Confirmed with Link: Nils Lundkvist Requests Trade

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Is it tho? I know I'd want to set my new team up as best I can. Plus of all fanbases we have the least room to complain with all the talent we got in guys like erixon, hayes, vesey and fox. Guys who tanked their value so we could get em cheap.
well, turned out I was completely wrong about our return for him.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I think he sees the organization prefers Schneider and he's not wrong in that. The Rangers love Schneider's size and potential to be a solid defensive guy who can move the puck effectively as well.

I think he's reading the situation correctly. He'd have had to come in and wow the Rangers in order to be the preferred player at the available position at this point.

As for holding onto him too long...I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers have been listening on offers for him for awhile but his play at the start of last season and play in the AHL is far more likely to have been what has tanked his trade value than anything about him asking out. I like Lundkvist and wouldn't be surprised if he goes on to have a good NHL career, but even considering it isn't easy to transition to the NHL and north american style game, his stretch here and the AHL didn't do him any favors in the trade value department.
Still won the Nash trade, Nils getting us something good would have been nothing but gravy.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nils was spoon-fed 21 minutes tonight and didn’t really impress. We won the trade!!!!!!
Nils I think will be okay for Dallas. I think it’s a referendum for how this team should be scouting their early picks though. Nils is one of those master of none guys and when he got to the NHL, he didn’t really have a calling card to keep him in the line up. He’s well rounded but not special anywhere. I think in this NHL era you need to be picking players that have at least one athletic NHL level that you know will keep them in the league, especially usable 5 on 5. I’m kind of sick of these players that do everything decent but don’t have anything elite traits. Especially not earlier in the draft.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Just bringing this one back to marinate a little longer.
Lol.

I disagree with him a lot, but, I gotta say I don’t think most of us expected that kind of return.

Drury has somehow managed to turn Georgiev + Nils and into:

[2022: 3rd]
[2022: 5th]
[2023: 3rd]

[2023: 1st]* (Top-10 protected)
[2025: 4th]

That’s impressive. Makes you wonder how he f***ed up the Buch trade so badly.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
As an aside, just because Zac Jones is saying athlete cliches to the press NOW doesnt make what Amazing Kreiderman reported wrong and it was pretty f***ed up he got questioned on it and mocked when he didnt need to share that publicly.

Keep doin you, King.

Yeah, just a quick response to this. The reactions to that were basically what made me decide to take a step back. And yes, I think Edge has dealt with this in the past as well. If that's the response I get to things I hear, I will just decide to not share it anymore.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Yeah, just a quick response to this. The reactions to that were basically what made me decide to take a step back. And yes, I think Edge has dealt with this in the past as well. If that's the response I get to things I hear, I will just decide to not share it anymore.
Personally, I wasn't questioning your integrity, nor was I meaning to offend you by not taking your info on face value. It just didn't seem accurate give the way this kid has handled himself. Maybe the teammate had a bone to pick or Jones was just venting on a bad day like 22 year old kids do.

Either way you shouldn't take it personally. You just deliver the information, you can't control how people are going to react to it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Personally, I wasn't questioning your integrity, nor was I meaning to offend you by not taking your info on face value. It just didn't seem accurate give the way this kid has handled himself. Maybe the teammate had a bone to pick or Jones was just venting on a bad day like 22 year old kids do.

Either way you shouldn't take it personally. You just deliver the information, you can't control how people are going to react to it.

Yeah, and that's why I decided to step back for a bit. It's been 6 weeks, and it's like a pot on the stove. If you don't take it off once in a while, it'll boil over. And I feel that would have done a lot more damage to some of the relationships I have built here over the years.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Lol.

I disagree with him a lot, but, I gotta say I don’t think most of us expected that kind of return.

Drury has somehow managed to turn Georgiev + Nils and into:

[2022: 3rd]
[2022: 5th]
[2023: 3rd]

[2023: 1st]* (Top-10 protected)
[2025: 4th]

That’s impressive. Makes you wonder how he f***ed up the Buch trade so badly.
I hate the Buch trade as much as the next guy, but with how competent Drury has proven to be since, I can only conclude that the return we saw is almost solely driven by the contract he got. The cap skews player values dramatically.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
I hate the Buch trade as much as the next guy, but with how competent Drury has proven to be since, I can only conclude that the return we saw is almost solely driven by the contract he got. The cap skews player values dramatically.
Also it was his first off-season as an NHL GM and I'm sure he was dealing with immediate mandates from Dolan and Slats to make the team "tougher". Rookie mistakes abound to happen for him.

Reactions: egelband

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
It is not impossible but its hard to see how we could have another almost $6 mill contract on the wing. If Buch was a center that would have worked but on the wing with Bread (11mil), Kreider(6.5 mill), Laf and Kakko on the wings I do not know that we would have the cap room.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
It is not impossible but its hard to see how we could have another almost $6 mill contract on the wing. If Buch was a center that would have worked but on the wing with Bread (11mil), Kreider(6.5 mill), Laf and Kakko on the wings I do not know that we would have the cap room.
One could complain last year. Not this year. There’s just no cap space this year and they would have had to unload a core player to make Buch work.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I’m happy with the first rounder we got in return but I can’t help but notice how much Nils is not sucking in Dallas like a few posters on here said he did.
He rubbed Panarin off the puck behind the net when Panarin seemingly had leverage, not easy to do and showed some solid strength. He showed nothing like that last year for us. Some guys put in the off season work and develop, good for Nils though I hope we made the right decision keeping Jones.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I’m happy with the first rounder we got in return but I can’t help but notice how much Nils is not sucking in Dallas like a few posters on here said he did.

He’s gotten his ass handed to him 5v5 and has negative effects on almost every half decent player on the team.

A few phantom points doesn’t change that.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
He rubbed Panarin off the puck behind the net when Panarin seemingly had leverage, not easy to do and showed some solid strength. He showed nothing like that last year for us. Some guys put in the off season work and develop, good for Nils though I hope we made the right decision keeping Jones.
He’s developing. The stats said he was even with Schneider. If you excuse the handful of glaring gaffes he made, which he was a rookie so you should have, it was obvious he had what it takes.

One of them had to go though so, I will live with the return.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
The decisions never was or never will be Nils vs Jones it was Nils vs Schneider

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't even really think there was a "decision" to be made.

The guy got sent down after looking pretty blah, and the reports were it was at that time he asked for a trade. He then doubled down on that in the off-season by saying he wouldn't report to camp, and still wanted a trade.

What's the decision to be made? The guy wanted out. You don't move out Schneider to create a spot for a guy who has asked for a trade. That's not a realistic scenario.

Lundkvist is gone because of Lundkvist. Literally nothing else to it.

I don't particularly care at this point, we got a good return, but it's funny because almost like with Kravtsov, I do believe he would have been given a shot this season sooner rather than later. The team has shown a willingness to sit Jones, I don't think they're totally committed to him or anything. If Lundkvist looked good in preseason he may have found a spot for himself, even on his off side or whatever. I get it though, he wanted a guarantee that we just couldn't (and shouldn't) have given him.

Good luck to him I guess.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Yeah, and that's why I decided to step back for a bit. It's been 6 weeks, and it's like a pot on the stove. If you don't take it off once in a while, it'll boil over. And I feel that would have done a lot more damage to some of the relationships I have built here over the years.
I'm just glad you're back. You and Edge are my two favorite posters here.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Nemeth, kreider, hunt, carp, Reaves, goodrow. That's a looooot of cap we should've chosen to allocate to buch instead. Like we could've kept ck and buch. But then don't bring in Reaves and goodrow and nemeth.

Yea, the last szn mightve seen a few min contracts w really struggling guys but to me it's like, we were supposedly coming out of a rebuild still, that's part of the deal. Then next szn we get an extra 4 m in buyouts off the books so we could go for depth next szn. Another szn or two later and some nmcs become ltcs.

Last szn and this szn we would've eaten a little shit in the bottom line/bottom pair to keep buch.

Considering how dog shit our bottom pair/bottom 6 is anyway, we flat out f***ed up

Last edited by a moderator:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Nemeth, kreider, hunt, carp, Reaves, goodrow. That's a looooot of cap we should've chosen to allocate to buch instead. Like we could've kept ck and buch. But then don't bring in Reaves and goodrow and nemeth.

Yea, the last szn mightve seen a few min contracts w really struggling guys but to me it's like, we were supposedly coming out of a rebuild still, that's part of the deal. Then next szn we get an extra 4 m in buyouts off the books so we could go for depth next szn. Another szn or two later and some nmcs become ltcs.

Last szn and this szn we would've eaten a little shit in the bottom line/bottom pair to keep buch.

Considering how dog shit our bottom pair/bottom 6 is anyway, we flat out f***ed up
It was probably something like Buch or Kreider and I’m happy they chose Kreider, really. Nothing against Buch. I hope that once things settle down for Kravtsov he can develop into a Buch type player. I know that sounds far-fetched now but they’re actually pretty similar in terms of skill-set. And Buch went through growing pains too. Not to the degree VK has, but I hope we can take a long view with VK.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00