Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
If you are a center and playing hard D you should have more than 6 penalty minutes in 67 games. Any one who knows hockey, knows if you are playing good hard D you are going to get incidental penalties from time to time. -14 also says something to me. A center is like your third D.

He needs to improve his D and battle harder for the puck. He looses too many puck battles along the board.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
If you are a center and playing hard D you should have more than 6 penalty minutes in 67 games. Any one who knows hockey, knows if you are playing good hard D you are going to get incidental penalties from time to time. -14 also says something to me. A center is like your third D.

He needs to improve his D and battle harder for the puck. He looses too many puck battles along the board.

Exactly, Pavel Datsyuk, for example, has low PIMs precisely because he was poor defensively and a poor battler.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

RoR says hi

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

I think we found a replacement for Coach's Corner!!

Reactions: barbu and Mrb1p

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
Suzukbust?

I think he is a good player, but has some stuff to work on. I do not think he is the next Connor McDavid, but will be a good solid player.

I also think it is a long season and younger players get fatigued. Also second year can be an up and down. I think you start to see players start to perform in year 3 or 4.

I wish CJ had figured out a way to have him and Domi on the same line. The chemistry was not there, but not sure CJ really gave it enough time or fostered it. Both players are talented but need some higher end offensive players to work with than what we have given them. I think we need a coach who can develop a young team and coach an established one when they start to mature.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think he is a good player, but has some stuff to work on. I do not think he is the next Connor McDavid, but will be a good solid player.

I also think it is a long season and younger players get fatigued. Also second year can be an up and down. I think you start to see players start to perform in year 3 or 4.

I wish CJ had figured out a way to have him and Domi on the same line. The chemistry was not there, but not sure CJ really gave it enough time or fostered it. Both players are talented but need some higher end offensive players to work with than what we have given them. I think we need a coach who can develop a young team and coach an established one when they start to mature.
He’ll be fine. I was kdn

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I believe in our core.

images

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Hi Claude...

It's a long season for all players, not just rookies...

They ALL get tired.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad