Prospect Info: Nils Höglander

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamInVan

Dec 5, 2016
VanCity
Love watching this kid play. His first few games he kept going into battles and suddenly emerging with the puck. The other team would check him yet he still maintained possession. I thought he was some kind of magician or something cause it looked like he was getting run over but suddenly he still had the puck on his stick.

Reactions: The Poacher

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hoglander is close to a break-out game, you can just feel it. He's been the best, most consistent Canuck forward since the start of the season.

He's getting three or four glorious chances every game now, and setting up his line-mates for three or four others. I can see a 2-2 night on the horizon....he might be the best story on what is otherwise shaping up as a dismal season.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Love watching this kid play. His first few games he kept going into battles and suddenly emerging with the puck. The other team would check him yet he still maintained possession. I thought he was some kind of magician or something cause it looked like he was getting run over but suddenly he still had the puck on his stick.

There's been a few times this season where he's been knocked down and he just maintains control and gets to his feet. It's pretty impressive. I'd love Pettersson to have this kid's low center of gravity

Reactions: SamInVan

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Yeah I really like his last game, where it looked like he has gained even more confidence getting himself open and skating with authority towards the net.

Maybe tonight’s the night Green puts him on pp 1. Canucks are not scoring a lot of goals, so we need to try him there. Once he’s there, he is Probly there to stay.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yeah I really like his last game, where it looked like he has gained even more confidence getting himself open and skating with authority towards the net.

Maybe tonight’s the night Green puts him on pp 1. Canucks are not scoring a lot of goals, so we need to try him there. Once he’s there, he is Probly there to stay.
He’s a hard to check fireplug of a player. He’s only going to get better too. Sky is the limit for him.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
"best hands in the draft".

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Top 5 in a redraft? Maybe even higher. Top 10 at WORST

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
You gotta think he will start putting away some of his glorious chances. 3 shots on goal, and one post. He's so crafty with the puck, with the ability to make a good pass, the ice just opens up for him. He gets his passes off really fast too. Defenders simply can't anticipate what he is going to do. Decent velocity on his shots too.

Top 5 in redraft? It's too early but it certainly is possible, because this guy is extremely talented. Did he just suddenly improve since his draft, because if this guy was picked top 10 in the draft, we would still be very pleased with his play, but a huge steal at 40.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What continues to astonish me is the amount of punishment he takes along wall...but bounces off and spins out with the puck. Must be his low center of gravity at only 5'9" but close to 190. But the number of one-on-one puck battles he wins in both zones is beyond impressive.

I really wish they'd leave him with a creative center like Pettersson on the first line. Hoglander continues to set up Pearson and Horvat, but to no avail.

But what an impressive rookie. And he's just getting started.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
You gotta think he will start putting away some of his glorious chances. 3 shots on goal, and one post. He's so crafty with the puck, with the ability to make a good pass, the ice just opens up for him. He gets his passes off really fast too. Defenders simply can't anticipate what he is going to do. Decent velocity on his shots too.

Top 5 in redraft? It's too early but it certainly is possible, because this guy is extremely talented. Did he just suddenly improve since his draft, because if this guy was picked top 10 in the draft, we would still be very pleased with his play, but a huge steal at 40.

Too soon to tell. He is like half the age of Olli Juolevi and the jury is still out on him.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Go ahead and list that re-draft. You're wrong, and being intentionally hyperbolic is just a discredit to yourself and Hoglander. Not to mention this fanbase. Yikes.

RoundNum.Drafted ByPlayerPosDrafted FromGPGAPtsPIMLast Season
11New JerseyJack HughesCU.S. National Development Team [USHL]70101929102020-21
12NY RangersKaapo KakkoRTPS Turku [SM-liiga]78121426202020-21
13ChicagoKirby DachCSaskatoon Blades [WHL]6481523242019-20
14ColoradoBowen ByramDVancouver Giants [WHL]801182020-21
15Los AngelesAlex TurcotteCU.S. National Development Team [USHL]
16DetroitMoritz SeiderDMannheim Eagles [DEL]
17BuffaloDylan CozensCLethbridge Hurricanes [WHL]921302020-21
18EdmontonPhilip BrobergDAIK [Swe-1]
19AnaheimTrevor ZegrasCU.S. National Development Team [USHL]
110VancouverVasili PodkolzinRSt. Petersburg [Russia Jr.]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
He looks just as good as any of these players, if not better. Though there still a lot of players from that draft year yet to even play an NHL game, so there will likely be other players to step up, but it is usually the high end picks (like top 5) that step in as a rookie and be one of the teams best players. He is right in there with the top picks. Maybe this is the redraft...

11New JerseyJack HughesCU.S. National Development Team [USHL]70101929102020-21
12NY RangersKaapo KakkoRTPS Turku [SM-liiga]78121426202020-21
13ChicagoKirby DachCSaskatoon Blades [WHL]6481523242019-20
240VancouverNils HoglanderLRogle BK Angelholm [SweHL]1734742020-21
120WinnipegVille HeinolaDLukko Rauma [SM-liiga]914542020-21
17BuffaloDylan CozensCLethbridge Hurricanes [WHL]921302020-21
233Los AngelesArthur KaliyevRHamilton Bulldogs [OHL]110102020-21
122Los AngelesTobias BjornfotDDjurgarden (Sweden Jrs.)401102020-21
14ColoradoBowen ByramDVancouver Giants [WHL]801182020-21
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
My top two in a 2019 re-draft would be Jack Hughes and Moritz Seider. After that there would be several guys in the running for the next spots and Hoglander would be among that group.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
to be fair he’s looked better then kaako.

Rangers managed to destroy the confidence of a guy coming of one of the best 17yr old season in Finnish League history and two World Championships in one year.

Now Lafreniere has 1 point in 13 games there...

I think they have no clue how to develop players, but who can blame them, they've never tried before.

Reactions: canuckking1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce