Player Discussion Nikita Tryamkin | V

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Haha yes. Ironically the reason his teammates hate him is because they think he is a huge p$ssy. He used to cry on the bench every time someone was mean to him on the ice lol

Yeah because in the age of a zillion camera angles, cell phone video, and social media this was never captured anywhere. Please.

So I'm supposed to dislike someone who played big on the ice but acted like a wuss on the bench versus what we have now, which is guys who act big on the bench and the dressing room and play like wusses on the ice?

Pretty easy decision.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
I'd be cautious expecting BFG to return to Vancouver and if he does, to be an impact player. I don't like to try to get inside someone's head, but he seems to be at odds with yet another coach/team? He also doesn't seem to be a western oriented Russian - more of an old school Soviet. His English is very poor, he complained about smelling pot everywhere in Vancouver, he had issues about his ice time as an NHL rookie, etc. Each of these, in isolation amount to nothing, but they are warning flags that could indicate a bigger problem. I'm not saying that all Russians are enigmatic or head cases, but there is certainly a cultural difference (and Russian is huge country with multiple cultures).

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Gudbranson is worth $4m a season, then Tryamkin gets guarantied money of at least that on a three year deal. Then I suppose he could always go back to the KHL. If he and his agent can walk away from that kind of dough then things must be better in Russia than I thought.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I'd be cautious expecting BFG to return to Vancouver and if he does, to be an impact player. I don't like to try to get inside someone's head, but he seems to be at odds with yet another coach/team? He also doesn't seem to be a western oriented Russian - more of an old school Soviet. His English is very poor, he complained about smelling pot everywhere in Vancouver, he had issues about his ice time as an NHL rookie, etc. Each of these, in isolation amount to nothing, but they are warning flags that could indicate a bigger problem. I'm not saying that all Russians are enigmatic or head cases, but there is certainly a cultural difference (and Russian is huge country with multiple cultures).
Good post...When you start adding up every issue,you do wonder if he is indeed a headcase..?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Good post...When you start adding up every issue,you do wonder if he is indeed a headcase..?

basically this. he's a talent for sure, but i get the sense that being gigantic and somewhat talented he's had things his way his whole life and is a bit of a handful. there is also the russian factor. a lot of very talented russian hockey players just do not grok the north american way.

if he comes back now i think it'll be on a one year show me basis with a buriable or close to buriable contract and on a short leash. different story if gudbranson goes down though.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Curmudgeon

Aug 18, 2018

Hopefully it's just immaturity. I bet in watching and tracking the team, and keeping in touch with Goldobin, he has some regrets not being here even if he is playing on a strong team over there.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Who knows what his issues are but one thing for sure that would help is having another Russian on our team you'd think. If we get a shot at taking one of Vasily Podkolzin or Matvei Guskov do we take them or not risk taking a Russian so high?? Ilya Mironov would be another to consider in bottom half of 1st round if we got another pick. Podkolzin is obviously a top 5 pick right now so he's a easy choice really if were in a position to take for me.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Who knows what his issues are but one thing for sure that would help is having another Russian on our team you'd think. If we get a shot at taking one of Vasily Podkolzin or Matvei Guskov do we take them or not risk taking a Russian so high?? Ilya Mironov would be another to consider in bottom half of 1st round if we got another pick. Podkolzin is obviously a top 5 pick right now so he's a easy choice really if were in a position to take for me.
I’m pretty sure Benning is quite scared of Russians at this point and time. I’d like to say it wouldn’t affect his decision making, but I know it will..

Reactions: Katani Kalan

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I’m pretty sure Benning is quite scared of Russians at this point and time. I’d like to say it wouldn’t affect his decision making, but I know it will..
There seems to be a difference in Russians that have played the CHL (who have acclimatized themselves to NA) ,than the Russians who come here direct from the motherland.

I'm sure most GM's take into account that the said player may bolt back to Russia,...you would be stupid not to...Seems to be a regular occurrence.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
There seems to be a difference in Russians that have played the CHL (who have acclimatized themselves to NA) ,than the Russians who come here direct from the motherland.

I'm sure most GM's take into account that the said player may bolt back to Russia,...you would be stupid not to...Seems to be a regular occurrence.
Podkolzin had mentioned that he would like to stay in Russia until he was 100% NHL ready to have a solidified role (I’m assuming top 6?) and that sort of thing is something that could scare GMs like Benning.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
That really sucks but im leaning towards agreeing with you. Maybe we can just sign one then but has to be a usable player. This really sucks as saw a lot of potential in Tryamkin disappointed we didn't get to see him develop more as a Canuck. Hopefully he just comes back anyway.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
That really sucks but im leaning towards agreeing with you. Maybe we can just sign one then but has to be a usable player. This really sucks as saw a lot of potential in Tryamkin disappointed we didn't get to see him develop more as a Canuck. Hopefully he just comes back anyway.
At least he won't be playing for the Kings in all probability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad