Nikita Scherbak

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I hate the "he needs to play defense" argument so bad when it comes to forwards. If the guy is good enough to have an impact offensively on the top 6, give me a break when it comes to his play in the defensive end.

I don't hate it and understand it since scoring is way down and we are a defense first team. With this management and coaching staff, Scherbak is going to have to show he can play decent in his own end (or light up the scoreboard night in and night out)

if DD can play THAT bad defense and be in the NHL 4 years now..

im not even WORRIED about nikita.

i agree with lebowski, people bring up this defense thing like a player will get scored on EVERYTIME he hops on the ice and thats just not the case. worry about how he's going to look like in the offensive zone first before worrying about how he will look inside a zone that has carey price.

There's a big difference between a rookie with zero pro experience and DD since he already had a couple seasons in the NHL under his belt and had a 60 point season in the NHL before Therrien was brought back. Coaches will give room to proven point producers but not to rookies unless they are really special.

I'm not worried about Scherbak's offensive game but knowing the organization, if he can't play solid defense then he's not going to have the trust of the coach and that is a problem.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
My friend has a picture with him clubbing. I guess it's safe to say he's going to have problems off the rink and will be just a classic Russian problem player.

Trade him.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
It's been a while since we had a bonafide 1st line forward in Hamilton. Hope he do well there and get a few games with the big club.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Oh, that I know. It wasn't meant as a diss to the poster I was replying to. It has a lot more to do with the two-way philosophy in place in the modern NHL, not just the Habs. And don't get me wrong, two-way play is important and of tremendous value when your best offensive guy also happens to be your best two-way guy, such as Pacioretty or Plekanec. But when it comes to guys like Galchenyuk or Scherbak, what I want from them is the high-end offensive talent we've been sorely lacking up front over the last decade and more.

Yeah. Being a habs fan has been a very frustrating thing for a long time. I don't know how I'm going to respond to watching a team that can actually score. Like, what would a team who could give Carey Price 3 goals per game...look like?

Would he put up 50 wins?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Yeah. Being a habs fan has been a very frustrating thing for a long time. I don't know how I'm going to respond to watching a team that can actually score. Like, what would a team who could give Carey Price 3 goals per game...look like?

Would he put up 50 wins?

The Habs had the 2nd best GF/G in 07-08. Mostly based on our PP, but our 5 on 5 GF/G was still ranked 9th.

That was at the peak of the Kovalev - Plekanec - Kostitsyn line, and from what I recall, one of the greatest on-ice product entertainment wise I've seen of the Habs in recent memory. We also won the conference title that year, but we were middle of the pack in GA/G.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I voted 51+ because injuries can happen and he's the best offensive prospect not named Andrighetto or Hudon.

Timelord

Stanley Cup polisher
Dec 18, 2011
I voted 51+ because injuries can happen and he's the best offensive prospect not named Andrighetto or Hudon.

Same here for the same reasons, plus he has shown that he adapts quickly to new situations. He's made an offensive impact immediately playing in North America while learning a new culture and language, then picks up a more defensive game with Constantine and was considered one of the most improved Everett players for that reason.

The guy is a sponge. It's a basically a hunch, but he seems like he'll be one of those rookies that comes out of the gate fast -- when he gets the chance.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
My friend has a picture with him clubbing. I guess it's safe to say he's going to have problems off the rink and will be just a classic Russian problem player.

Trade him.

typical lazy Russian

tumblr_n7xrenVjaj1qe46u5o3_250.gif

:sarcasm:

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Has anyone seen Scherbak and Galchenyuk in the same room at the same time?

After watching the duel video of Scherbak and Juulsen on the Habs site, I'm not entirely convinced he and Galch aren't the same guy.

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A
Has anyone seen Scherbak and Galchenyuk in the same room at the same time?

After watching the duel video of Scherbak and Juulsen on the Habs site, I'm not entirely convinced he and Galch aren't the same guy.

Didn't they play pre-season last year together? I recall they looked pretty good together but I don't remember 100%

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Scherbak with the prototypical deceptive Russian physique. I'll wager he'll be one of the most fit players in camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad