Player Discussion: Nikolaj Ehlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I'm referring to this season. Hence the "9 games".

He's been just as "good" as Wheeler and Scheifele so far this year, he just A) hasn't had the PPP and B) didn't have a fortunate night like Scheifele did last night with 2 easy goals.

None of our top 6 has played great outside the LA game and the third last night.

Wheeler and Scheif get the benefit of the doubt, but never the young guys who are just as good offensively.

It's not like he's going to shoot 0% for the rest of his career.
So, Little isn't in our top six?

Reactions: sipowicz

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Wow, his confidence is crushed playing big minutes on the second friggin line, it's up to the player to produce not the coaches!

Playing twice over 15 min in this season. Last year his minutes were way down. He's mad and he should be, because this joke of coach can't do anything expect ride his two star forwards in to the ground.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'm referring to this season. Hence the "9 games".

He's been just as "good" as Wheeler and Scheifele so far this year, he just A) hasn't had the PPP and B) didn't have a fortunate night like Scheifele did last night with 2 easy goals.

None of our top 6 has played great outside the LA game and the third last night.

Wheeler and Scheif get the benefit of the doubt, but never the young guys who are just as good offensively.

It's not like he's going to shoot 0% for the rest of his career.

Schief got those goals because he was in the right place at the right time, smart hockey players get to those spots, Ehlers avoids contact in the dirty areas, stopped driving to the net mid way through last season, once his contract kicked in he let up!

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Schief got those goals because he was in the right place at the right time, smart hockey players get to those spots, Ehlers avoids contact in the dirty areas, stopped driving to the net mid way through last season, once his contract kicked in he let up!

Smart hockey players throw the puck to the front of the net for a pass and get fortunate it bounces off a skate and goes in.

Right.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Playing twice over 15 min in this season. Last year his minutes were way down. He's mad and he should be, because this joke of coach can't do anything expect ride his two star forwards in to the ground.

Easy way to get more minutes, produce! Really quite simple. Look at Connor for a guy that made the most of his opportunity and still is, Ehlers got big minutes because at the time there was no one else aside from Little, Wheeler and Schief, now that there is more equal and better talent here than Ehlers obviously his minutes were cut! Ehlers needs to up his game period or he'll be behind Appleton pretty soon!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Smart hockey players throw the puck to the front of the net for a pass and get fortunate it bounces off a skate and goes in.

Right.

And you know that Schief wasn't trying to bank it off a defender, good players also do that! Ehlers never goes near the net for fear of getting hit, pretty hard to get a greasy goal playing on the perimeter all the time! Get real here!

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Oh, so 3 points in 9 games is awful, but 4 points in 9 games is great?

Little has as many 5v5 points as Ehlers does. Nothing else matters besides points obviously
He'd have more but his wingers aren't playing up to par.
By the way, KC Scheif and Wheeler aren't practicing together as a line today.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
gotta admit KC and Ehlers on same line looked like it could work.

I very much think that Ehlers and Connor would do great together. They are both speed and finesse players. They are not the type to win grinding board battles, but they will score in a different way. I'm not sure if Little will dig out pucks in the tough areas for them, but Connor and Ehlers can do some of that.

It will be interesting to see how this line does together. I'm sure a lot of people think that the 2nd line has not been producing to their capabilities, and the change is welcome, and needed right now. Let's see what they can do ?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

I very much think that Ehlers and Connor would do great together. They are both speed and finesse players. They are not the type to win grinding board battles, but they will score in a different way. I'm not sure if Little will dig out pucks in the tough areas for them, but Connor and Ehlers can do some of that.

It will be interesting to see how this line does together. I'm sure a lot of people think that the 2nd line has not been producing to their capabilities, and the change is welcome, and needed right now. Let's see what they can do ?
If he can't produce with Connor there is trouble since they have pretty much tried him with every top 6 player except for Wheeler and Schief to spark his game and what can I say he's still not sparking.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If he can't produce with Connor there is trouble since they have pretty much tried him with every top 6 player except for Wheeler and Schief to spark his game and what can I say he's still not sparking.

Lets see .... every top 6 player except Wheeler and Scheif. I don't think we can count KC yet. Its been what, 1/3 of a game? So that leaves Little and Laine that they have tried him with. ELL hasn't worked, (actually, it has lately, but that is another discussion) so what else is new?

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I haven't checked this thread in awhile, is Ehlers good again? I need to know before tomorrows game.

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018
Ehlers has looked good for awhile IMO but been a little unlucky in terms of points.

He's been pretty aggressive defensively too, and much stronger on checks. Love him back on the top line.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Ehlers has looked good for awhile IMO but been a little unlucky in terms of points.

He's been pretty aggressive defensively too, and much stronger on checks. Love him back on the top line.

That's what I have been seeing as well but as I have to keep mentioning, I'm biased... I actually think he has been the best defensive winger in our top 6. I'm sure plenty of people will disagree though.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Ehlers is not strong in puck battles or stong in the corners or strong along the boards or strong in front of the net. Defensively he is very weak, especially in clearing our own zone. He skates fast, though.

I hope his offense continues to pick up because his game is very one dimensional and if that dimension is underperforming it makes you wonder why on earth we would be paying him $6M a year, or why any team would for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad