Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part III

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
They probably had the best D corps in NHL history in the 90s.
5 of 6 hall of famers? Murphy has an insane career stat line and a history of fitting in with some of the best offensive players ever. The main thing i remember was him just looking so slow.

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
When can Trouba be moved per his contract? I like him but if all the kids are as good as we hope, he might be the odd man out based on age and salary.
Lindgren Fox
Miller - Lundkvist
Robertson-Schneider

Jones-Reunan

All homegrown on affordable deals Pretty ridiculous if they all make it at the NHL level,

Reactions: CasusBelli

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
These are great problems to have. I think it will come down to what management wants in that #3RHD spot. Schneider and Lundkvist play different games although both defensively responsible. Do you want that physical aspect for the PK and in general or do you want the puck mover? Also, it may come down to who the winner will be partnered with. If the #3 LHD is Hajek, management may want the physical presence back there. If it is Brendan Smith or someone like him, they may want the versatility and puck moving skills that Lundkvist brings. All very interesting. This all assumes that Miller isn't #3 LHD which would change the entire calculation because he is big and can skate and move the puck.
Barring his game going to hell, I would think that Miller has found a home with Trouba. Then Lindgren - Fox, of course. And then the fun begins. I also think that Smith will still be here. Does he go back and reprise his 4th line wing roll, while being able to jump back in on D during in-game emergencies?

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
When can Trouba be moved per his contract? I like him but if all the kids are as good as we hope, he might be the odd man out based on age and salary.
Lindgren Fox
Miller - Lundkvist
Robertson-Schneider

Jones-Reunan

All homegrown on affordable deals Pretty ridiculous if they all make it at the NHL level,

CLAUSE DETAILS: 2024-25: Player submits a 15 team no trade list; 2025-26: Player submits a 12 team no trade list

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Lindgren Fox
Miller - Lundkvist
Robertson-Schneider

Jones-Reunan

This is the part of the rebuild I'm excited about so far. Really can't wait to see what Lundkvist, and Schneider can do at the NHL level, and longer term for Jones and Robertson.

It's one of the reasons why I've noted that if things work out NYR dont have an obligation to extend Lindgren well into his 30's.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Lindgren Fox
Miller - Lundkvist
Robertson-Schneider

Jones-Reunan

Please stop.

Trouba is going nowhere.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
These are great problems to have. I think it will come down to what management wants in that #3RHD spot. Schneider and Lundkvist play different games although both defensively responsible. Do you want that physical aspect for the PK and in general or do you want the puck mover? Also, it may come down to who the winner will be partnered with. If the #3 LHD is Hajek, management may want the physical presence back there. If it is Brendan Smith or someone like him, they may want the versatility and puck moving skills that Lundkvist brings. All very interesting. This all assumes that Miller isn't #3 LHD which would change the entire calculation because he is big and can skate and move the puck.
I’ve found Hajek to be fairly physical- at least more than I had expected. If anything I’d probably pair him with an offensive guy. Not a heavy leaning either way, tho.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Trouba has been our 2nd best defenseman this season behind Fox. If he plays the way he has been since last year's deadline, he will be tradeable

Yeah, he only has to keep it up for 3 more years, which I'm doubtful about. And even then I can't see any team taking the full 8 million.

On the other side, defensemen develop differently. The problem may very well solve itself.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Please stop.

Trouba is going nowhere.
Trouba being moved is extremely reasonable considering potential decline and his cap hit during the last 2-3 years of his deal. He's not exactly living up to that contract even now. It's not that he sucks btw. It's just the reality of where his game is likely headed plus the reality of cap management plus our current D prospects.

He COULD end up staying, sure. There's no guarantee we develop all these D prospects. Theres no guarantee he suffers a significant decline.

But Its silly to talk down to someone for asking about that.

In fact, forget silly, when re-reading what that guy wrote your reaction is flat out ridiculous. He said he likes trouba and specifically mentioned him aging in a few years as a key reason why he's asking about it now.

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Is the writing on the wall for him? He is a massive trading chip... or do they think he can play the left side?

I'm sure the coaching staff is hyped for all the righties

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Is the writing on the wall for him? He is a massive trading chip... or do they think he can play the left side?

well I’d say the feeling is Lundkvist is ready but Schneider will need AHL time

if Eichel comes to NYR one could go but that’s a big IF

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

We can dress 3RD and only currently have two with ADA on the way out, so I don't see how his handedness is a barrier.

Schneider and Skinner are at best a ways away.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We can dress 3RD and only currently have two with ADA on the way out, so I don't see how his handedness is a barrier.

Schneider and Skinner are at best a ways away.
I'm talking future wise. Next season or three

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

Do you think we actually have a shot at Eichel? I wouldn't trade Lundkvist (as part of a package) for any other player.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Do you think we actually have a shot at Eichel? I wouldn't trade Lundkvist (as part of a package) for any other player.
With this market, I would not pay “fair” value.

If it’s Strome, Buch, Lundkvist and a 1st, I’d consider it.

I’d first explore a “hockey trade” of NHL ready prospects, if possible.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
With this market, I would not pay “fair” value.

If it’s Strome, Buch, Lundkvist and a 1st, I’d consider it.

I’d first explore a “hockey trade” of NHL ready prospects, if possible.

I do that trade any day. I doubt they trade him to us without Kakko or Fox though.

I guess one of LA's centers is a good target.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad