Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
This goal is not an exception but a continuation of a pattern for Lundkvist scoring on PP off one-timer.

He does this all the time, and what makes his shot so unpredictable is the way he shoots. He has a quick release with great precision. There may not be a lot of velocity on the shot, but he still catches goalies off guard because of how fast the puck leaves the stick blade.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He does this all the time, and what makes his shot so unpredictable is the way he shoots. He has a quick release with great precision. There may not be a lot of velocity on the shot, but he still catches goalies off guard because of how fast the puck leaves the stick blade.

IMO, he’d bring an element to the Rangers PP that is not ADA or Fox’s strength.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
If you’ve got the shot then that goal isn’t that soft. If Staal hammered that home then the goalie needs to pack his things and update his resume. But Nils looks to have quite the accurate bomb and a little room is all he needs to get if off, it’s something that should translate nicely to the big show

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I can’t speak to how he’s playing haven’t watched him but the points certainly aren’t coming to start this season.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
There is no season in North America

No, it hasn't. Just because he isn't putting up a point per game, doesn't mean he is having a bad season
That guy is so far off the deep end with every take he has.

Bottom line is Lundkvist has never been looked at as some offensive juggernaut. What he showed last year is an added bonus. What I think we expect of him is sound quality defense, with good exits out of his own end whether its with an outlet pass or using his skating ability. I havent watched him but I am sure he still doing all of that.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Bottom line is Lundkvist has never been looked at as some offensive juggernaut. What he showed last year is an added bonus. What I think we expect of him is sound quality defense, with good exits out of his own end whether its with an outlet pass or using his skating ability. I havent watched him but I am sure he still doing all of that.

This is what I've been saying for a while. His offense was never his defining attribute. It's probably the 3rd most impressive aspect of his game.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I understand that point production is not going to be what defines Lundkvist, but for people who didn't follow him as closely, they're probably remembering all the points-based comparisons made between him and other young players. Again I know we always talked about the other aspects of his game, but for many they're going to remember the numbers.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I can’t speak to how he’s playing haven’t watched him but the points certainly aren’t coming to start this season.
Thought from day one Lundkvist made a mistake not coming over here this season. His year so far has been crap.

It has been covered many times, his play last season was great, but not as great as his stats might imply. He is a very good SHL defender and he has of course not regressed from last season, but he isn't dominating the play in any way and production for Ds is always very very influenced by environment.

Yeah, I think Neal Pionk is a good comparison (and I am not implying that he is NHL ready, just that he can get there).

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It has been covered many times, his play last season was great, but not as great as his stats might imply. He is a very good SHL defender and he has of course not regressed from last season, but he isn't dominating the play in any way and production for Ds is always very very influenced by environment.

Yeah, I think Neal Pionk is a good comparison (and I am not implying that he is NHL ready, just that he can get there).

If he’s Neil Pionk can we trade him now? Because that is not the guy I want on this team. Pionk is an awful defender

Reactions: Rangerfan4life90
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad