Player Discussion: Nikolaj Ehlers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Tough break, always bad timing when a play-driving star gets injured. Would be nice to see us prioritize skill over vetness/truculence as we draw from the bench.

We have vets on our bench? Pretty sure the oldest is Petan (23).

If you meant moving up the line-up, isn't that exactly what occurred? Roslovic (21) was bumped up in favour of Perreault (31)

Reactions: Spock and YWGinYYZ

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles

Where have you been Dashing Dane ?? -- I miss your uplifting and insightful posts. I hope all went well with your expected "newborn"- was it a boy or a girl ??:)

I needed a break from all the negativity :laugh: Now I only catch up in certain threads and refrain from posting much.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I needed a break from all the negativity :laugh: Now I only catch up in certain threads and refrain from posting much.

Well nice to see your alive out there Dane, and the negativity can get to you-for sure. You didn't answer my question ??? -- boy or a girl ??? :dunno:

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
All the very best to you on that Dane -- hope whatever the case - that it's healthy. You must be on pins and needles, as this is your first one--good luck :)

See -- there are some "positive" posters on here Dane. ( it's a big barrel, lot of bad apples, mixed in with some good ones)

Reactions: DashingDane

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
ehlerni96

In response to every single post that has suggested trading Ehlers: no.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Cost controlled, good for 60 points a year minimum. Elite zone entries, speed to stretch the defense and drawing penalties. He really should be on the first powerplay, too often Scheifele loses the faceoff and they never get a clean entry afterwards.

Ehlers generates so much offence it's ridiculous. Among our best exit and entry players. Can't wait until he's back. Anyone know when he is expected to return?

Reactions: GNP

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Cost controlled, good for 60 points a year minimum. Elite zone entries, speed to stretch the defense and drawing penalties. He really should be on the first powerplay, too often Scheifele loses the faceoff and they never get a clean entry afterwards.
Accurate.

Unlike Laine and Connor, Ehlers can drive offense alone. For 6 million a year, that is something we must not trade under any circumstances.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Jets need Ehlers (and Morrissey) back in a big way.

This post says it all --and you could see our speed was lacking against a very fast Montreal team. We really miss Ehlers especially on zone entries and puck possession.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Ehlers was underrated for so long by the fanbase and is now finally being appreciated. Glad to have a somewhat complete winger on the team that is desperately lacking them.

Reactions: Jack722

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I know this is off topic but I can’t understand why Scheifele takes the face offs on the PP in the opposition’s zone. My eyes tell me he loses more than he wins and that is not a good way to start a PP.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Ehlers was underrated for so long by the fanbase and is now finally being appreciated. Glad to have a somewhat complete winger on the team that is desperately lacking them.
I don't think he was driving offense this well last year, but the tools were there. They always were.

We need these players who elevate others around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->