Player Discussion: Nikolaj Ehlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think the old speedy , great playmaking Ehlers is back -- the guy who's in a slump right now is Connor. He seems to be playing like Ehlers was on that 2nd line, and his play has regressed. He's lost his jump and ability to drive that line.

I'd like to have both Ehlers and Connor going at the same time.:thumbu:

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Does anyone know where to see line-combo stats. I forgot where to find them.
Also, when was the first time this season PoMo started a game with Ehlers at the top line?

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I think the old speedy , great playmaking Ehlers is back -- the guy who's in a slump right now is Connor. He seems to be playing like Ehlers was on that 2nd line, and his play has regressed. He's lost his jump and ability to drive that line.

It certainly does seem that 55 and 26 create more open ice than 18 and 29.

Reactions: GNP

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Then you will have to convince Maurice to split up Scheifele and Wheeler. I'd imagine they would both be on fire if they had 55 between them.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Then you will have to convince Maurice to split up Scheifele and Wheeler. I'd imagine they would both be on fire if they had 55 between them.

That just might be something I'd experiment with if I were Maurice, but because right now, we're not suffering in the scoring department, I'd probably leave things as they are for now. I do think that Wheeler is a great center though, as proved when Scheif was hurt last year.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

That just might be something I'd experiment with if I were Maurice, but because right now, we're not suffering in the scoring department, I'd probably leave things as they are for now. I do think that Wheeler is a great center though, as proved when Scheif was hurt last year.
Wheeler was not a good center. CWL just hit a ridiculous hot streak, as proven by their PDO of around 110. They were constantly hemmed in their own zone, which shows in their horrific possession metrics.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I would be pretty annoyed if he gets banished to the blackhole that is ELL next game. He has played great since being moved to the top line and gives us the best chance to win by playing on the top line. I was pretty angry today when he was moved to the 2nd line today and then to the 4th line, although by the end of the game he was back to taking shifts on the 2nd line. If that was a onetime thing, fine. But if ELL is re-united again next game, it will be a grave injustice. Luckily the Jets looked as bad after the line shuffle than they did before so I think there's a good chance the coaches go back to the original lines.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I would be pretty annoyed if he gets banished to the blackhole that is ELL next game. He has played great since being moved to the top line and gives us the best chance to win by playing on the top line. I was pretty angry today when he was moved to the 2nd line today and then to the 4th line, although by the end of the game he was back to taking shifts on the 2nd line. If that was a onetime thing, fine. But if ELL is re-united again next game, it will be a grave injustice. Luckily the Jets looked as bad after the line shuffle than they did before so I think there's a good chance the coaches go back to the original lines.
Esw should be a thing but they should use Pll or Cll to get Laine or Connor going. You don't put two kids who are struggling together. Perrault needs to be top 6 right now. CRP/ CRA.

Reactions: JetsFan815

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

ESW and CSW are both great
Maybe ESL and CLW or something like that could help both of them

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Anyone else find it bizarre how often Jets players with serious injuries are allowed back on the ice in the game they are injured in?

That's 3 times this season.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
That blows.

Huge loss to our line up.

giphy.gif

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Welp I think we have hit the dreaded injury bug finally. Seems lots of guys are out right all over the league right now. This is where the game get tight and teams are really fighting to hold onto a spot before the trade deadline.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Didn't look good when it happen, looked worse when he tried to come back only to go off right away and now a mid February assessment confirms severity.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Hey, maybe Perreault gets to see the ice now...

This suuuucks. Maybe Connor will have a resurgence after he is inevitably promoted to the first. Not that CSW has done well or anything, but being pointless in ten straight, that is an easy bet to take.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Man I am sorry to hear that. Missed the first and wasn't in the recaps -- what happened?

Best of luck to the Flying Daneman on his swift and sure recovery!

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
As much as you hate to see injuries. Every injury is an opportunity. Connor has an opportunity to get going with out two stars.

Roslovic is getting a top 6 chance.

For Lemieux or Petan that opportunity may be PP time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad