Nikita Scherbak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habruti!

Mar 5, 2002
Gatineau
Visit site
I think Scherbak has more upside than SK had but maybe not 'quite' as much as AK. AK could've been an absolute beast. I think he could've been damn near a 40/40 player.

AK seemed/seems more skilled but he was also built like a tank. Scherbak has a height/reach advantage and seems a bit quicker.

Scherbak's bulking up though is very interesting. I didn't think he'd bulk up that much that quick. If he ends up north of 210 he could be mighty scary. The good thing is Scherbak seems to have it between the ears.

God I hope Galch and Scherbak reach their potential.

Actually i would extend this to mcCaron and tinorfi as well. If all 4 of these gus reach there potential we will be in business

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Actually i would extend this to mcCaron and tinorfi as well. If all 4 of these gus reach there potential we will be in business

and Hudon and Andrighetto too! :)

Especially McCarron. The thing is its hard to gauge McCarron's potential. Such a steep development curve is pretty encouraging.

Tinordi would be the icing on the cake. I'm willing to be patient with him but I'm a little less confident in him panning out then I was. Still no need to write him off at all. He's got the tools.

What I like about our top 5 prospects or so is that they seem to have few question marks. We're not hoping on Yannick Webers or Louis Leblancs or Matt D'agostinis

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows

Especially McCarron. The thing is its hard to gauge McCarron's potential. Such a steep development curve is pretty encouraging.

Tinordi would be the icing on the cake. I'm willing to be patient with him but I'm a little less confident in him panning out then I was. Still no need to write him off at all. He's got the tools.

What I like about our top 5 prospects or so is that they seem to have few question marks. We're not hoping on Yannick Webers or Louis Leblancs or Matt D'agostinis

Id be happy with a 3rd line 35pt guy who brings a lot of other things (defense, hitting, net presence, etc) ... anything more is a bonus

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Let's see...6'2 200 pounds and he is not quite 20.
If he continues improving his strength and quickness this kid will be a steal in the first round. I expect him to play 21-30 games and score around 16-17 points. He will impress.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Let's see...6'2 200 pounds and he is not quite 20.
If he continues improving his strength and quickness this kid will be a steal in the first round. I expect him to play 21-30 games and score around 16-17 points. He will impress.

If he puts up 16-17 points in 21-30 games, you can guarantee he'd be playing more than just 21-30 games. I think that's an extremely optimistic expectation, but I hope you're right.

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
If he puts up 16-17 points in 21-30 games, you can guarantee he'd be playing more than just 21-30 games. I think that's an extremely optimistic expectation, but I hope you're right.

Exactly. At this point it appears as though there is a spot for a rookie in our top 9 (maybe top 6)...i think Andrighetto and Hudon have a leg up on Scherbak at this point, but it will make for a very interesting camp if we dont add a vet top 6F between now and then!

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
Little late but I saw Scherbak wearing a knee brace at prospect camp has anyone heard any update on his injury?

Scott Wheeler from McKeens:

Scherbak is frighteningly-good. Few on planet earth can shoot like he can, and it’s not even his best weapon.

#Finished reports for Zacha, Klimchuk, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Larkin and Scherbak today. The latter two have the chance to be special.

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal

Scherbak is frighteningly-good. Few on planet earth can shoot like he can, and it’s not even his best weapon.

#Finished reports for Zacha, Klimchuk, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Larkin and Scherbak today. The latter two have the chance to be special.

if i may add :

Scott Wheeler ‏@scottcwheeler 1h1 hour ago
And the curl off the boards to fire in stride is nearly an unstoppable move. He scored on it more often than not if he’s give the space.

Defenders assume he’s not in a scoring area but a dropped shoulder and a couple strides later they’re pushed back and he’s getting it off.

Scott Wheeler ‏@scottcwheeler 1h1 hour ago
You’ve got an incredible talent there @HabsEOTP.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I know I'm excited to see what he can do as a pro now, so skilled and a treat to watch wherever he plays next year. shooting, passing, deke, skating, speed, size. If he can play passable defense look out.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005

The depth may be there but they'll be competing against more talented prospects and young veterans on other teams. Just look at the past few drafts.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I like Scherbak a lot but the "few on planet Earth can shoot it like him" is a huge exageration.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
AK would get absolutely rocked every game or two. Concussions everywhere. Getting hit is tough but he would just get nailed with his head down or looking the other way. Scherbak had better not play that way.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
What might Scherbak's rank be in a redraft of 2014?

the russian factor was huge in 2014, he was and clearly still is a top10 in the 2014 draft. with the KHL crashing. you will see more and more russians drafted in the first round. player like tarasenko wont be dropping that far! maybe we will put scherbak next to tarasenko in the next few years whos knows :)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What might Scherbak's rank be in a redraft of 2014?

Without looking at the 2014 draft and going off the top of my head, I'll say top-10. I remember scouts saying he had top-10 talent in the draft. It's crazy that we got him in the 20s, but that's where the Russian factor comes into play. Now he's bigger as well. He's gonna be great. I hope we don't rush him, though.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Without looking at the 2014 draft and going off the top of my head, I'll say top-10. I remember scouts saying he had top-10 talent in the draft. It's crazy that we got him in the 20s, but that's where the Russian factor comes into play. Now he's bigger as well. He's gonna be great. I hope we don't rush him, though.

haha damn i suppose you wrote that pretty much at the same time as me lol

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I think Scherbak will be a top six forward for yrs. but not this year. Semin is a veteran NHL winger with beauty talent, making $5.8 mil a yr. for a reason, this guy's great and Nikita could learn lots if he makes it as our 13th forward though.:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad