Player Discussion Nikita Tryamkin | V

Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I’d love to have him come back. But I’m not holding my breath that he’d be a good top four guy. He’d still need to prove it imo. His size certainly makes him intriguing but he hasn’t really proven himself yet.
Nonetheless, given our lack of defensive prospects and our weak defense another potential guy would be welcome.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I’d love to have him come back. But I’m not holding my breath that he’d be a good top four guy. He’d still need to prove it imo. His size certainly makes him intriguing but he hasn’t really proven himself yet.
Nonetheless, given our lack of defensive prospects and our weak defense another potential guy would be welcome.
I would be interested to see if he meshes with the current head coach....If Tryamkin has any 'entitlement' issues,I have no doubt that Green would park his ass at the end of the bench (or in the pressbox).

Willie was a fool, but Green,a former player, strikes me as having little patience for any kind of BS.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I would be interested to see if he meshes with the current head coach....If Tryamkin has any 'entitlement' issues,I have no doubt that Green would park his ass at the end of the bench (or in the pressbox).

Willie was a fool, but Green,a former player, strikes me as having little patience for any kind of BS.

Green is hopefully better at explaining what he expects out of a player? But it's hard to say. Leipsic complained a bit about his opportunities on the way out.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi

So Willie was a fool for doing exactly what you would expect Green (who apparently is NO fool) to do. Double standard much...

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
I'd love to get another look at Tryamkin. He's got some enticing tools, but he was still very much a project when he left Vancouver.

He did some interesting things with the puck for a giant. You can sense there's some offense hiding in there.

The main issue was his reading and reacting to the play defensively. I don't care if he plays like Pronger, he just needs to blow a guy up a couple of times a season (which he's shown he can do almost by accident) and I think other players would have to respect that threat. If he could channel some Marek Malik into his game he's be a dream, imo.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Green is hopefully better at explaining what he expects out of a player? ...

I think the staff was clear enough in what they expected of Tryamkin. They wanted him to be Pronger and be the BUG (Big very Unfriendly) Giant that ran people. While he can play physically his style is not Pronger's, and if he came back and found that is what Green and his staff wanted then they'd probably get the same result with BFG returning to the KHL as soon as he could.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lol...back in the day apparently Willie and the coaching staff showed Trymakin videos of Pronger, and expressed their frustration with him that he wouldn't play the same way. But the guy they should have had him emulating was Zdeno Chara. With his size and skating he could probably kill somebody if the played the same way as Pronger.

But all he needs to do is lean on people to be effective in the d-zone and when does hit somebody he usually blows them up. Still playing in his 40's so me must be doing something right.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Tryamkin was back in the line-up for Avtomobilist today: 0/0/0 +1 in 21:31 (his time on ice suggests he was on the top pairing). He led his team with five hits.

He was out quite a while. I wonder if @FroshaugFan2 can dig up the details on the nature of his injury (or anything else about his absence and return).

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
So Willie was a fool for doing exactly what you would expect Green (who apparently is NO fool) to do. Double standard much...
Thing is though...Willie had no idea how to deal with young players...You could possibly bring up Horvat,but thats a coaches dream, you don't have to do much...Players like Virtanen (who claims that Willie hardly spoke to him),and Goldobin were utterly confused by Willie...At least Green has a dialogue with the young players, and even puts them back on the ice after making mistakes.

Willie has to be in the top 3 of the worst coaches in Canuck history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->