Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part III

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
It's looking like Seider is going to beat Lundkvist's record from last year. 24 points in 31 games so far. I don't know many games he has left though.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Okay, so he probably won't break the record, but it's still very impressive. He was the guy I really wanted in 2019, but that was before we traded for Trouba and Fox, and before we won the lottery.

Yeah, Seider was a HUGE surprise when the Red Wings picked him but in hindsight it was definitely the right call.

I was in the building and everyone gasped when the name was announced. A lot of lists had him in the late teens, early 20s

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Yeah, Seider was a HUGE surprise when the Red Wings picked him but in hindsight it was definitely the right call.

I was in the building and everyone gasped when the name was announced. A lot of lists had him in the late teens, early 20s

Him and his mom were in total shock:laugh:
10099950-0BCA-41CF-B9A8-256617C1AB3E.png

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, that was the original projection, but it was pretty obvious that he was a going to be a riser. I didn't think he'd go at 6, but top 10 wouldn't have surprised me.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
It's looking like Seider is going to beat Lundkvist's record from last year. 24 points in 31 games so far. I don't know many games he has left though.

He’s a big boy. Was hoping he slipped to the Rangers.

edit - so many picks/prospects. Before the lottery win. Then was hoping the Rangers traded back into the first for him.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon

jumps out of seat!

Seider is out with a shoulder injury

sits back down

Him and his mom were in total shock:laugh:

Bro, I was in shock!

One of my all time favourite draft moments. He's gonna be the guy German hockey missed most. Stud #1 defenseman.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I would expect Lundkvist to be pretty decent defensively when he finally comes over and he's been growing as an offensive player. That one timer blast has become a huge part of his game. That's an NHL shot. Of the unsigned he's my No. 1 Rangers prospect--after which comes Schneider and Jones. Excluding Lafreniere and Miller he is absolutely in our top 3 prospects overall. His game has grown ever since we drafted him.

Reactions: Makar27 and Cag29

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
2021-22
Miller-Fox
Hajek/Reunanen-Trouba
Lindgren-Lundkvist

2022-23
Miller-Fox
Lindgren-Lundkvist
Jones-Trouba

Why is Lindgren on the bottom pair next season over Hahek/Reunanen? Play style? And why is everyone itching to put Miller and Fox together but has no problem separating Panarin and Mika? Is spreading the wealth on defense not as important as spreading the wealth on offense?

Reactions: kovazub94

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Why is Lindgren on the bottom pair next season over Hahek/Reunanen? Play style? And why is everyone itching to put Miller and Fox together but has no problem separating Panarin and Mika? Is spreading the wealth on defense not as important as spreading the wealth on offense?
I agree. I see no reason to break up the Miller-Trouba and Lindgren-Fox pairings. Both are developing chemistry quite nicely. Specifically to the Miller-Trouba pairing, we finally found a partner that works well with Trouba and people want to just blow that up lol.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I agree. I see no reason to break up the Miller-Trouba and Lindgren-Fox pairings. Both are developing chemistry quite nicely. Specifically to the Miller-Trouba pairing, we finally found a partner that works well with Trouba and people want to just blow that up lol.

its bc miller will be rated an 87 and lindgren only an 83. So miller must go on 1st defense pairing. Otherwise miller will complain to coach and u must try to pursuade.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

To me, this is the best way to have balance on all 3 pairings. Balance between offense and defense, balance between physicality and skating.

If I made a depth chart, I would have specified haha

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I imagine the thinking is to not put two rookies together. If Hajek can develop this season (technically still a rookie?) then Hajek-Lundkvist could be viable.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Because when something works really well you have to mess with it, don’t ya know that?? Miller is obviously helping Trouba’s game, and trouba is providing good experience to miller on how to be a pro. Leave these pairs alone for god sakes. In the future a Miller-Schneider pair could be devastating for the opponent, Fox and Lindgren can play with anyone, If Robertson turns into a reliable shut down D like Young Staal before the injuries the rangers are going to have an excellent deep 6. Add in Lundkvist and maybe Jones/Skinner whew. With shesty cleaning up the mistakes, That is a D core that wins goalies Vezina trophies.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad