Player Discussion Nikita Tryamkin | V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
Willie was an idiot,but he did give Tryamkin solid minutes in the 2nd half of the season (for a 3rd pairing dman)......

Is Tryamkin expecting to come here in 3 years and waltz into the top 4,...interesting?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Willie was an idiot,but he did give Tryamkin solid minutes in the 2nd half of the season (for a 3rd pairing dman)......

Is Tryamkin expecting to come here in 3 years and waltz into the top 4,...interesting?

Not really. He only got more than 18 minutes in 12 of the last 38 games (starting in the new year). Despite all the injuries, he only averaged 16:44 TOI/gp. Sbisa averaged 18:58 TOI/gp. Larsen averaged only 20 seconds less per game.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not really. He only got more than 18 minutes in 12 of the last 38 games (starting in the new year). Despite all the injuries, he only averaged 16:44 TOI/gp. Sbisa averaged 18:58 TOI/gp. Larsen averaged only 20 seconds less per game.

Tryamkin mentioned Goldobin scoring goals and getting benched too. I think, reading between the lines, you get a sense that Nikita saw a lot of unfairness with Willie and ice time.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Tryamkin mentioned Goldobin scoring goals and getting benched too. I think, reading between the lines, you get a sense that Nikita saw a lot of unfairness with Willie and ice time.

Kind of funny, everybody saw the unfairness except for the hockey establishment.

Willie was given praise outside of Vancouver by the media, and basically instantly got another high profile gig. Even our management didn't want to admit how bad of a coach he was.

Shows you how ass-backwards the hockey establishment is.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017

Agreed,that he could have been given a bit more ice time (Willie)...He was still a work in progress though,his game had a lot of holes in it (still does)..He was improving rapidly,and it was inevitable that he would eventually be playing more...(especially with a change in the coaching staff)..

I don't think this ends well....Lets just say (for the hell of it) that Green is still the coach here in 3 years..I don't see a case of where a guy is going to walk in from the KHL and demand X amount of minutes...Aint gonna happen...We will right back to the reason that he left in the first place.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Agreed,that he could have been given a bit more ice time (Willie)...He was still a work in progress though,his game had a lot of holes in it (still does)..He was improving rapidly,and it was inevitable that he would eventually be playing more...(especially with a change in the coaching staff)..

I don't think this ends well....Lets just say (for the hell of it) that Green is still the coach here in 3 years..I don't see a case of where a guy is going to walk in from the KHL and demand X amount of minutes...Aint gonna happen...We will right back to the reason that he left in the first place.

I don't read that as him demanding minutes or whatever. He even says that it made sense for him to play limited minutes until they got to trusting him. He was rightfully frustrated that he was sitting so that dog **** players could play.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Tryamkin knew before he left that Desjardins was gone. Why flee a fired coach?

Frustration with management I imagine, keeping Willie around for way longer than he should have been. Let's not forget the "showed him videos of Chara" comments as well.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Frustration with management I imagine, keeping Willie around for way longer than he should have been. Let's not forget the "showed him videos of Chara" comments as well.

Man, thats a weak argument.

I would love him to be here committed not here when he feels like it. He wasn't willing to do the time to get himself to the NHL level, thought he should be getting more ice time then those that did do that. I bet money was an issue as well.

Was upset that the AHL clause was let out.

If he wants to come back and play his way into more icetime then I think that's great, he doesn't automatically earn it because he might go back to russia. That is not a precedent we want to have here is it?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Tryamkin knew before he left that Desjardins was gone. Why flee a fired coach?

Maybe it wasn't just Desjardins that was the problem? In 3 years there could be wholesale turnover from linden down.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
Honestly, Tryamkins comments are starting to wear thin with me...He was pencilled in as 6th or 7th dman on most peoples list at the beginning of last season...He had a breakthrough in his first year in the NHL,didn't get all the icetime he wanted,but still established that he is an NHL player..

Maybe its just me,but I'm seeing a guy who has very little gratitude to being an NHL player ...Its unfortunate,that he didn't get enough ice time with a stubborn old coach..Oh well....Wouldn't most guys suck that up in your first year of learning how to play the NHL game?.. or are we going to get translated tweets every three months moaning how he didn't get enough ice time.

Anyway,thats my .02 cents

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
No sooner than 3 years.

Possible that he's had enough of Dim Benning and Darth Linden along with that idiot Willie?

It's OK Nikita, they'll all be fired in less than a year (Willie has already been "freed", in fact), then we'll talk.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Honestly, Tryamkins comments are starting to wear thin with me...He was pencilled in as 6th or 7th dman on most peoples list at the beginning of last season...He had a breakthrough in his first year in the NHL,didn't get all the icetime he wanted,but still established that he is an NHL player..

Maybe its just me,but I'm seeing a guy who has very little gratitude to being an NHL player ...Its unfortunate,that he didn't get enough ice time with a stubborn old coach..Oh well....Wouldn't most guys suck that up in your first year of learning how to play the NHL game?.. or are we going to get translated tweets every three months moaning how he didn't get enough ice time.

Anyway,thats my .02 cents

Sorry but the NHL ELC set up sort of tells russians and others that you are not getting paid in your first 3 years. Why the hell should he be grateful for being paid less, getting less ice time and a incompetent coach? Why not go back to russia, make more money and where he is used more. Sorry, but screw anyone who thinks he didn't make the best decision for himself. And he owes the Canucks nothing.

I am constantly amazed at the fans who put down the Sedins, but fail to recognize that they love vancouver (after many years) but criticize a player who doesn't immediately say i will live and die a canuck. Double standard anyone? Honestly, we can just hope that Tryamkin will be back in 2 -3 years. And be thankful if he does.

Reactions: Jimnastic

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
No sooner than 3 years.

Possible that he's had enough of Dim Benning and Darth Linden along with that idiot Willie?

It's OK Nikita, they'll all be fired in less than a year (Willie has already been "freed", in fact), then we'll talk.

Benning will probably flip him at the deadline for a 7th round pick.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
Sorry but the NHL ELC set up sort of tells russians and others that you are not getting paid in your first 3 years. Why the hell should he be grateful for being paid less, getting less ice time and a incompetent coach? Why not go back to russia, make more money and where he is used more. Sorry, but screw anyone who thinks he didn't make the best decision for himself. And he owes the Canucks nothing.

I am constantly amazed at the fans who put down the Sedins, but fail to recognize that they love vancouver (after many years) but criticize a player who doesn't immediately say i will live and die a canuck. Double standard anyone? Honestly, we can just hope that Tryamkin will be back in 2 -3 years. And be thankful if he does.

Paid for what?..he's not a top 4 D..?...He's potentially left millions on the table here..There is absolutely no guarantee that he's just going to show up here after 3 years of playing in an inferior league and be ready top 4 D on the Canucks..He's does not owe the Canucks anything,agreed..but when he shows up here at 27 years old,and complains about his ice time..we don't owe him anything either.

There's no double standard here...You either want to play for the sweater or you don't...It was very moving to me to see a player like Elias Petterson being drafted by the Canucks..he almost wept with joy..The polar opposite is Tryamkin,there is no link/bond to him and a Canuck sweater...and thats not a knock against him,..Its just a completely different culture in Mother Russia.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
Canada Day last year is the day I finally quit smoking after a 25/26 year pack a day habit.

Downtown smells like urine, not weed. Forgot for a lot of years, but it's hard to escape when you can actually smell things.

I congratulate you also....you are liberated...Amazing when you can taste/smell ..Youre life has changed.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Maybe its just me,but I'm seeing a guy who has very little gratitude to being an NHL player

And what if he doesn't? Datsyuk just packed up and left with a year left on his contract. Kovalchuk did the same after signing a massive long-term contract.

There does seem to be a divide among posters here in terms of how to run a business. Some value loyalty and are ok with say having the Sedins retire here even if it isn't in the best interest of the team. Some only care about what's best for the team from a strict current evaluation and loyalty to the organization means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia