Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
In my head I call him Niles, because Nils reminds me of Nils Ekman and I'm still salty about us giving him away.

First thing that came to mind:

Niles_Crane.jpg

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I definitely see him signing his ELC but a Sellgren-scenario is not unlikely where he goes back to Luleå if he doesn't make the team.

Probably depends on how (truly) close he’s from one end of the spectrum and desire to avoid Kravtsov-like scenario at the other.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
any chance Rangers try to bring back Robin Kovacs, or is he never coming back to North America. he is only 22 and plays on the same team as Lundkvist

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
any chance Rangers try to bring back Robin Kovacs, or is he never coming back to North America. he is only 22 and plays on the same team as Lundkvist

Kovacs, as good as he is, still have off ice problems that caused the contract termination in the first place. He was caused an deadly accident, lost his driver's license, was then caught driving without a license.

Kovacs will never see a minute in the NHL

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He's not our property anymore, so anyone can sign him. I guess you can't ever say there is zero chance, but it seems really unlikely at this point. As I understand it he hasn't even cleaned up his act.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He's not our property anymore, so anyone can sign him. I guess you can't ever say there is zero chance, but it seems really unlikely at this point. As I understand it he hasn't even cleaned up his act.

As recent as January he had problems off the ice.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Kovacs, as good as he is, still have off ice problems that caused the contract termination in the first place. He was caused an deadly accident, lost his driver's license, was then caught driving without a license.

Kovacs will never see a minute in the NHL

Wasn't that incident after he was released by the Rangers?

In any case they clearly saw there were some legitimate off ice issues

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Wasn't that incident after he was released by the Rangers?

In any case they clearly saw there were some legitimate off ice issues
The deadly racing incident was while he was under contract. I don't know if anything else happened while he was contracted with us.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
I don't think they deal Lundkvist. As I stated I think they hope DeAngelo has a big offensive season and put him in a package for a big time young talent. I would not be surprised to see him packaged with Kravtsov. I wold love to see then go for Cody Glass. I think you will see that kind of deal somewhere before next season. I know the Rangers liked Cozens a lot. Buffalo once again is falling apart now. DeAngelo and Kravtsov for Cozens and a 1st possibly.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
What does the SEL do with situations like this? I would hope a long suspension.

Kovacs has serious issues.
I would guess less than what would happen over here. We in America are (rightfully so) always concerned about image, role models for kids etc. and I feel Europe is much less concerned with that and therefore is more apt to give a slap on the wrist to a high-income, excellent tax producer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad