Confirmed with Link: Nils Lundkvist Requests Trade

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Well that is extremely disappointing, not that he is going to get traded, but the fact we are going to likely get well under his value because Drury didn’t recognize sooner that there was no spot for him on the team. 50% of our proposals included him because we knew he was a good prospect, but we really didnt have room for him with so many good young players ahead of him. He had good value, not as much now that GMs know we are panicking to trade him.

Also, lets not assume it’s true too fast. Remember Brooks said we signed Vesey? Someone may be feeding Brooks fake news lately.

Last edited:

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Also, lets not assume it’s true too fast. Remember Brooks said we signed Vesey? Someone may be feeding Brooks fake news lately.
They're in a holdout that has the hockey world at a stand still, he's going to sign they're just working out the financials. They might also be waiting to build suspense, they might announce it right on opening night by saying "and number 26, Jimmy Vesey!" and he skates out as the MSG crowd goes wild.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Could have easily flipped him at the upcoming deadline for some good rental players ala Barron. These players or their agents need to start keeping these things on the downlow. Or is the Rangers front office a leaky ship?

Reactions: Slaydagnar

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Makes sense. He is probably good enough to be in an NHL lineup, but our D happens to be both good and young. Hopefully we get a worthwhile prospect or pick for him. Dallas? LA? Vancouver? Arizona?

EDIT: I will say though, it is not often a player in their first year in NA that gets a really good amount of games at the NHL level decides they want out in the second year. Like, its not like he didnt get time. He got a bunch of time. More than he probably should have. Should have traded him at the draft.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Could have easily flipped him at the upcoming deadline for some good rental players ala Barron. These players or their agents need to start keeping these things on the downlow. Or is the Rangers front office a leaky ship?

It's not the FO.

I'm a but surprised that he wants the trade NOW. As others have said, its not like he went with out NHL time last year (by winning a spot he didn't deserve.) You figure it would have been in his best interest to compete to win his job back (as much of an uphill battle as that may have been) and then quietly make the request if he didn't.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Montreal W Gorton
A deal w Nils and Mysak as key pieces could be win-win

Or some Canucks posts talk of moving Hoglander, and need for RHD. That Nils aint a C, but a well round W w similar age, pedigree

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
A deal w Nils and Mysak as key pieces could be win-win

Or some Canucks posts talk of moving Hoglander, and need for RHD. That Nils aint a C, but a well round W w similar age, pedigree

I friggin love Hoglander.

I'm not so sure that he's going to be a great player or even a good one, but hes a ton of fun. I'd 100% be in favor of this move but I don't know that Vancouver would.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Well that is extremely disappointing, not that he is going to get traded, but the fact we are going to likely get well under his value because Drury didn’t recognize sooner that there was no spot for him on the team. 50% of our proposals included him because we knew he was a good prospect, but we really didnt have room for him with so many good young players ahead of him. He had good value, not as much now that GMs know we are panicking to trade him.
What is more alarming, the organization has repeated the same mistake over and over again. TDA, Kravtsov, you could argue Georgiev although Drury made out like a bandit in that trade... Just poor asset managment.

On the other hand, the team and Kravtsov have reconciled so maybe that can happen with Lundkvist as well? If he wants to rather play in Sweden than Hartford this year, let him.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I don't get how this keeps happening. There has to be something rotten in our post-draft development "system." Other teams don't seem to have this happen with anywhere near this frequency.

I don't know if these guys are being given unrealistic timelines and expectations, if the Hartford organization is just a miserable place to be, or it's something else.

We can't seem to keep high-end prospects in Hartford for more than a single season before they ask out. It's ridiculous. Other teams don't seem to have this problem as often as we do.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't get how this keeps happening. There has to be something rotten in our post-draft development "system." Other teams don't seem to have this happen with anywhere near this frequency.

I don't know if these guys are being given unrealistic timelines and expectations, if the Hartford organization is just a miserable place to be, or it's something else.

We can't seem to keep high-end prospects in Hartford for more than a single season before they ask out. It's ridiculous. Other teams don't seem to have this problem as often as we do.

Nik Bobrov saw entitlement as a redeeming quality?

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford

Lundkvist got beat out by Schneider and sees there's no spot for him. Team did nothing wrong here imo

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Unreal another one (albeit some of us expected this with Nils). I wonder if it is more common among non-North American players...Maybe guys from Europe and Russia expect bigger and better things when they come over having played in professional leagues and don't have the desire to be stuck in Hartford for 2-3 years?

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
I just looked at Montreal's depth chart and future picks. I mean, I don't see them moving any young players that would fit our C depth needs. I doubt they move Mysak who is really the only player they might in some crazy universe move.

The player I most see getting moved would be Christian Dvorak. They'd have to retain money. And it would likely mean we'd also be moving Chytil or some other 2m+ player --- which is a trade off I don't like.

The other option with Montreal, which is also less ideal, but it's something I could see MTL being interested in, is them trading us a pick or two for Nils. Remember, it was Gorton who gave u 2 2nds for Fox. He could see this as a similar type move. They have a 2nd 1st rounder from FLA in 2023 which would likely be a pick at the end of the round 1. They also own their own 2nd rounder which is likely to be in the top 40 overall in a deep draft. It's not a great deal for us as we'd likely want to bring in a young forward instead. But it may be a good fall back. Either MTLs 2nd in 2023 + say another 3rd or 4th round pick. Or that late first rounder from FLA and maybe a very modest sweetener.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Good for him.

Edit: pretty concerning but I forgot to finish my thought here..

Good for him meaning He can request anything you wants but no reason to try them yet..

Never take less assets

Last edited:
Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad