Player Discussion Nikita Tryamkin | V

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
13% and he's not on the top30 KHL earnings list.

Max take home using this info would be 870k.

Report: List of 30 highest-paid KHLers revealed - Sportsnet.ca

That list is 2 years old.

But I will concede that my point about money is off base. KHL salaries aren't well known and even if he's possibly making more this year due to taxes, cost of living, under the table shady earnings etc the potential to make more is definitely in the NHL.

I will say that the money he earns if he came back, in the short term, won't be a huge leap on what he's making. So will the gap be enticing enough to flip his and his wife's life upside down? He's not guaranteed anything here.

I hope he comes back, it'd be a real boost to our defense. But I don't think he's going to be the savior some people expect him to be, if he comes back.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Considering taxes and that he was on an entry level deal I am pretty sure he earns more than he did before with the Canucks.

That's irrelevant. He was RFA and was reportedly offered a 2 year contract with the Canucks.

I think I have read somewhere that he was eaning somewhere between 1 and 2 million a year but dont pin me down on this. And even if I could remember exactly what was reported it wouldnt make it any more legit. Salary information from the KHL is tough to get and even for the top guys the speculated salary can differ by millions depending on who you ask. I would guess there are a lot of "side-businesses" on going.

The money per year is probably similar to what the Canucks offered for 2 years. From a strict money standpoint, it's probably better for Tryamkin to stay in Russia. The NHL does present a better opportunity to earn money in the long run but if you factor in the cost of living? If Tryamkin is earning good money in Russia, I'm not sure if NHL money would necessarily appeal to him. But the NHL is considered the best league in the world and Trymakin hasn't established himself in the NHL. I think he will come back

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The money per year is probably similar to what the Canucks offered for 2 years. From a strict money standpoint, it's probably better for Tryamkin to stay in Russia. The NHL does present a better opportunity to earn money in the long run but if you factor in the cost of living? If Tryamkin is earning good money in Russia, I'm not sure if NHL money would necessarily appeal to him. But the NHL is considered the best league in the world and Trymakin hasn't established himself in the NHL. I think he will come back

That only holds if his next contract in Russia puts him into the top 15 or so highest paid players and he may even need to be top 10 to out-earn what he'd take home on a $4 million or higher deal which he's likely to get in the NHL. If he can show that he's as good as we hope he might be that $4+ by two-year deal could easily turn into $6 million plus and there's almost no chance the KHL can beat that.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Was trying to get info on KHL salaries and salary cap.

If I read it correctly, their salary cap is about $800 M rubles. that translates to about $13M US. (if my math is correct). So there should be something like a 6 : 1 difference in salaries. I find it hard to believe that Tryamkin is making close to what he might have in Vancouver. Numbers I saw suggested something like a RFA offer to him of $3.5 - 4M/yr. That sure sounds high by a bit. I would have happily offered him $3M/ yr for 6 - 8 years. When (or if) he comes back, I think he can get him for $4 - 4.5 M/yr for 5 years. That has to be at least 2 times what he is making, and likely 4 - 5 x as much.

If anyone can offer any legitimate enlightenment I would much appreciate it. I am probably wrong somewhere in my numbers.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

If I read it correctly, their salary cap is about $800 M rubles. that translates to about $13M US. (if my math is correct). So there should be something like a 6 : 1 difference in salaries. I find it hard to believe that Tryamkin is making close to what he might have in Vancouver. Numbers I saw suggested something like a RFA offer to him of $3.5 - 4M/yr. That sure sounds high by a bit. I would have happily offered him $3M/ yr for 6 - 8 years. When (or if) he comes back, I think he can get him for $4 - 4.5 M/yr for 5 years. That has to be at least 2 times what he is making, and likely 4 - 5 x as much.

If anyone can offer any legitimate enlightenment I would much appreciate it. I am probably wrong somewhere in my numbers.

It's not a hard cap as far as I understand. Teams can go over the cap and pay luxury taxes, similar to MLB. The league has a wide disparity of teams budgets so it depends on whether he's on one of the rich teams or not. Interestingly, I have been unable in the past to find any info on who owns the team for which he plays but it would say a lot about the plausibility of his contract.

Not sure I buy that he was offered that much by Vancouver either.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

I believe the Canucks offered him a 2 year bridge contract. I don't quite remember if specifics were reported, somehow I am thinking somewhere in the range of $1.9M AAV, which seems reasonable.

You would have locked him up for 6-8 years at that point in time? Granted, $3M may turn out to be a steal, but 6-8 years is a lot for what he had proven.

I would certainly not offer him a 5 year contract at $4-4.5M to come back. That seems like such a risk to take (especially without trading Gudbranson). One consideration would be that he's 25 next season with an August birthday. If my math is correct, you can offer him a 2 year contract to come back next season and he would still be a RFA after that. That seems to be the best course IMO and certainly not for anything more than Hutton's AAV.

NucksRock

May 16, 2018
That list is 2 years old.

But I will concede that my point about money is off base. KHL salaries aren't well known and even if he's possibly making more this year due to taxes, cost of living, under the table shady earnings etc the potential to make more is definitely in the NHL.

I will say that the money he earns if he came back, in the short term, won't be a huge leap on what he's making. So will the gap be enticing enough to flip his and his wife's life upside down? He's not guaranteed anything here.

I hope he comes back, it'd be a real boost to our defense. But I don't think he's going to be the savior some people expect him to be, if he comes back.

Good points, but I don't think with Hughes, Juolevi, maybe Sautner, Brisebois, etc on the way we need a 'savior' anymore, but he would be a great addition to what's looking like a very strong unit long term. Add in an improved Hutton and Stech, and hopefully Gud keeps improving you have a very solid group of dmen who can compete well.

Hughes Tanev
Juolevi Gudbranson
Hutton Tryamkin
Stecher/Edler (trade at deadline this year, re-sign on a friendly contract as a ufa this summer) as depth as we make our runs with hopefully some surprises from Utica which allows trades

Edler will be a valuable 6/7 when we're ready to make our runs - need experienced defensive depth and he will fit that role perfectly. He'll be on a friendly contract and wants to be here. Thus trade and re-sign. Keep Tanev to be Hughes' defensive partner and you have a dynamic first pair. Stay at home and the offensive dynamo.

Juolevi / Gud -nice second pair. Good offensive player in Juolevi who can use some help on the physical end. If Try shows he can handle #4 he's probably better there, but until he does that's gud's spot.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Tryamkin appears not to have been dressed for today's match. Injury? Healthy scratch? Any of our Euro experts know?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
they are supposedly rotating extra dmen on a regular schedule so that every dman sits down every few games.

That's definitely what it looks like...
Team has played 25 games..

They have 8 dmen that have played between 17-21 gms
21, 21, 20, 19(Tryamkin), 17, 17, 17, 17

Then they have a 9th dman with 10 gms.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Tryamkin appears not to have been dressed for today's match. Injury? Healthy scratch? Any of our Euro experts know?
Probably a healthy scratch. For the life of me, I can’t figure out why people want him back. To each their own I guess. Personally, I’d like to see the team trade his rights for a 5th round pick of that’s even possible.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Probably a healthy scratch. For the life of me, I can’t figure out why people want him back. To each their own I guess. Personally, I’d like to see the team trade his rights for a 5th round pick of that’s even possible.

Well... it turns out his healthy scratches mean squat all since they are apparently being applied across the whole of the D. See 2 posts above.

If you can't figure out why most would want Tryamkin back on this roster, then.. ah well..

Reactions: billvanseattle

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Well... it turns out his healthy scratches mean squat all since they are apparently being applied across the whole of the D. See 2 posts above.

If you can't figure out why most would want Tryamkin back on this roster, then.. ah well..
I don’t think he is an NHL caliber dman. So no, I can’t figure it out. Enlighten me. He is big but he is also a huge ****. Folks just got carried away because of his size and he has adequate mobility. So what.

Last edited by a moderator:

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I don’t think he is an NHL caliber dman. So no, I can’t figure it out. Enlighten me. He is big but he is also a huge p$ssy. Folks just got carried away because of his size and he has adequate mobility. So what.
He is obviously the reincarnation of Zdeno Chara.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Because he played well while he was here and wasn't given the chance he was promised. It would be nice to see what he can do given how he performed in the limited time he was given.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I don’t think he is an NHL caliber dman. So no, I can’t figure it out. Enlighten me. He is big but he is also a huge p$ssy. Folks just got carried away because of his size and he has adequate mobility. So what.

He was already NHL caliber the season before last. Don't think that's debatable. We all watched the games.

Then you mention he also happens to have size and mobility.
He was a physical presence when here.... his reach was disruptive as hell.
And we saw a raw rookie version of him.

A fair assumption is we'll see a polished version of the player that left... you assume 3 seasons of pro experience will benefit the asset... and that's exciting to me.

But I get it.. some people have hurt feelings because he didn't re-sign.
But it's business. We own him til 2023.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
He was already NHL caliber the season before last. Don't think that's debatable. We all watched the games.

Then you mention he also happens to have size and mobility.
He was a physical presence when here.... his reach was disruptive as hell.
And we saw a raw rookie version of him.

A fair assumption is we'll see a polished version of the player that left... you assume 3 seasons of pro experience will benefit the asset... and that's exciting to me.

But I get it.. some people have hurt feelings because he didn't re-sign.
But it's business. We own him til 2023.
I watched him and I don’t think he was NHL caliber. Being good enough to play for the canucks doesn’t mean you are NHL caliber. Are Pouliot, Del Zotto and Biega NHL caliber? I don’t think so. Our D sucks. I’d like to replace half of them and plugs like Tryamkin aren’t the answer. Do I have hurt feelings he left? Perhaps. I know he was a cancer in the room and that’s unfortunate. For that very reason Benning will never bring him back.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Who wouldn't want a huge defenceman who is actually mobile and can actually skate. I still hate WD for not playing him more late in the year when we were supposed to be giving more ice time to youth. I remember John and John almost every period showing the chart of Horvat, Baertschi and Boucher's increased ice-time post TDL vs before. Yet for some reason that memo didn't get to Tryamkin and the defence... I don't blame the guy for leaving when he sees his peers relative to his age being awarded extra ice time yet his stagnated.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
He's mean. He definitely hurt a lot of feelings on this board.
Haha yes. Ironically the reason his teammates hate him is because they think he is a huge p$ssy. He used to cry on the bench every time someone was mean to him on the ice lol

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Haha yes. Ironically the reason his teammates hate him is because they think he is a huge p$ssy. He used to cry on the bench every time someone was mean to him on the ice lol
Is there any proof of this? Quotes or video or anything? It's the first I have heard of it, which doesn't make it untrue but I don't like to accept negative descriptions of people without solid evidence. The main thing I remember about him was how easily he pushed opposing players out of the crease.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Is there any proof of this? Quotes or video or anything? It's the first I have heard of it, which doesn't make it untrue but I don't like to accept negative descriptions of people without solid evidence. The main thing I remember about him was how easily he pushed opposing players out of the crease.
Well....I’m telling you what players and a coach have told me. The coach was Ben Cooper. If you think I’m full of Sh!t I would understand.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Well p***y or not, he's better than almost every d-man we have right now with the exception of Tanev/Edler.

Reactions: EP40

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Well....I’m telling you what players and a coach have told me. The coach was Ben Cooper. If you think I’m full of Sh!t I would understand.
I won't disparage someone or believe bad things about them on hearsay, but I accept why you feel the way you do, if you trust your sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->