Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
the article said the 20th OA was in play but since Pac didn't agree to re-sign it fell through. So to me he got real lucky since you keep saying how bad Timmins is, Suzuki is clearly the better option then a 20th OA pick.

So if I feel like saying he got lucky then I will, you don't agree that's fine.
For the millionth time, neither you or I know what the real package was... So if you want to think that Suzuki(who Bergevin literally said had him top 10 in 2017) was worth the same as the 20th OA pick then go right ahead but it makes no f***ing sense.

It'd be no different than me saying Kings offered 1st in 2018, unprotected 1st in 2019 and Jake Muzzin and that Bergevin got unlucky. None of us know if he got lucky or unlucky.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For the millionth time, neither you or I know what the real package was... So if you want to think that Suzuki(who Bergevin literally said had him top 10 in 2017) was worth the same as the 20th OA pick then go right ahead but it makes no f*cking sense.

It'd be no different than me saying Kings offered 1st in 2018, unprotected 1st in 2019 and Jake Muzzin and that Bergevin got unlucky. None of us know if he got lucky or unlucky.

He got lucky if the deal was for the 20th OA and any LA prospect. The guy clearly sucks at his job.

BeastMode420

Jan 30, 2018
I will say it again. The Pacioretty trade was a major steal ... Next year we are Stanley Cup-bound, guarantee. Kotkaniemi will breakout and Poehling will center the third line ... With all the cap space that we have as an organization, another Armia type deal is very plausible. ANOTHER STEAL THERE !

Suzuki is a PPG player.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Suzuki is the most valuable asset of the organization right now. A rookie RHS center, developping beyond expectations and showing the poise and IQ of a veteran. Yeah, thank god for that.

Yep, and I would have never guessed it before this season started. I was very high on Poehling, Kotkaniemi, Mete, Juulsen, Caufield... but Suzuki... I didn't like his speed and skating. I thought it would hold him back in the NHL.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Yep, and I would have never guessed it before this season started. I was very high on Poehling, Kotkaniemi, Mete, Juulsen, Caufield... but Suzuki... I didn't like his speed and skating. I thought it would hold him back in the NHL.
He was never slow or weak. Not since his rookie OHL season anyways. That was just some false narrative that spread here for whatever reason. They weren't his main asset like most high end picks but never underestimate good IQ, vision and skill

Reactions: Roadhouse

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I think he'll be our center version of what Markov was at his prime.

Never in the top tier of players at his position (Lidstrom, Pronger, Chara, etc.) but at the top of the next tier.

So he'll never be in the MacKinnon/Draisatl/Eichel/McDavid/Matthews/Barkov tier but he'll be in the Seguin/Giroux/Backstrom/Aho tier.

Accurate, or too optimistic?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
He was never slow or weak. Not since his rookie OHL season anyways. That was just some false narrative that spread here for whatever reason. They weren't his main asset like most high end picks but never underestimate good IQ, vision and skill

I make my own idea about things. I saw him and thought he wasn't very fast, didn't get that from reading anything on here. I don't think it's a false narrative either. He's not a super fast skater. But he's deceptively strong on his skates though for his age/size. You don't see him fall on his ass all the time like Kotkaniemi. But he has such high hockey IQ that I don't know how much of that is him avoiding fighting phsyical battles he can't win because he's just smarter. At any rate, he has surprised me big time. Didn't like him in the U20s, and while he was impressive in the O playoffs, he was playing a role that you don't usually see forwards play in the NHL.. he was playing as much as a dman. But yeah happy to be wrong.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010

Never in the top tier of players at his position (Lidstrom, Pronger, Chara, etc.) but at the top of the next tier.

So he'll never be in the MacKinnon/Draisatl/Eichel/McDavid/Matthews/Barkov tier but he'll be in the Seguin/Giroux/Backstrom/Aho tier.

Good analogy.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I will say it again. The Pacioretty trade was a major steal ... Next year we are Stanley Cup-bound, guarantee. Kotkaniemi will breakout and Poehling will center the third line ... With all the cap space that we have as an organization, another Armia type deal is very plausible. ANOTHER STEAL THERE !

Suzuki is a PPG player.

Da plan!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I would love that. Basically by top tier you mean elite. I think those players you named will all be hall of famers. I'm hoping Suzuki is Ryan O'Reilly. CJ mentioned Krejci. But I hopr he has a better career than that.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

I think you're right. He'll likely be a very good 1C that you can absolutely compete with.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Suzuki is a PPG player.

You related to S Bah ?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'm most definitely not saying Suzuki will be as good as Datsyuk.

But, stylewise, look at this video and you gotta admit they play a similar game.

Reactions: ginomini and FLHabs

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Happy someone else sees it :D. The skating, the fakes, the stickhandling, the IQ and the way they find space, they're the same style of player.
Yeah I compared the two a while back now. Seeing that video of Datsyuk really confirms it. Especially those clips where Datsyuk goes into traffic and just deposits the puck in open ice where his teammate is heading. Nobody else does that. Eerily similar.

Reactions: Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Yeah I compared the two a while back now. Seeing that video of Datsyuk really confirms it. Especially those clips where Datsyuk goes into traffic and just deposits the puck in open ice where his teammate is heading. Nobody else does that. Eerily similar.

If they ruin him I'll have an aneurysm.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Man, Suzuki gave an interview today and he had a tight shirt on and the boy has trap for dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys.

He's bulky as f***.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

I hope the habs do this. Would be nice to see him in the playoffs again after he dominated the OHL playoffs last year.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

It's not going to happen though. We have the dumbest GM in the league at the helm, so I'm not keeping my hopes up

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Thanks to TDL and this board I see that this was a horrible trade. Could you imagine if MB had traded Max at the TDL before he got Suzuki. We could of had the 25th pick in the draft instead of Suzuki.

Could you imagine the teams future if they had Dominik Bokk on it, we would probably be winning a cup this year for sure.

Stupid trade. Remember the lesson always trade your non-UFA's at TDL or you might wind up with some crappy player like Suzuki.

Reactions: ginomini

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Thanks to TDL and this board I see that this was a horrible trade. Could you imagine if MB had traded Max at the TDL before he got Suzuki. We could of had the 25th pick in the draft instead of Suzuki.

Could you imagine the teams future if they had Dominik Bokk on it, we would probably be winning a cup this year for sure.

Stupid trade. Remember the lesson always trade your non-UFA's at TDL or you might wind up with some crappy player like Suzuki.
Umm, if you haven’t noticed? Most of the players we have traded, over the last 5-6 years, have either won the Stanley Cup or have a reasonable shot at it for the next 5-6 years... Has anyone else noticed this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad