Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Regarding the 2017 draft.

Would you rather have Hischier or Suzuki as of today?
That's a tough one. I think Suzuki has more upside because he's so smart which you can't really teach. It's just instinctual for him at this point. His skating and strength are things that will only improve and he's shown that he has the drive to do that.

Hischier is reliant on skating but he already does that at such a high level. He'll likely get stronger but theirs less room for improvement

Today they are similarly effective players. Just think Suzuki has more room to grow

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Regarding the 2017 draft.

Would you rather have Hischier or Suzuki as of today?

It's always tough to go against the 1st OA pick, but I do like Suzuki more this year. I think you could've put Nick on any team and he'd have been a key player this year, whether on the wing or as a center.

Pettersson's the one clear center well above the rest for that year.

I think we'll look back at 2016 to 2019 and see how much of a missed opportunity it was to embrace the rebuild.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I think Suzuki will be our #1C next season, we need to give him the best wingers. I hope he bumps Domi to LW1.

Serious question though, do you think Claude will play Suzuki as his #1C next year? Depends on if Tatar-Danault-Gallagher is still around, because I doubt CJ ever breaks that line up

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I think Suzuki will be our #1C next season, we need to give him the best wingers. I hope he bumps Domi to LW1.

Serious question though, do you think Claude will play Suzuki as his #1C next year? Depends on if Tatar-Danault-Gallagher is still around, because I doubt CJ ever breaks that line up

I think Suzuki has to wait at least another year, Bergeron 2.0 won't be moved from Tatar and Gally... There is a good chance he never plays with both of them, because Tatar will probably be traded next year.

Just this once

Feb 22, 2019

Why break the best even strength line in the league?
They have the best Corsi of the league this year and last year, so it is hard to do better.
Best for Suzuki is to create his own second line, hopefully more offensive, so they would be about equal in playing time. I just don't see him replacing Danault in the next year or two, but they are pretty close in ice time, so it does not particularly matter. Arguably, he will be able to produce more on a second line if he gets good scorers to feed.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Points is just the tree that hides the forest. He's anormal according to the simple standards of my 1909.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
I would like to see a consistent 2nd and 3rd lines. It has to be frustrating to Domi and Suzuki to be constantly playing with new people. I like Danault, but he only has 12 goals playing with Tatar and Galli. I wonder how Suzuki and Domi could do if CJ played them regularly together, define their role from the start, and helped them build consistently.

His is face off, shot, and passing are pretty impressive.

Personally, I would like to see Suzuki play with a little more grit. He tends to lose the puck battles. Anyone who plays hockey knows that 6 minutes of penalties in 61 games means you could be playing D harder.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I would like to see a consistent 2nd and 3rd lines. It has to be frustrating to Domi and Suzuki to be constantly playing with new people. I like Danault, but he only has 12 goals playing with Tatar and Galli. I wonder how Suzuki and Domi could do if CJ played them regularly together, define their role from the start, and helped them build consistently.

Personally, I would like to see Suzuki play with a little more grit. He tends to lose the puck battles. Anyone who plays hockey knows that 6 minutes of penalties in 61 games means you could be playing D harder.

Datsyuk says hi

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec

Suzuki is a smart player,

he doesnt waste any energy by skating around hustling for loose pucks

he doesnt need to play like a Gallagher, he is a celebral player and that’s fine

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
I do not see all the qualities to be a star. He will be a good player. Hope I am wrong and he becomes a star.

Stars are determined by production, not superficial and assumed qualities. Sure, there is a standard of skill necessary, I’d say most NHL prospects can match that standard to one degree or the other. Then there are players with apparent and unquestionable talent above the rest. These types could be superstars or they could completely bust because we can’t see into their heads.
These guys are rare though. The majority of “stars” earn that title because of production while many more skilled playersflounder when competition gets tough and they must work hard to stay successful.

More than not, Stars are determined by things you can’t enumerate. They come from different levels of natural skill relative to one another. But the quality they all share is they work hard and don’t depend on their visible “skills”. They refine those skills and others based on their emotional and mental makeup.

Suzuki has every chance to become an nhl as star that a guy like KK has. Whether or not one or the other fails or succeeds won’t come down to arbitrary opinions and nitpicking about edgework. The guy produces in the league, he’s a star. A guy doesn’t, he’s a bust. Suzuki is producing and will only get better. A guy like KK may have a higher ceiling, but that’s a minor factor in determining if he succeeds or not.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's always tough to go against the 1st OA pick, but I do like Suzuki more this year. I think you could've put Nick on any team and he'd have been a key player this year, whether on the wing or as a center.

Pettersson's the one clear center well above the rest for that year.

I think we'll look back at 2016 to 2019 and see how much of a missed opportunity it was to embrace the rebuild.
True, we missed the embracing of those years but it’s starting to look like we are gonna be making love to the 2020 draft......I’m expecting octuplets coming out of this one :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad