Nicklas Jensen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I'd rather hope he's improved enough to have locked down a spot in the top-6. ;)

You could... But then again, what if we spend ridiculous cap and term on a top 6 wing then Kassian and Jensen push Burrows down to the 3rd line... Then Burrows is Booth 2.0 (only more expensive for 3 years and a NTC) and Hansen is a 2.5 mil 4th liner...

No knock on Jensen, and I think he could force himself to the top 6, I just hope that the guys that are being paid the money to produce, do so, and Jensen can develop on an AHL team that is getting stronger (hopefully) next season...

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
we can hope Jensen become our version of Tomas Heltr next season and start to produce...put him with Hank and they should click

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Jensen=Hertl, Kassian=Burns, Horvat in 2 seasons=Cooter, Twins=Jumbo and Marlo, Kesler=Pavelski.

2016 cup!

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I thought he has continued to play well, even though he hasn't been scoring lately. There's a good amount of offensive instincts there IMO, and is showing a lot more quickness out there than I thought.

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
I thought he has continued to play well, even though he hasn't been scoring lately. There's a good amount of offensive instincts there IMO, and is showing a lot more quickness out there than I thought.

also playing the body well to turn over the puck. i think he had a lull after henrik's injury but i've enjoyed watching him play in these last two games, since torts has given him some meaningful minutes again. i really hope he makes the team out of camp next season. i think he can bust his way into the top-6 again in short order.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
more like

Jensen=Tator/Jurco lite Horvat=zetterberg lite Shinkaruk=Nqvist lite Kesler=Kesler Kassasin=Franzen

Detriot formula=Success

How about

Jensen=Jensen, Horvat =Horvat, Shinakruk=Shinkaruk, Kassian=Kassian

And once we win the the cup, teams will get a prospect and be like
"this guys the next Horvat lite"

And people will say "lets not get carried away."

And if there a PWF prospect people will say "he will be good but hes not the next Kassian"

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Really unlucky not to have a goal tonight. And in these sort of small sample sizes, a goal tonight could shift him from a ~35pt player projection to...idk, a lot more pt projection.

The results have dropped off a bit, but i agree, the game is still there. And he has continued to play an all-around game at a very respectable level.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
How about

Jensen=Jensen, Horvat =Horvat, Shinakruk=Shinkaruk, Kassian=Kassian

And once we win the the cup, teams will get a prospect and be like
"this guys the next Horvat lite"

And people will say "lets not get carried away."

And if there a PWF prospect people will say "he will be good but hes not the next Kassian"

If a day comes when the latest 1st round projected PWF prospect is drawing comparisons to Kassian and people tell them to lower their expectations I will die laughing because of all the hate that Kassian would have gotten up to that point.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
If a day comes when the latest 1st round projected PWF prospect is drawing comparisons to Kassian and people tell them to lower their expectations I will die laughing because of all the hate that Kassian would have gotten up to that point.

I guess you weren't around here for Ryan Keslers early years. Ask Wetcoaster how far "stone hands" Kesler will ever get ;). Despite scoring 30 goals in his first full AHL season, he just didn't have the hands to score at the NHL level. It was especially good for those few days after Philly signed him to an offer sheet just below 1st round compensation money. So many opinions that he's a career 3rd liner and you don't trade 1st round picks, even late ones, for 3rd liners. Despite the fact that Kesler himself was a late 1st rounder and showed no signs of regressing from his draft day value where he was selected, coincidentally, in the 1st round.

Wildcarder

Oct 21, 2008
Toronto
I guess you weren't around here for Ryan Keslers early years. Ask Wetcoaster how far "stone hands" Kesler will ever get ;). Despite scoring 30 goals in his first full AHL season, he just didn't have the hands to score at the NHL level. It was especially good for those few days after Philly signed him to an offer sheet just below 1st round compensation money. So many opinions that he's a career 3rd liner and you don't trade 1st round picks, even late ones, for 3rd liners. Despite the fact that Kesler himself was a late 1st rounder and showed no signs of regressing from his draft day value where he was selected, coincidentally, in the 1st round.

Oh god I remember that time. Kesler had so much speed but people said he'd never develop out of his hands of stone to match it. There was actually serious debate on whether not to match that offer sheet. In hindsight it looks silly but I remember a lot of strong opinions on both sides.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Soooooo..... what's the scoop on Jensen? Do people here think he'll make a solid push for a roster spot, or is he AHL-bound, awaiting a call-up?

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I think he starts in the AHL and gets first call-up. With actual talent in the AHL, he should be able to put up real points this season.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Soooooo..... what's the scoop on Jensen? Do people here think he'll make a solid push for a roster spot, or is he AHL-bound, awaiting a call-up?

Hard to say. For me, he showed enough last year to get the start this year but it'll all depend on his camp.

If he's not ready, I have no problem sending him down to Utica and giving him a ton of prime ice-time. He can use the pro experience.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Needs AHL seasoning still.

He looked decent with the Sedins last year for 5 games, but when separated from them looked totally in over his head.

Needs to develop a three-zone game as an elite AHL player before he can enter the NHL equation.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Yea, my lines of thinking were pretty similar. The spots I could see him filling are currently taken by Hansen and Kassian, as well as Dorsett, and possibly Matthias and Vey.

It seems pretty likely that he just joins Gaunce, Fox, and Shinkaruk on the Utica Comets to start the year.

The only thing that changes this is if he has a stellar camp and makes a case for pushing others down the chart. I just don't see that happening this year, necessarily.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Yea, my lines of thinking were pretty similar. The spots I could see him filling are currently taken by Hansen and Kassian, as well as Dorsett, and possibly Matthias and Vey.

It seems pretty likely that he just joins Gaunce, Fox, and Shinkaruk on the Utica Comets to start the year.

The only thing that changes this is if he has a stellar camp and makes a case for pushing others down the chart. I just don't see that happening this year, necessarily.

If he plays well in camp, 2LW is open. Burrows can be on the 3rd line, if need be.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
If he plays well in camp, 2LW is open. Burrows can be on the 3rd line, if need be.

I like Jensen on the RW a lot more.

Burrows can only move down if someone is moved out. Ideally, I'd like to see Burrows simply moved out.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I like Jensen on the RW a lot more.

Burrows can only move down if someone is moved out. Ideally, I'd like to see Burrows simply moved out.

I too like Jensen on RW more but with Vrbata and Kassian, the top-6 RW spots are filled.

I guess it would be better to just keep in Utica than try to make it work on his off side, unless he takes a big step this summer.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I too like Jensen on RW more but with Vrbata and Kassian, the top-6 RW spots are filled.

I guess it would be better to just keep in Utica than try to make it work on his off side, unless he takes a big step this summer.

Yeah, I don't think it's worth bringing him up to mess around with putting him on his off side. If he plays well enough to make the team, he's pushing Hansen out of the 3RW, whether it is him or Kassian taking the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad