Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Is it just me or does it seem like Lundkvist is really good at keeping the puck from sailing high on his one-timers? idk, maybe it's just the replays we're seeing instead of the ones we're not, but that kind of hard, low shot is excellent at creating juicy rebounds, which NHL scorers are going to be able to thrive on

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Is it just me or does it seem like Lundkvist is really good at keeping the puck from sailing high on his one-timers? idk, maybe it's just the replays we're seeing instead of the ones we're not, but that kind of hard, low shot is excellent at creating juicy rebounds, which NHL scorers are going to be able to thrive on

Lundkvist has a very good location control of he puck either off his slapper, half shot or wrister , period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leetch3

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
He's a stud prospect. Said it many times. It is a disgrace he isn't ranked in the top 10 prospect wise by every scouting service. Makes DeAngelo totally expendable.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
He's a stud prospect. Said it many times. It is a disgrace he isn't ranked in the top 10 prospect wise by every scouting service. Makes DeAngelo totally expendable.

like I said I feel he will be a better player than Miller although I feel Miller will be very good but I get a feeling he will leave you wanting more and that ain't a bad thing. i feel Lundkvist will be the better player and more complete in my opinion.

as far as DeAngelo it won't be hard to make him expendable if he does something stupid like in the past when he was younger. I rsther keep him but if they can sell high they could do it. thus could be his career year for him. with his baggage be careful of resigning him longterm although I'd take the chance depending on term and contract

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The brooks article was silly in terms of the Rangers not signing Lundkvist. He’s coming over ask @Amazing Kreiderman he’ll tell you it’s a certainty.

But there’s no reason to move DeAngelo right now. Honestly there isn’t a reason to move him until It’s time to pay Fox if anything.

it’s always made sense to sign him to a bridge deal here and get the most out of him. Have to continue to give him reps on the left side as well.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
A prospect who has never touched a toe onto NA ice makes a 60 point, 24 year old RD expendable. Amazing

we need to stop with this false argument. Trouba & Fox make him expendable because you can compare the value of ADA on 3D vs filling a bigger need. Nils Lundkvist has the potential to back-fill the position to minimize the downgrade to RD to improve another area but he is NOT why he is expendable.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
we need to stop with this false argument. Trouba & Fox make him expendable because you can compare the value of ADA on 3D vs filling a bigger need. Nils Lundkvist has the potential to back-fill the position to minimize the downgrade to RD to improve another area but he is NOT why he is expendable.
But is it a false argument? There's a ton to like about Lundkvist. But as far as being an NHLer, he's a complete unknown, at this point.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
TB is right. The reason to move DeAngelo is because Trouba and Fox are playing 45 minutes a game at his position and the Rangers have holes elsewhere. Having Lundkvist in the pipeline is simply a cherry on top.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

What is false about it? The fact that Nils hasn't played in NA or that ADA was on pace for over 60 points as a 24 year old?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I love Lundkvist as a prospect and there are tons to like. but we wouldn't be having the conversation if ADA wasn't behind Trouba and Fox.
What makes him "behind" Fox? He actually played more time per game than Fox did.

There may be reasons to trade DeAngelo, but Lundkvist is not one of them. And none of those reasons are manifesting themselves right now.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad