Player Discussion Nikita Scherbak: Scherby-Dooby-Doo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I reckon he won't be here 3 months from now.
How about 3 weeks from now?

Armia is gone for a month and half to two months but we still have Weber and Byron coming back. They can send Agostino back down but what happens if Weber is ready to return in 3 weeks and no one else is injured?

The only other option is to send Mete and/or Juulsen down.

When Weber returns in about 3 weeks and one else goes down a decision will have to be made.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sounds like a Galchenyuk, minus the lethal snipe ability and a 30-goal season.

Problem is, this Galchenyuk lesser clone won't even fetch a lesser Domi clone on the market, if one existed.

He hasn't been able to crack the NHL lineup, his NHL coach doesn't even value him enough to play him one game, his AHL coach is dissing his work habits and there will soon be another musical chair situation and someone will have to go. He's a project at best. I think he'd make a great throw-in in a larger trade at this point. Trading him on his own doesn't look like a winning proposition right now.

yea he has some Galchenyuk traits, neither will ever be guys that stand out for their defensive play but he makes things happen in the offensive zone. But you have to give him rope, put him in position to succeed so it's either put him with guys that can convert his chances or don't bother dressing him. And that is why you can see how posters won't like him, he's not the hardest working, he's frustrating as he does stuff out there that you just go wtf was he thinking but he also can feather a pass that is a thing of beauty, a no look behind the back pass that most guys wouldn't even try, or go in and snipe it or deke it.

He has skills but his game is still too far behind, he needs to play in the AHL for a full year, stay healthy, be put in a good situation with a smart coach. I don't agree with Bouchard here, I don't think putting him with rookies like Vejdemo, Jevpalovs is the way to go. I'd put him with Froese, Chaput, Agostino (if he were there). Put him with vets that can convert his chances.

But in the end I don't see it working out, I don't think he'll clear waivers so I assume we trade him for very little return and he ends up in the KHL in 2 years or so unless someone sees that this kid has skills but is raw and needs someone to motivate him, realize that he's lost a lot of time to injury and for a kid that if he was born 2 days later would of had an extra year in the AHL instead of playing half of his first year at 19 when he wasn't physically mature at all. It will be interesting to see what they do with him, but I said all summer it likely won't end well here with CJ and Scherbak. We are talking about a coach that would likely have waivers Shaw out there then Scherbak who can do things with the puck that waivers Shaw can't even dream of (ok that's laying it on thick there) but still because Scherbak can't be trusted to do the right thing so we win 2-1 vs trying to work with him all year to get him to the point that he helps you win games with his offense and you live with the mental mistakes he makes.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
yea he has some Galchenyuk traits, neither will ever be guys that stand out for their defensive play but he makes things happen in the offensive zone. But you have to give him rope, put him in position to succeed so it's either put him with guys that can convert his chances or don't bother dressing him. And that is why you can see how posters won't like him, he's not the hardest working, he's frustrating as he does stuff out there that you just go wtf was he thinking but he also can feather a pass that is a thing of beauty, a no look behind the back pass that most guys wouldn't even try, or go in and snipe it or deke it.

He has skills but his game is still too far behind, he needs to play in the AHL for a full year, stay healthy, be put in a good situation with a smart coach. I don't agree with Bouchard here, I don't think putting him with rookies like Vejdemo, Jevpalovs is the way to go. I'd put him with Froese, Chaput, Agostino (if he were there). Put him with vets that can convert his chances.

But in the end I don't see it working out, I don't think he'll clear waivers so I assume we trade him for very little return and he ends up in the KHL in 2 years or so unless someone sees that this kid has skills but is raw and needs someone to motivate him, realize that he's lost a lot of time to injury and for a kid that if he was born 2 days later would of had an extra year in the AHL instead of playing half of his first year at 19 when he wasn't physically mature at all. It will be interesting to see what they do with him, but I said all summer it likely won't end well here with CJ and Scherbak. We are talking about a coach that would likely have waivers Shaw out there then Scherbak who can do things with the puck that waivers Shaw can't even dream of (ok that's laying it on thick there) but still because Scherbak can't be trusted to do the right thing so we win 2-1 vs trying to work with him all year to get him to the point that he helps you win games with his offense and you live with the mental mistakes he makes.

You saw alote of 2-1 wins this year ? Where tied 5th in the league for goals scoring ! Stop to always put that on the coach, Sherbeurk did NOTHING to earn a spot in this lineup, he just has to stop being lazy and start to put a little bit of wheel in his game

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You saw alote of 2-1 wins this year ? Where tied 5th in the league for goals scoring ! Stop to always put that on the coach, Sherbeurk did NOTHING to earn a spot in this lineup, he just has to stop being lazy and start to put a little bit of wheel in his game

was talking about last year, if there's no injuries I don't see Scherbak getting a look on the top 6 this year.

Scherbak was on pace for 87 pts last year in the AHL at 21/22, that's doing something to earn a spot in the NHL. He is a skilled offensive player that needs to be better defensively, but for someone like CJ he's not going to like that kind of player despite having a better version in Drouin.

Jul 6, 2016

Jevpalovs had an unintentional knee-on-knee collision last game and once that happened, he never returned. So I was expecting him to be out.

I don't recall seeing anything happen to Fleury. So it's gotta be one of those hockey injuries players get throughout the season.

Also out tonight, Scherbak. He's still out with an injury. So Habs will surely call him up later today since tonight's game against Toronto would have been his last game no matter what. So I'm guessing Scherbak will get called up and placed on IR since the Habs' roster is at 23.

...and when healthy again, will be traded.....

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So we still have 12 forwards on this trip... could see a re-call after 17h00

I don't think we will tonight. The roster is at 23. Only way they call someone up is if they place Scherbak on IR. Or if they make a trade in which they don't get a roster player back. Or they send someone to Laval. Juulsen and Mete don't need waivers. Anyone else does and they'd have to place them at noon tomorrow and wait until Friday noon to see if he gets claimed or they can send him down to Laval. Then they open up a spot to call someone up. It won't happen today.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
H
was talking about last year, if there's no injuries I don't see Scherbak getting a look on the top 6 this year.

Scherbak was on pace for 87 pts last year in the AHL at 21/22, that's doing something to earn a spot in the NHL. He is a skilled offensive player that needs to be better defensively, but for someone like CJ he's not going to like that kind of player despite having a better version in Drouin.
hes too injury prone and lacks consistency. He’s been around long enough to get his shot. Besides, You don’t hang onto someone who’s constantly getting hurt and having his season derailed every year. I’m not sure if I’d say he has better anything than drouin. That might be a stretch.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So we still have 12 forwards on this trip... could see a re-call after 17h00

Perhaps Mete will be put at forward if there's an injury during the trip and it's not possible to call someone up in time.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

And what did Alzner do to earn a spot? The day this team will hold vets accountable the same way they do with kids is the day this team will be able to move forward and maybe win something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad