki page: ”They are the only father-son duo to be punished by the NHL for biting other players.”

At this point, I could give two shits about this player and his career, but for pure entertainment, it will be interesting to see where this drama goes…

Reactions: DialUp

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
As an aside, just because Zac Jones is saying athlete cliches to the press NOW doesnt make what Amazing Kreiderman reported wrong and it was pretty f***ed up he got questioned on it and mocked when he didnt need to share that publicly.

Keep doin you, King.

This.

I even doubt the validity of the info, but I don’t doubt that AK heard what he heard. He isn’t in the business of making shit up and anyone who has been here long enough should know that.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
As an aside, just because Zac Jones is saying athlete cliches to the press NOW doesnt make what Amazing Kreiderman reported wrong and it was pretty f***ed up he got questioned on it and mocked when he didnt need to share that publicly.

Keep doin you, King.
Can you link AK report, I missed it. Thanks

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I think it is clear that Claude Lemiuex has been the problem staring at us the whole time. His son should have never messed around with Max Domi's sister, and now we are paying the price.
100%. I'd put any of his clients on a "do not draft" list. His behavior is very unbecoming and very unprofessional.

BTW, toll the contract. Nils is in breach of it if he doesn't report for a mandatory training camp.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Also a big LOL to him requesting a trade after he was sent down.

Bobrov did a hell of a job before being fired. Andersson, Lundkvist, maybe Kravtsov turns into something. Somebody should leave a bag of burning dog shit on Bobrov’s doorstep. The Rangers need to do a better job scouting these soft mental midgets. Oh that’s right, are they the same scouts who recently said they liked Vesey’s game? I left out the Euro part but maybe there’s something there about the mentality compared to North American prospects. Good riddance Suckvist.

They are not.

Plus pro scouts and amateur scouts have always been different.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If NYR decide to hold onto him then, a loan is probably the best option. His value will do nothing but plummet further sitting at home.

Reactions: Off Sides

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Fans are loyal to their teams. The players are generally not. Lundkvist is looking for the quickest path to an NHL salary, with the team that drafted him or not.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
If NYR decide to hold onto him then, a loan is probably the best option. His value will do nothing but plummet further sitting at home.
I feel like they need to make an example out of one of these kids. If they want to hold out, let them sit at home and miss a season. Enough is enough. They shouldn't placate these brats. Lundkvist has an opportunity to compete for a spot on a Stanley Cup contender. He should gamble on himself and compete. If he loses then talk to management and ask to be loaned.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Fans are loyal to their teams. The players are generally not. Lundkvist is looking for the quickest path to an NHL salary, with the team that drafted him or not.
I am totally fine with a guy asking for a trade because he thinks he needs a better opportunity elsewhere. I always talk about the limited window guys have to make it and what that means for them.

Holding out doesn't make sense to me, especially with Drury running the show. Drury won't just trade him to trade him. Lundkvist could really hurt himself here. A season in Sweden does nothing for him developmentally. If he's not playing in the NHL, he should be playing in the AHL, and sooner or later he'll either find himself traded or in our lineup. But he really should show up and play. The holdout really benefits no one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad