Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I don't think KK is a future star center either. I think he's more of a potential 60 odd point two way center if he works on the right things. I can't say my projection changed much since the draft.

Suzuki seems like he has elite upside. Not saying he'll be a top 10 scorer, but he does everything you want from a center.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
We may have had Vilardi if the LA trade would have gone through,

For now, I prefer Suzuki to Vilardi/Glass.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think we're going to look back in a few years on posts like this and snicker.

That isn't a knock in any way on kk, but it's clear as day that Suzuki has all the upside potential in the world.
Suzuki's a couple of years older. And quite frankly I thought KK looked great last year. I don't think there should be snickering even if Suzuki produces and KK busts. I still think KK has a lot of upside.

And his comments show that he really doesn't think a whole lot of CJ. Still feel like his coach has been an idiot with him.

Reactions: Redux91

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Suzuki's a couple of years older. And quite frankly I thought KK looked great last year. I don't think there should be snickering even if Suzuki produces and KK busts. I still think KK has a lot of upside.

And his comments show that he really doesn't think a whole lot of CJ. Still feel like his coach has been an idiot with him.
I didn't mean snickering in a condescending way. I just think we'll be really really happy with Suzuki.

I read somewhere here that there was a great debate on the Hawks board on who would be the best defender between Barker (3oa) Seabrook (7oa) and Keith (second rounder).

For the longest time posters insisted on ranking them according to their draft position, which seems kind of funny today.

In this scenario, Suzuki is Duncan Keith.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I didn't mean snickering in a condescending way. I just think we'll be really really happy with Suzuki.

I read somewhere here that there was a great debate on the Hawks board on who would be the best defender between Barker (3oa) Seabrook (7oa) and Keith (second rounder).

For the longest time posters insisted on ranking them according to their draft position, which seems kind of funny today.

In this scenario, Suzuki is Duncan Keith.
Suzuki has been great. Can't ask much more from him and I'm glad CJ is giving him some ice.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
He's pretty much sure to get 50 points this year.

Question is, can he get 60 ?

If he does, with his two way play, that would be pretty damn impressive.
He would need to stay PPG which he actually has been for 20 games now. Unlikely but it's not impossible. That's what it would take to win the Calder

Reactions: Andrei79

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
We may have had Vilardi if the LA trade would have gone through,

For now, I prefer Suzuki to Vilardi/Glass.
Add Borgstrom and Heponiemi as well. Suzuki is the best of the center prospects that were being peddled. Thomas and Kyrou from St. Louis as well.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He would need to stay PPG which he actually has been for 20 games now. Unlikely but it's not impossible. That's what it would take to win the Calder

19 points in the last 22 games - i.e. since his breakout game in Calgary.
Plus, he will be getting better linemates if we can stay healthy when Drouin comes back.

Reactions: DangerDave

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
It’s been a while we were looking for someone like him... That’s a two way center.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
They're two different kinds of players, and I think Suzuki is easily the higher ability player at the moment. I think we can all agree Suzuki right now is morealso much likely to reach his ceiling, but KK has the potential to be a tilt the ice kind of dominating playmaker with size that is nothing to sneeze at. I think once his body is filled out he will be able to play heavier on the boards and protect the puck easier. Plus now that he's with Bouchard he'll grow his game.

Suzuki's moves tonight we're just awesome to watch. With fantastic vision and reading of the play, plus his discipline to not force dekes, could Pavel Datsyuk be a comparable for Suzuki (style wise obviously, not overall ability)? He reminds me of him in the way he is always in great position and has explosive skill that can catch defenders off guard.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Imagine if Suzuki had quality linemates all year, or in the future, instead of Beer Leaguers and Bergy's thrift shop specials?
I'm starting to think imagination is a four-letter word in Montreal. Montreal actual has a number 1 line if they would play Suzuki with Kovalchuk and Armia like they did a few games back.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
They're two different kinds of players, and I think Suzuki is easily the higher ability player at the moment. I think we can all agree Suzuki right now is morealso much likely to reach his ceiling, but KK has the potential to be a tilt the ice kind of dominating playmaker with size that is nothing to sneeze at. I think once his body is filled out he will be able to play heavier on the boards and protect the puck easier. Plus now that he's with Bouchard he'll grow his game.

Suzuki's moves tonight we're just awesome to watch. With fantastic vision and reading of the play, plus his discipline to not force dekes, could Pavel Datsyuk be a comparable for Suzuki (style wise obviously, not overall ability)? He reminds me of him in the way he is always in great position and has explosive skill that can catch defenders off guard.

Yes, that's who he compares to. Even the skating style and long stick.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Imagine if Suzuki had quality linemates all year, or in the future, instead of Beer Leaguers and Bergy's thrift shop specials?
He's not looking for players in the mold of Nyquist apparently, who has known chemistry with our most productive winger and has played top-6 most his career. Guys like Weal and Cap Space fit our style (read "pockets") way better.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
You know, everyone is talking about Hughes for the Calder, but if this continues I wouldn't be surprised if Suzuki is a major part of the conversation at the end of the season. Especially if the season is lost with 15 games to go, they may play him even more.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
I don't think KK is a future star center either. I think he's more of a potential 60 odd point two way center if he works on the right things. I can't say my projection changed much since the draft.

Suzuki seems like he has elite upside. Not saying he'll be a top 10 scorer, but he does everything you want from a center.

Did you believe this February 2019 (when he was 19) after he came back from a disappointing WJC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad