Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Suzuki will be a star. He's such a great hockey player and he knows it.

If he can improve his skating where it gives him a slight edge in time and space, watch this kid take off! Added a lot of muscle this past off season and it was something he knew he needed. Now, what does he do this summer? Only thing holding him back from being a star is a bit better skating where it gives him an edge and he can take advantage of his vision and offensive skills with slightly more time and space.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
That is one fugly vehicule :laugh: I actually kinda like it, it has a lot of personality !
They're gorgeous actually. That one is just busted. Probably the best small off roader ever made.

images

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Suzuki will be a star. He's such a great hockey player and he knows it.

I love his disposition. His attitude reminds me of Sakic.

Cool, calm, collected and all about business. He seems like a very smart kids too, knew his weaknesses and how to work on them.

You never really know with these kids, but man this is the one forward since Koivu I feel could develop into a legitimate 80 point+ star with us.

And since everyone keeps talking about Tkachuk, just a reminder that Suzuki's only 1 month older.

tnq

Feb 16, 2004
I love his disposition. His attitude reminds me of Sakic.

Cool, calm, collected and all about business. He seems like a very smart kids too, knew his weaknesses and how to work on them.

You never really know with these kids, but man this is the one forward since Koivu I feel could develop into a legitimate 80 point+ star with us.

And since everyone keeps talking about Tkachuk, just a reminder that Suzuki's only 1 month older.
Sakic is better on skate, Suzuki has better hands. Well but Suzuki remind me alot of Sakic, not flashy but very effective.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Sakic is better on skate, Suzuki has better hands. Well but Suzuki remind me alot of Sakic, not flashy but very effective.
Sakic wasnt flashy? One of the most entertaining player Ive ever watched. What do you mean by "flashy"?

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Going back to talking trades, the top 6 and the future top 6 has many projected small players.

Tatar, Domi, Drouin, Gallagher and Caufield are all around 5'10" and under (Drouin didn't grow 2 inches since the draft).

Domi, Tatar and Drouin are pretty much the same style of player. Something's got to give, one or two of this guys will have to go, especially if the team wants to resign Kovalchuk (I'd prefer Hall, but that's not realistic). Drouin's the best of the bunch, while Tatar and Domi have quite a bit of value. They can either net us good prospects or high picks. Domi could get us a young high end D prospect. Heck, the Jets were apparently offering something ridiculous for him.

MB can set this team up really well for the next few years, he has the assets. He needs to get off his clown ass, trade from a position of strength for defensemen (and size), tank this year so we get a chance at, minimally, Raymond, build up the AHL team and add more size.

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Sakic wasnt flashy? One of the most entertaining player Ive ever watched. What do you mean by "flashy"?

I understood what they meant. Sakic was one of the most efficient players I think I’ve ever watched. I don’t think he was considered flashy at all, despite the fact he was for sure an entertaining player to watch.

Look no further than his own teammate in Forsberg, he was far flashier, but was he really more effective? I don’t think so.

Suzuki is also a damn fun player to watch, but he doesn’t do it the way a guy like Patrick Kane does it either.

tnq

Feb 16, 2004
I understood what they meant. Sakic was one of the most efficient players I think I’ve ever watched. I don’t think he was considered flashy at all, despite the fact he was for sure an entertaining player to watch.

Look no further than his own teammate in Forsberg, he was far flashier, but was he really more effective? I don’t think so.

Suzuki is also a damn fun player to watch, but he doesn’t do it the way a guy like Patrick Kane does it either.
thx buddy for clarify

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Agree on Domi and Drouin, disagree on Tatar. He's much more efficient at using his linemates, he's equally adept at creating plays and finishing, more tanatious in puck battles than Drouin and better defensively than both.
Tatar is ok defensively and appears to be better than Drouin, but not necessarily better than Domi. I'd say about the same.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

Exactly. Suzuki can certainly break ankles but he'll only do it if it's the highest percentage play. Quite a contrast to Domi who looks like he just wants to make the TSN top 10.

I much prefer watching Suzuki even if he isn't as flashy.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Exactly. Suzuki can certainly break ankles but he'll only do it if it's the highest percentage play. Quite a contrast to Domi who looks like he just wants to make the TSN top 10.

I much prefer watching Suzuki even if he isn't as flashy.

That's what his game winning goal in Calgary portrayed. It truly is.

That, and the obsession with dangles in the o-zone. Like early Drouin, confused Galchenyuk.

Reactions: DangerDave

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
I would not call Foreberg flashy. He was a strong player who could possess the puck and great at passing to people who could finish like Sakic. The problem Foresberg had is that he could not keep healthy.

Reactions: DangerDave

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I do not see all the qualities to be a star. He will be a good player. Hope I am wrong and he becomes a star.
He's already facing top competition and has averaged close to PPG since he's been put at center. Very impressive for a guy who's only a month older than Tkatchuk.

Unless he ceases to progress suddenly, it's very likely he's our 1C

Reactions: Ben Chariot

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
He's already facing top competition and has averaged close to PPG since he's been put at center. Very impressive for a guy who's only a month older than Tkatchuk.

Unless he ceases to progress suddenly, it's very likely he's our 1C

He should be used as such right from training camp next year.
I would actually entertain leaving Kotkaniemi in the AHL a whole more year if it can get his progression back on track.

Kovalchuk - Suzuki - Gallagher
Tatar - Danault - Armia
Drouin - Domi - Lehkonen
Whatever - Whatever - Whatever

Sure would look fine to start next season. The D is what must be better.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
He should be used as such right from training camp next year.
I would actually entertain leaving Kotkaniemi in the AHL a whole more year if it can get his progression back on track.

Kovalchuk - Suzuki - Gallagher
Tatar - Danault - Armia
Drouin - Domi - Lehkonen
Whatever - Whatever - Whatever

Sure would look fine to start next season. The D is what must be better.
Yeah I like those lines. That's actually pretty damn good offensively. Need a boost on defense for sure.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Suzuki is a good example of what happens when you nurture and challenge a player...instead of scolding and suffocating him at the slightest mistake.

His development curve this year should serve as an example for the coaching staff to follow.

He's come a long way from preseason to today.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Suzuki is a good example of what happens when you nurture and challenge a player...instead of scolding and suffocating him at the slightest mistake.

His development curve this year should serve as an example for the coaching staff to follow.

Suzuki has a quality I do not see in a lot of our prospects and that is a confidence in himself. He carries himself on the ice like he knows he's a good hockey player. Gallagher and Plekanec had the same attitude. They never seemed phased by their mistakes.

I'm not sure if this confidence is the result of the coach showing confidence in him, but like I said, it's a quality I have not seen a lot in the team's prospects recently.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario

It just shows us as fans how long it's actually been since we had a grade A prospect in our line-up..........way too long!!!!

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Suzuki has a quality I do not see in a lot of our prospects and that is a confidence in himself. He carries himself on the ice like he knows he's a good hockey player. Gallagher and Plekanec had the same attitude. They never seemed phased by their mistakes.
Oddly enough, early in the year, I didn't see this quality in Suzuki...I saw a player who was obviously talented but very timid, I saw a player who would defer to veterans on his line almost by default. I saw a player who avoided all physical confrontations in order not to be caught out of position.

Now, the player i've watched over the last 20-25 games, is exactly how you describe above.

I'm not sure if this confidence is the result of the coach showing confidence in him, but like I said, it's a quality I have not seen a lot in the team's prospects recently.

I'm sure it's a combination of a lot of things...but I guarantee the factor of playing without the threat of a quick hook hanging over you goes a long way.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It just shows us as fans how long it's actually been since we had a grade A prospect in our line-up..........way too long!!!!
Meh...we'll see.

Suzuki is the shiny new toy right now...that lustre will wear off eventually.

We'll see if we're as patient this time next year or if we start to "eat our own" like we do all the time.

Reactions: jaffy27 and CHarlie

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Meh...we'll see.

Suzuki is the shiny new toy right now...that lustre will wear off eventually.

We'll see if we're as patient this time next year or if we start to "eat our own" like we do all the time.

I hope not, we do deserve one good thing after all these years of misery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->