Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
ADA is a bumbling idiot defensively at times. He also proved he's a greedy tool with contracts. I can only imagine what the dope is asking for this time.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I dunno. Larry seems to branch off more and more into questionable conjecture each year.

That Vince guy seems to be pulling the best information from the team at the moment.
I agree and am probably projecting but I get the...sense... that Vince puts in a lot of legwork that, maybe, Brooks would consider lowly. Like, I think Vince does a ton of fan recon and chases down Rangers personnel for feedback on - what Brooks might consider - minutia.
Brooks is kind of a “big picture” guy. And maybe he considers his opinion to be a selling point.
If I’m a casual fan, maybe Brooks is more satisfying. but obviously fans like we are, we will gravitate toward Mercogliano.

Taken together these two form kind of a yin-yang thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: kovazub94

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
:rolleyes:

Would he have more stature in your eyes if he followed around the family members of prospects for fun pictures and cute stories?

The hate he gets from amateur hacks and other random twitter types is beyond the pale.

He was a really good writer until a few years ago. But the last 2-3 years, his articles are just awful.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Brooks has been terrible for years now. He's washed up. He doesn't do any research and you can tell he sits on his butt all day and doesn't put the work in. His ideas are terrible for building a team.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Not the first time he does this from that position, having to adjust his body. It's a difficult shot

Yup, that's a very serious re-direction. There are tips deflections and one timers and then there are re-directions. Re-directing a pass at that speed and getting enough firmness on your blade to redirect at an 80 degree angle is really impressive.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Not the first time he does this from that position, having to adjust his body. It's a difficult shot

Did you see the game? Curious to know if this was a PP goal or ES. If it was even strength, very interesting to note how low NL is here esp in a tie game.

Also, one thing I've noticed is most of NL's goals are important goals. They're not garbage goals. They often in tie or one-goal game moments. That's honestly one of the most exciting aspects of his game for me. He seems to rise to the occasion.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Did you see the game? Curious to know if this was a PP goal or ES. If it was even strength, very interesting to note how low NL is here esp in a tie game.

Also, one thing I've noticed is most of NL's goals are important goals. They're not garbage goals. They often in tie or one-goal game moments. That's honestly one of the most exciting aspects of his game for me. He seems to rise to the occasion.

It was at even strength and 25 seconds afer HV71 scored to make it 4-2. Lundkvist's goal turned out to be the GWG, with HV71 scoring twice in the 3rd period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad