Status
Not open for further replies.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
OKIC.

I'd always thought it was based on NHL games played and not including the AHL. Might as well keep him up.

That's only if they are CHL-eligible, in which case the contract just "slides".

For example, Horvat is signed, but his contract slides this year as he played 0 NHL games.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
If Jensen doesn't score against Minny...are people going to start labelling him a bust? hahah

I remember someone saying he was probably due for a 10-game or so goalless drought, based on his NHL shooting pace and AHL SH%. As for assists though...?

Soth

Feb 18, 2010
Yeah not a great game for Jensen today.

Tomorrow will be an important game for him, see how he bounces back after a lack-luster performance without much rest in between.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Wow, the Canucks roster page has actually updated Jensen to his current listing of 6'3 202lbs from 6'2.

Very impressed, usually it takes like two years for them to change this :laugh:

Maybe EA will catch on now, because he's been 6'3 186 for the last three years with them.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
The Burrows - Henrik - Jensen line seems like the ideal fit for him. It has the puck retriever, setup man and sniper. Kesler and Jensen doesn't look like a fit as they like being in the same ice in the offensive zone. Makes me wonder is Jensen with Daniel and Richardson would work fundamentally the same way.

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
The Burrows - Henrik - Jensen line seems like the ideal fit for him. It has the puck retriever, setup man and sniper. Kesler and Jensen doesn't look like a fit as they like being in the same ice in the offensive zone. Makes me wonder is Jensen with Daniel and Richardson would work fundamentally the same way.
Usually, Henrik's the puck carrier in to the zone and dishes the puck to one of the wingers.

Can you imagine Richardson doing that?

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Playmakers:
Henrik
Daniel

Puck Retreivers:
Burrows
Higgins

Snipers:
Kesler
Jensen

Crease Crashers:
Booth
Kassian
Matthais

Top 2 lines should have no more than 1 guy on each line. So yes, the Sedins should carry their own lines.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Playmakers:
Henrik
Daniel

Puck Retreivers:
Burrows
Higgins

Snipers:
Kesler
Jensen

Crease Crashers:
Booth
Kassian
Matthais

Top 2 lines should have no more than 1 guy on each line. So yes, the Sedins should carry their own lines.

So cut and dry. Just like a video game!

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
So cut and dry. Just like a video game!

You might as well add Santorelli, Schroeder and Dalpe as playmakers. While I'm at it, change 'puck retrievers' to 'grinders', 'creash crashers' to 'power forwards' and it starts to sound very familiar! Didn't they used to have those and an archetype called 'two-way forward' as well in the NHL games?

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
You might as well add Santorelli, Schroeder and Dalpe as playmakers. While I'm at it, change 'puck retrievers' to 'grinders', 'creash crashers' to 'power forwards' and it starts to sound very familiar! Didn't they used to have those and an archetype called 'two-way forward' as well in the NHL games?

Indeed. I think there's a real distinction between 2-way forward and "puck retrievers". The type of guys you can pencil in to make up for defensive inadequacies in other linemates (i.e. Tyler Bozak/Dave Bolland etc).

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Indeed. I think there's a real distinction between 2-way forward and "puck retrievers". The type of guys you can pencil in to make up for defensive inadequacies in other linemates (i.e. Tyler Bozak/Dave Bolland etc).

are you saying that tyler bozak makes up for defensive inadequacies instead of causing them?

Patchey*

Don't forget to make Kassian an Enforcer. He is a goon after all ;)

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
Don't forget to make Kassian an Enforcer. He is a goon after all ;)

Ah yes, that too. :laugh:

are you saying that tyler bozak makes up for defensive inadequacies instead of causing them?

I guess it could make sense if you think of it as him being a guy who theoretically is supposed to be the faceoff-winning, responsible two-way presence on Toronto's top line if you buy what their coach/traditional media tells you, and with the default player ratings often not being too accurate... at least the ones I've seen in-game.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
So over 14 games, Jensen has put together a 35 point pace.

Is that a fairly reasonably expectation for him, going into next year?

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
So over 14 games, Jensen has put together a 35 point pace.

Is that a fairly reasonably expectation for him, going into next year?

In all honesty, I hope the team is improved enough for him to be back in the AHL, fighting with Shinkaruk for the call up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad