2021-22
Miller-Fox
Hajek/Reunanen-Trouba
Lindgren-Lundkvist

2022-23
Miller-Fox
Lindgren-Lundkvist
Jones-Trouba
I know that you do not want to hear this AK, but I am just not getting the feeling that Gorton & JD are building this team with 3 smallish puck moving defensemen being in the line up at the same time.

I believe that there is a reason they looked to draft Schneider and that, providing he does not fall on his face and is a bust, that he will be a part of the future. I also don't believe that Trouba is going anywhere. So the math can be done from there.

Again, clearly I have no crystal ball. Just reading the tea leaves as they are.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I know that you do not want to hear this AK, but I am just not getting the feeling that Gorton & JD are building this team with 3 smallish puck moving defensemen being in the line up at the same time.

I believe that there is a reason they looked to draft Schneider and that, providing he does not fall on his face and is a bust, that he will be a part of the future. I also don't believe that Trouba is going anywhere. So the math can be done from there.

Again, clearly I have no crystal ball. Just reading the tea leaves as they are.

Forget 3, even 2 is pushing it.

I don't think that they'll carry 2 on the same side either. Unless you're running with Fox and a clone of Fox.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I mean last year they had both Tony and Fox and planned to have that this year before Tony's shenanigans

I should rephrase.

I can't see them carrying 2 sub 6 foot D on the same side when they're ready to win the whole thing.

I'm not saying that it can't be done, someone will break the trend eventually (maybe it'll even be us) but it sure doesn't look like they're going to be the ones to attempt to buck that trend.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I should rephrase.

I can't see them carrying 2 sub 6 foot D on the same side when they're ready to win the whole thing.

I'm not saying that it can't be done, someone will break the trend eventually (maybe it'll even be us) but it sure doesn't look like they're going to be the ones to attempt to buck that trend.
Barring an outside acquisition, I continue to stick with:

Miller-Trouba
Robertson-Fox
Jones-Schneider

As the long-term outlook.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Forget 3, even 2 is pushing it.

I don't think that they'll carry 2 on the same side either. Unless you're running with Fox and a clone of Fox.
My thinking exactly. I know people do not want to hear it as it could well mean that Lundqvist is used as an asset to bring another asset.

Reactions: Ruggs225

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think Robertson and Jones both have higher ceilings. Plus they balance out the pairings more.
Sure they have a higher ceiling, but Lingren has the much more surer floor. And I do not think that Robertson's offensive game is all that. Though I could be incorrect. Anyway, my view of the future of the defense has one distinct difference than my esteemed colleague BRF put forth.

Miller - Trouba
Lindgren - Fox
Robertson - Schneider

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
So update me is Nike coming over by years end ?

Here

We should post this as an announcement somewhere but:

Nils Lundkvist is contracted to both Luleå and the Swedish ice hockey federation as he is a national team player.

The SHL play offs end mid-May, but the international hockey calendar runs through to mid-June. With the NHL in full swing around the time of the World Championships, Lundkvist is a serious candidate to make the Swedish national team.

If that's the case, he will be playing hockey until mid-June and under contract until June 30th. For Lundkvist to move to NA before that, he would have to be released by both club and country.

I got this information from the PR manager of Luleå who I talk to regularly.

Reactions: Vitto79

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Barring an outside acquisition, I continue to stick with:

Miller-Trouba
Robertson-Fox
Jones-Schneider

As the long-term outlook.
I think both Lindgren and Lundquist will have something to say about this. I think they keep the best six without regard to what side they play on or their size.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think both Lindgren and Lundquist will have something to say about this. I think they keep the best six without regard to what side they play on or their size.
There is regarding players as individuals and how they play, and then there is evaluating players how they do as a starting 6. This is where I just do not see two smallish puck movers on the same side.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Rangers are not winning much if Trouba is on their top pair even if he were Chara's size.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If the guys with size stink, then I'd go with the smaller guys who do not stink, if that is how this turns out.
I get it. Except Trouba does not stink.

And that still does not change the fact that I do not see Gorton and JD building a defense replete with small puck movers.

Reactions: Ruggs225

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
94ec6924-148a-4238-9e2c-0942f85994b6-e1613041726448.jpg

He is on first pairing. Game starts 19.00

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad