Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Wow, I just realized he has only 6 penalty minutes. If you go back to junior he only had 44 PIM in 251 games played.

Nick is the smartest and most disciplined player on the Habs.

I've always thought this was a pretty underrated skill, especially in the league today when most of the games are so tight, a few fewer penalties can be the difference between making the playoffs or not.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I've always thought this was a pretty underrated skill, especially in the league today when most of the games are so tight, a few fewer penalties can be the difference between making the playoffs or not.
If Kotkaniemi reminds me of Bobby Smith, Suzuki reminds me of Stan Mikita. I hope he can be even close to the player Stan was.

Reactions: DAChampion

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
FIcdTVc.png

74Tv402.png

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I was thinking about this today... Bergevin deserve the praise to have got Suzuki, Tatar and a 2nd for Pacioretty but... he also had a deal for Pacioretty accepted which apparently was Pearson, 1st 2018 (Kupari) and Anderson-Dolan it seem like with Pacioretty refusing a contract with LA we dodged a bullet...

Reactions: MTL-rules

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
As a Rookie in the OHL in 63 games he had 38 points lol

He has 40 points in 62 as a Rookie in the NHL, could he truly be the number 1 center we have waited decades for..? its exciting, KK could become a more than acceptable 2nd line Center imo

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I was thinking about this today... Bergevin deserve the praise to have got Suzuki, Tatar and a 2nd for Pacioretty but... he also had a deal for Pacioretty accepted which apparently was Pearson, 1st 2018 (Kupari) and Anderson-Dolan it seem like with Pacioretty refusing a contract with LA we dodged a bullet...

There are like ten versions of what that trade was possibly going to be. Not going to throw him under the bus for a trade he didn't make.

No way around it, that was a great trade.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
There are like ten versions of what that trade was possibly going to be. Not going to throw him under the bus for a trade he didn't make.

No way around it, that was a great trade.

I think the LA one was at the deadline too wasn't it? Feels like some trades are better off made in the summer.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Man this kid could be a PPG player next year! I've been a fan of this team since the 80's. He could be our best forward in my lifetime

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

dogged a bullet there so thanks to Paciretty
dogge a bullet on the Sergachev trade not having that 2nd included thanks to TB.
dogged a bullet that Scandella wanted more money or term thanks to Scandella.

MB the dogged a bullet GM. Meanwhile Molson just sits on his ass counting his money and patting MB on the back for building such a hard working no quit team as Timmins and Churla take turns blasting their quads. What a wonderful organization.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
dogge a bullet on the Sergachev trade not having that 2nd included thanks to TB.

MB the dogged a bullet GM. Meanwhile Molson just sits on his ass counting his money and patting MB on the back for building such a hard working no quit team as Timmins and Churla take turns blasting their quads. What a wonderful organization.
Literally none of these besides the Sergachev trade are confirmed, they are purely speculation.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

If were gonna blame bergevin for stuffs that did not end up happening, then he should be credited for stuffs that almost happened like almost signing Panarin from the khl, almost aquiring Aho...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Literally none of these besides the Sergachev trade are confirmed, they are purely speculation.

Canadiens captain Max Pacioretty rejected trade to Kings, source says

"The deal was done," said a source familiar of the negotiations. "But the trade was conditional on Max signing a long-term deal with L.A."

MB likely dogged a bullet because Pac nixed the trade. Happy now?

As for Scandella then MB dogged a bullet if Scandella wanted more term or money. But I could totally see MB offering him a deal because he sucks at his job.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Canadiens captain Max Pacioretty rejected trade to Kings, source says

MB likely dogged a bullet because Pac nixed the trade. Happy now?

As for Scandella then MB dogged a bullet if Scandella wanted more term or money. But I could totally see MB offering him a deal because he sucks at his job.
So do you have insider knowledge on what the trade was? Heck you said it yourself. LIKELY dodged a bullet meaning you have no idea what the proposal was. What if it included next years 1st unprotected and we got a top pick out of it?

Yet Bergevin still got a 2nd+ for Scandella. Who's to say that he doesn't want to do the same thing like Plekanec where we traded him and signed him again?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So do you have insider knowledge on what the trade was? Heck you said it yourself. LIKELY dodged a bullet meaning you have no idea what the proposal was. What if it included next years 1st unprotected and we got a top pick out of it?

Yet Bergevin still got a 2nd+ for Scandella. Who's to say that he doesn't want to do the same thing like Plekanec where we traded him and signed him again?

it means no Suzuki, Tatar and a 2nd so that sounds like he dogged a bullet to me but feel free to call it whatever you want.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
it means no Suzuki, Tatar and a 2nd so that sounds like he dogged a bullet to me but feel free to call it whatever you want.
It could also mean Vilardi+top 3 pick in 2019+Muzzin...etc or whatever. You are literally the one calling it whatever you want. Unless you know something that nobody else knows and know EXACTLY what the offer was, you can't say that Bergevin got lucky or not.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Pearson + Dolan + 1st pick wasn't that bad of a return either. Dolan could end up being good, he's not doing bad for his first AHL season. The first pick could have been Sandin and we would be crazy happy about him. Pearson is having a good season so far aswell.

Always thought it was Vilardi + 1st + Pearson tho ? Wasn't it ?

Not as good as Suzuki-Tatar-2nd but it wasn't that bad of a return either.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It could also mean Vilardi+top 3 pick in 2019+Muzzin...etc or whatever. You are literally the one calling it whatever you want. Unless you know something that nobody else knows and know EXACTLY what the offer was, you can't say that Bergevin got lucky or not.

the article said the 20th OA was in play but since Pac didn't agree to re-sign it fell through. So to me he got real lucky since you keep saying how bad Timmins is, Suzuki is clearly the better option then a 20th OA pick.

So if I feel like saying he got lucky then I will, you don't agree that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad